Sabor Modern Mexican Question

Spire2000

I've poked around and can't find a complete answer on this so I'll ask it here.

The new Sabor Modern Mexican spot on the Oasis is something that caught my eye. Just now, I was booking our reservations for things and noticed there is no charge for Sabor. When I booked Chopps there was the expected $38 fee but no fee (noted as complimentary) for Sabor. Is this a glitch? Or is it A La Carte pricing? Or is it simply as it says?

I booked it and still no charge.

Thanks in advance.

No fee for reservations - everything is a la carte. $3-$4 per item (margaritas are $12, so be careful!). You don't need reservations, I never saw it that busy on our full ship for Thanksgiving. We ate there 3x.

Don't miss the guac or the chicken stuffed jalapenos!

No fee for reservations - everything is a la carte. $3-$4 per item (margaritas are $12, so be careful!). You don't need reservations, I never saw it that busy on our full ship for Thanksgiving. We ate there 3x.

Ok, great! Thanks for the info.

I didn't realize Chops was now $38.:eek:

Might have been a typo (they are close on the keypad). It was $35 per person for us, and we got it 1/2 off on the first night, so it was $35 total, which was awesome.

We got the same deal at Sabor the next day. We got the $20 feast for $10.

On the subject of the $12 margaritas, I've heard that come up a lot. I was envisioning when people said it was too much ice, as being a way too big glass of a frozen margarita that one person couldn't drink. But someone recently posted a picture (Bighairedtexan maybe?) showing the actual drink and it is a $12 drink I would say the ice is taking up $9 of the room.

we were thinking of booking 3 specialty dining reservations to get a 30% OBC. If Sabor is a la carte pricing is it eligible for that promotion? We were going to do giovanis chops and sabor.

also, do they always offer 1/2 price on the first day at chops?

we were thinking of booking 3 specialty dining reservations to get a 30% OBC. If Sabor is a la carte pricing is it eligible for that promotion? We were going to do giovanis chops and sabor.

also, do they always offer 1/2 price on the first day at chops?

The a la carte restaurants (Sabor, Izumi, etc.) are eligible for the specialty dining promo.

and if Sabor is included in the 30 percent OBC, how and when does it appear on your account?

After you have your meal at Sabor, whatever you have spent on food is multiplied by 30% and added as OBC to your onboard account.

After you have your meal at Sabor, whatever you have spent on food is multiplied by 30% and added as OBC to your onboard account.

Bob,

For Oasis next month we have Giovanni's, Sabor, 150 Central, Izumi and Solarium Bistro booked for dinner. Will we get 30% OBC or was there something that we had to sign up for to get that offer?

thanks

Bob,

For Oasis next month we have Giovanni's, Sabor, 150 Central, Izumi and Solarium Bistro booked for dinner. Will we get 30% OBC or was there something that we had to sign up for to get that offer?

thanks

I thought it was automatic, but I would bring this printout with you:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

On the subject of the $12 margaritas, I've heard that come up a lot. I was envisioning when people said it was too much ice, as being a way too big glass of a frozen margarita that one person couldn't drink. But someone recently posted a picture (Bighairedtexan maybe?) showing the actual drink and it is a $12 drink I would say the ice is taking up $9 of the room.

Yup, that was my picture.

ImageUploadedByForums1418854840.019660.jpg.f93f2af448f052a6fe86558ea4cea9e4.jpg

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How confusing for Sabor to be a flat rate on some boats and a la carte on others. I ate at Sabor on Navigator out of Galveston and it was flat rate $25. I don't know if it's changing when it moves.

About the Margarita. The sweet and spicy margarita for $12 is very good. With that said, I probably wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't have the drink package. (I paid the extra $2 bucks.)

Hi, so if I make reservations for Chops for the first night it's half off? On any ship or only Oasis? We'll be on the Navigator in January and I'd like to make reservations if that's the case. Would we still get the OBC for reserving 3+ restaurants? We've never done a specialty restaurant on a cruise before! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How confusing for Sabor to be a flat rate on some boats and a la carte on others. I ate at Sabor on Navigator out of Galveston and it was flat rate $25. I don't know if it's changing when it moves.

About the Margarita. The sweet and spicy margarita for $12 is very good. With that said, I probably wouldn't have ordered it if I didn't have the drink package. (I paid the extra $2 bucks.)

I can't remember who posted a picture but there is a picture of Sabor restaurant on the Navigator -- it's very much different that the Sabor on the Oasis...Oasis Sabor is more like Rita's on the Allure or what a Boardwalk restaurant might look like. Perhaps that is why there is a difference in pricing.

About the ice -- I don't know about the bars in your areas but where live most drinks, except for martinis, have a lot of ice. I usually ask for little ice when ordering.

Edited by nednrom

I've poked around and can't find a complete answer on this so I'll ask it here.

The new Sabor Modern Mexican spot on the Oasis is something that caught my eye. Just now, I was booking our reservations for things and noticed there is no charge for Sabor. When I booked Chopps there was the expected $38 fee but no fee (noted as complimentary) for Sabor. Is this a glitch? Or is it A La Carte pricing? Or is it simply as it says?

I booked it and still no charge.

Thanks in advance.

I'm confused. When we got it on the ship, it think it was $25 per person with extra for Margaritas. The guacamole was wonderful! Not Tex-Mex, but also not to be missed.

I think on the Oasis the pricing may be because of the venue. It is the former Seafood Shack and is a very casual atmosphere. Very different from the Navigator. I much prefer the Navigator and the more formal atmosphere for dinner but for lunch the a la carte pricing was great. As for the Margarita I thought on the Navigator it was well worth the price but on the Oasis not so much. I hope it hasn't changed on the Navigator. We have two more cruises booked before it leaves Galveston.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app