Legend of the seas questions

We are traveling with friends on the 1-16-15 cruise to Southern Caribbean.

Can you tell us:

* Entertainment reviews?

* Cabin 3085 ok? Inside, have heard since the ship is smaller it may have

more movement. Beds ok?

* favorite foods

* ports of call reviews ST Thomas, St Kitts, Dominica, Antgua, ST Martin,

favorite activity you did.

* Things you discovered that will help us

We've been on 10 cruises and I can't remember which cruise it was but I'm a fan of Mo-Town and there was a band on one of the ships that I LOVED. Wish you could clue me in what their name was and what ship they are on.

:):)Thanks in advance!

Agree with Bob. I really enjoyed the Park Café. Entertainment will be different than we had last February so I won't answer that. Excellent ports with lots to do so I suggest you go to the Caribbean port of call board for excursion ideas that would interest you. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

We are traveling with friends on the 1-16-15 cruise to Southern Caribbean.

Can you tell us:

* Entertainment reviews?

* Cabin 3085 ok? Inside, have heard since the ship is smaller it may have

more movement. Beds ok?

* favorite foods

* ports of call reviews ST Thomas, St Kitts, Dominica, Antgua, ST Martin,

favorite activity you did.

We've been on 10 cruises and I can't remember which cruise it was but I'm a fan of Mo-Town and there was a band on one of the ships that I LOVED. Wish you could clue me in what their name was and what ship they are on.

:):)Thanks in advance!

Bed comfort is very subjective. I find mine very comfortable. Others think that they are too hard.

Entertainment is ok. Not spectacular, not bad. VERY standard cruise-ship-fare.

Insides are very very small. Your location is fine.

Horizon was the headliner on the second night, and they did a Motown show, and they were GREAT. I don't know about a house band that does motown.

Use the Ports of Call board for port reviews.

Food is food. I find little variation from ship to ship. The cookies have been good so far, nice and chewy, not crisp/stale. Chops was excellent on Night 1.

Greetings from Aruba!

Is the Park Cafe open on embarkation day? We'd love to avoid the Windjammer madhouse.

As mentioned above, Park Cafe is open. Also, Legend being a smaller ship, Windjammer never seemed that bad to me.

Bed comfort is very subjective. I find mine very comfortable. Others think that they are too hard.

Hey hey MM!! Hope you're having an awesome time.. I'm sure you are. :D:D

By chance if you're ever on deck 8 I'm booked in a J interior midship which I've never booked before, and supposedly they're waaaay larger than the standard K/L interior (164sf vs. 142sf) with larger 3 seater sofa etc. Did you do a cabin crawl? If not, any chance you can take a peak and post here what you think? If you don't get a chance no biggie.

Thx MM, have a great day in Bonaire today ;)

edit -- g'morn Bob and LMaxwell... I can ask you the above as well if you have seen these cabins?? Thx :)

Edited by Hoopster95

Cafe Lattetudes on Deck 6; off the Centrum, has very good snacks at no charge, until 10 or 11 pm.

The sun deck on Deck 9 behind the gym is real classic cruise ship experience - teak wood decks - sun loungers - quiet - view of the wake of the ship. You get there either going through the gym or spa (behind solarium) or from deck 10 exterior and some steps down.

edit -- g'morn Bob and LMaxwell... I can ask you the above as well if you have seen these cabins?? Thx :)

I had a Category L inside on deck 6. It had kind of armless loveseat / 2 seater. I did not do a cabin crawl so can't say if the K category is larger or not. The L category was billed as a "Large" room and supposedly 10 sq ft larger than a standard room (I did see some of the sideways standard rooms in passing and they seemed smaller than our L).

Hey hey MM!! Hope you're having an awesome time.. I'm sure you are. :D:D

By chance if you're ever on deck 8 I'm booked in a J interior midship which I've never booked before, and supposedly they're waaaay larger than the standard K/L interior (164sf vs. 142sf) with larger 3 seater sofa etc. Did you do a cabin crawl? If not, any chance you can take a peak and post here what you think? If you don't get a chance no biggie.

Thx MM, have a great day in Bonaire today ;)

I have a J cabin in a few weeks, will do a review later. I am a few months late in my Princess review however :)

John

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I find the entertainment & menus for the mdr? I've checked beyondships2.com but think it's for the 11night cruise & we're going on the 10 night. Is it the same menu minus the last night??? Also where do we find the daily compass? We sail on Jan16th to Southern Carribean on the Legend Of The Seas. Thank u. Happy sailing, everyone!:)

Does anyone know where I find the entertainment & menus for the mdr? I've checked beyondships2.com but think it's for the 11night cruise & we're going on the 10 night. Is it the same menu minus the last night??? Also where do we find the daily compass? We sail on Jan16th to Southern Carribean on the Legend Of The Seas. Thank u. Happy sailing, everyone!:)

We will be on the same sailing, I grabbed the menus from the same site just to get some idea of what to expect since we haven't sailed RCCL in a long time.

Recent thread with compasses in 9 day cruise, gives some idea in entertainment at least. Look forward to it next week!

John

sorry to say you won't get mo town on this ship/ just came back from the same cruise a few days ago. worst ship i have been on bad service under staffed entertaiment rubbish food average if you can get hot in the main dinning room rude people. sorry to put dampers on this ship but spent two weeks of complaining and had to move rooms.

but destination good and weather brilliant so there is something to look forward to/

Park Cafe beef started out good, but by day 3 it was awful, way overcooked. :(

No Freestyle machines. :(

Get a spot to watch Centrum show about 30 minutes early, definitely worth it from deck 4 or 5

Singer/Impressionist was great

Chef's Table was fantastic, try and get it for $70 PP. We did menu with scallops and veal

Have fun

Can anyone tell me what side of the ship is the designated smoking area, and if said smoke can be smelled from the balcony on the deck below? Thanks

It was starboard side on our Legend cruise in 2013.