Outlets for CPAP

pmCruiser

We just received our cabin assignment for our cruise on the Regal Princess and were upgraded to a Deluxe Balcony. I need an outlet to plug-in a CPAP machine. In a standard balcony the desk appears to be on the same wall as the bed, and therefore, worst case, I can run an extension cord behind the mattress and across the desk to the outlet. But, in the deluxe balcony cabin the desk appears to be on the opposite wall. Are there any (110 volt) outlets that are on the same wall as the bed? Or, am I going to have to run an extension cord across the floor?

We just received our cabin assignment for our cruise on the Regal Princess and were upgraded to a Deluxe Balcony. I need an outlet to plug-in a CPAP machine. In a standard balcony the desk appears to be on the same wall as the bed, and therefore, worst case, I can run an extension cord behind the mattress and across the desk to the outlet. But, in the deluxe balcony cabin the desk appears to be on the opposite wall. Are there any (110 volt) outlets that are on the same wall as the bed? Or, am I going to have to run an extension cord across the floor?

You can request that Princess will set you up with for a CPAP. Call your TA or Princess direct and ask for a special medical request . They also supply distilled water as well . If you go into your cruise personalizer , select Guest check in . There is a selection for distilled water . In the box below ask for a CPAP set up in your room. Then check with the room steward when you board . They might have to do it after you board. There is no charge for the distilled water.

I'm lucky I don't have to cruise with my CPAP machine.

Agree with the above statement-I use a CPAP and notify on my princess profile I need distilled water and ext cord-they have either had it in my mini suite cabin when I first come in or the steward when I see him sets it up for us[tape on floor if needed hold ext cord avoid triping over it].:eek:

You can request that Princess will set you up with for a CPAP. Call your TA or Princess direct and ask for a special medical request . They also supply distilled water as well . If you go into your cruise personalizer , select Guest check in . There is a selection for distilled water . In the box below ask for a CPAP set up in your room. Then check with the room steward when you board . They might have to do it after you board. There is no charge for the distilled water.

I'm lucky I don't have to cruise with my CPAP machine.

I've already requested both distilled water and an extension (and I can see both when I look at my Travel Summary document). My concern is the location of the outlet. In other words, will I have to lay the extension across floor on which we will walk, or is there a 110 volt outlet on the same wall as the bed.

I've already requested both distilled water and an extension (and I can see both when I look at my Travel Summary document). My concern is the location of the outlet. In other words, will I have to lay the extension across floor on which we will walk, or is there a 110 volt outlet on the same wall as the bed.

I've taken my CPAP on 2 Princess cruises and there wasn't any "set up." I did request the distilled water and an extension cord, but they were just left in my room.

But there is usually only one outlet per cabin so you just have to be careful and step over it if it has to go across the room. I unplug mine every morning so wouldn't want to tape it to the floor.

Here is along recent thread on the subject....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137697&highlight=cpap

We will be in a deluxe balcony on the Regal from 1/4-1/11. I will report back to you on the location of the outlets. We will have the same issue with running an extension cord for our CPAPs and I was curious about it as well.

We will be in a deluxe balcony on the Regal from 1/4-1/11. I will report back to you on the location of the outlets. We will have the same issue with running an extension cord for our CPAPs and I was curious about it as well.

We run the extension cord across the floor and put a towel over it at night. It makes it just visible enough to not trip over. We just roll up the cord every morning and stick it under the bed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you. I would really appreciate that.

Enjoy your cruise, and save some food for us :)

On many Princess ships, the night stand lamps are plugged into

220v UK style outlets.

Would it be possible to use a plug adapter with one of these outlets?

(which would be right next to the bed)

Most CPAP machines can now handle 110 to 220 volts. Check your owner's manual, or find the information stamped on your machine or power brick (if applicable). You may need a magnifying glass to read it, but it should be there. I always travel with a 12 foot extension cord, and tuck it away somewhere during the day. It's just too hard to predict where the outlet will be, so I try to be prepared for almost anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be in a Vista suite on the Emerald in January. Do the suites have more than one outlet since they are the size of 2 cabins? The suite will be occupied by 3 people so the person in the sofa bed will need their own outlet as well as one person in the bed. it looks like there are 2 desks in the suite according to the cabin layout.

Edited by susiesan

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Regal this morning. Yes, the Deluxe Balcony (we were in E408)only has outlets on the wall opposite the bed/love seat. Yes, we DID need to run an extension cord along the wall and under the bed. I will upload the photos I took of the cabin, the outlets and the extension cord once I can get to a computer to upload them to. Our room steward brought us an unopened gallon of distilled water and he provided us a very long extension cord (15'?) and he taped the cord down for us. I then used one of my personal cords to plug into that cord so that I had outlets on my side of the bed and then ran a longer cord across the head of the bed over to the other side for my husband's CPAP.

It worked perfectly well and we never had an issue with it. We did use the suggestion to throw a hand towel over it at night to prevent catching it and falling.

Happy sailing! You'll LOVE the Regal! Wish I was getting back on her now!

We will be in a Vista suite on the Emerald in January. Do the suites have more than one outlet since they are the size of 2 cabins? The suite will be occupied by 3 people so the person in the sofa bed will need their own outlet as well as one person in the bed. it looks like there are 2 desks in the suite according to the cabin layout.

Yes the desk near the sofa bed will have an outlet on it.

Mike:)

Just off the Regal this morning. Yes, the Deluxe Balcony (we were in E408)only has outlets on the wall opposite the bed/love seat. Yes, we DID need to run an extension cord along the wall and under the bed. I will upload the photos I took of the cabin, the outlets and the extension cord once I can get to a computer to upload them to. Our room steward brought us an unopened gallon of distilled water and he provided us a very long extension cord (15'?) and he taped the cord down for us. I then used one of my personal cords to plug into that cord so that I had outlets on my side of the bed and then ran a longer cord across the head of the bed over to the other side for my husband's CPAP.

It worked perfectly well and we never had an issue with it. We did use the suggestion to throw a hand towel over it at night to prevent catching it and falling.

Happy sailing! You'll LOVE the Regal! Wish I was getting back on her now!

Thanks for the update. I'll be looking for your pictures. We sail on Jan 25th and we're really looking forward to it.

You might want to keep a long extension cord permanently attached to your CPAP. I started doing that because hotel rooms can be a problem, too. Never know where I'm going to find an outlet to plug in to.

This also gives me more places to plug my ereader in if I want to read in bed while it's charging.

I wanted to post these photos for OP's question about the set up in the deluxe balcony for use of CPAP machines and location of outlets. As I mentioned earlier, our cabin steward provided a very long extension cord for our use and he taped it down for us along the wall and ran it under the bed. I brought my own cords and since both DH and I each use a CPAP, I ran one of my cords over the head of the bed to the other side for his use.

We also threw a small towel over the cord on the floor so we didn't catch it and trip.

2129283180_extensioncordtaped.jpg.b13da524250a5a8dfe59992c1323574a.jpg

725960473_outlet1.jpg.063264bfe87f4719f4c761c9db9e2b7b.jpg

2100305565_outletright.jpg.fe51496c6d3bcdac80d0bace1edb5835.jpg

I wanted to post these photos for OP's question about the set up in the deluxe balcony for use of CPAP machines and location of outlets. As I mentioned earlier, our cabin steward provided a very long extension cord for our use and he taped it down for us along the wall and ran it under the bed. I brought my own cords and since both DH and I each use a CPAP, I ran one of my cords over the head of the bed to the other side for his use.

We also threw a small towel over the cord on the floor so we didn't catch it and trip.

Thank you.