AA Main Cabin Extra

BlackJack2

it gives you a couple extra inches. (I have an annual plan for it on United (they call it E+ seating) but i have gotten it on AA before), I am about 6ft tall so it makes the ride much nicer on longer flights. I usually wont get it on the short flights under an hour. (now it they went to a annual plan like UA does it would be nice).

Worth it?? only you can answer that. If you are short, for example, it probably wont make much difference as you are only getting a little more legroom nothing else.. You also have to look at the cost and how much it adds to the price of your ticket. The long flights the cost can add up quick.

Worth it?? only you can answer that.

I agree. Two hours, not worth it to me. Four hours I'll entertain buying it. I'll calculate the cost per hour and decide if 3-4 inches more pitch is worth it.

We're coming back from Toronto on our next cruise. Three and half hours on one of those delightful United RJs. Sprung for E+ for $45. If it was a grownup airplane, I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

Another factor is if it's an overnight. Likelier to pay for more room hoping it helps sleeping.

I agree. Two hours, not worth it to me. Four hours I'll entertain buying it. I'll calculate the cost per hour and decide if 3-4 inches more pitch is worth it.

We're coming back from Toronto on our next cruise. Three and half hours on one of those delightful United RJs. Sprung for E+ for $45. If it was a grownup airplane, I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

Another factor is if it's an overnight. Likelier to pay for more room hoping it helps sleeping.

The E+ option on United includes exit row seating as well. I always grab those when avail. You are right on the Barbie Jets.. "almost" makes them tolerable. ;)

Why don't they have the seat back video screens?

They do...just not on the 757s. Their 757s are not pretty. But other airlines have 757s that they fly medium/long haul that don't have individual TVs (United only has them on some 757s, which means you can go all the way to Europe without one...Delta also doesn't have them on all 757s).

American was often bottom of the barrel amongst the major US airlines when it comes to individual TVs...but they're becoming the best, slowly but surely. But the 757s aren't great.

How did we survive back the old days without IFE? :D

I can't even remember the last time I used an airlines IFE system. I always bring my own stuff to amuse myself. I don't even want to touch those small seat back screens...when was the last time they were cleaned. :eek:

I can't even remember the last time I used an airlines IFE system. I always bring my own stuff to amuse myself. I don't even want to touch those small seat back screens...when was the last time they were cleaned. :eek:

How did we survive back in the day without Internet? And yet, here we are...

IFE is very, very important to me on longhaul flights. As someone who takes 14-16 hour flights almost monthly, it helps to pass the time, it helps to put me to sleep...and as a movie buff, it helps me to catch up on missed movies!

Like anything, it's a matter of what you are used to. Back in the day, we survived without IFE because it never occurred to us that we could have it. Instead we brought books and magazines, decks of cards and other travel sized games. All of that could be heavy to carry of course, but since we could check our bags for free and didn't have laptops/tablets/cell phones, we didn't have much else to carry on so it was fine. :)

It was more of a joke people...lighten up. :rolleyes:

Since I'm the only one who replied, I assume when you say "people" you're referring to me. I know you were joking, but it IS an issue you hear people complain about, so I simply thought I'd put it in perspective. Geez...

Since I'm the only one who replied, I assume when you say "people" you're referring to me. I know you were joking, but it IS an issue you hear people complain about, so I simply thought I'd put it in perspective. Geez...

I was not referring to you personally....it is just that this message board seems to lack a sense of humor overall. Some folks seem to think that finding a cheap hotel in Miami is right up there with curing cancer as far as importance in life. (A little hyperbole but you get the point)