New Internet options on Dream, Freedom, Magic, Glory?

AlphaB13

So I read on another website that I don't think I'm allowed to link, that the Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory & Carnival Magic have a new internet unlimited high speed option for $99 for the week and the option of purchasing additional plans for 50% off. This is supposedly recently updated (like 6 days ago) info but I hadn't heard anything over here yet. Anyone have any knowledge or understanding about how this works? I assume the $99 package is per person/device so that you purchase an additional plan for other people in the cabin.

Do you think it's the same as the program that offers the social media option? If yes, I'm all in! The website I found the info at didn't have specifics.

When I searched "carnival magic new internet packages" it was the first link on google.

When we were on Freedom last month, the $99 plan was the Premium option. It provided access to all Internet, including streaming media and Skype. That was the major difference between the Basic ($60) and Premium ($99) -- streaming video and audio. They didn't offer the 50% off to us, but that would be nice. You can use as many devices as you want, but only 1 can connect at a time. So device 1 has to log off before device 2 can logon. Your user credentials were your portfolio number and birthdate. We did the social plans to keep the kids happy and it worked great. But since we had 4 teens that ALL had to be connected at the same time, we had to purchase it 4 times. Still $100 well spent to keep them happy (and quiet)!

When we were on Freedom last month, the $99 plan was the Premium option. It provided access to all Internet, including streaming media and Skype. That was the major difference between the Basic ($60) and Premium ($99) -- streaming video and audio. They didn't offer the 50% off to us, but that would be nice. You can use as many devices as you want, but only 1 can connect at a time. So device 1 has to log off before device 2 can logon. Your user credentials were your portfolio number and birthdate. We did the social plans to keep the kids happy and it worked great. But since we had 4 teens that ALL had to be connected at the same time, we had to purchase it 4 times. Still $100 well spent to keep them happy (and quiet)!

Thank you for the info! I was hoping that this might roll out on the Magic by the time of my cruise so hopefully this is what I'll find when I board! If not, all won't be lost. It would just be a nice surprise!

That is the way it worked for me - Just off the Freedom. I had the Basic ($60) internet, and it was actually great - worked quickly unlike the previous internet which was slow and half the time wouldn't load anything. My only complaint is that in Cozumel, docked next to the Paradise, the Paradise's signal was stronger than the Freedom and my tablet would only connect to the Paradise unless I was up against my stateroom door - that seemed to be the magical point where the Freedom's signal became stronger than the Paradise's. :p

Edited by iamsteph

That's so good to hear that it was better than the old internet. I'm interested to find out, since you said the speeds were pretty decent on basic, how fast things are on the premium.

I'll try to post an update on whether the Magic does in fact have all these options since it's not looking like anyone here has experienced it yet on the other ships besides the Freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I read on another website that I don't think I'm allowed to link, that the Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory & Carnival Magic have a new internet unlimited high speed option for $99 for the week and the option of purchasing additional plans for 50% off. This is supposedly recently updated (like 6 days ago) info but I hadn't heard anything over here yet. Anyone have any knowledge or understanding about how this works? I assume the $99 package is per person/device so that you purchase an additional plan for other people in the cabin.

Do you think it's the same as the program that offers the social media option? If yes, I'm all in! The website I found the info at didn't have specifics.

When I searched "carnival magic new internet packages" it was the first link on google.

Someone on FB on a back to back on the Breeze said today it is on the Breeze as well.

Just off the Freedom today and we had the $99 plan. I thought it was fast compared to the previous internet but still didn't think it was that fast. A couple of times when I tried to play a short video clip from FB it was broken up. I also seemed to have a speed problem while in port. We were in cabin 9242 Lido deck and it seemed I had about 50% strength most of the time.

When you are talking $99 premium plan, is that a fixed rate for unlimited internet for the duration of the cruise? We will be on the magic in February and I want to stay in contact with home since my husband does not travel with us and my mother is 92 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you are talking $99 premium plan, is that a fixed rate for unlimited internet for the duration of the cruise? We will be on the magic in February and I want to stay in contact with home since my husband does not travel with us and my mother is 92 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it is unlimited. I found it a great way to keep in touch with the house/dog sitter ad a family member with frail health. It was well worth it to me for the piece of mind.

• 4 weeks later...
So I'm a little confused as to why it's $99 unlimited but offering 50% off on _____? Why would you need to buy more if you have unlimited? :confused:

multiple devices. say there are 2 of you in the room and you both want your iPhone or iPads to whatever smart device to work at the same time. $99 is unlimited for ONE device at a time. if you want two at the same time you need to buy the second plan

multiple devices. say there are 2 of you in the room and you both want your iPhone or iPads to whatever smart device to work at the same time. $99 is unlimited for ONE device at a time. if you want two at the same time you need to buy the second plan

Oh ok. So as long as you use the same device, then no need to purchase more then. Sweet. So has it been determined that it's on the Magic yet or no? I know the link provided above gave a list of the ships, but the Dream was crossed off saying that it wasn't implemented due to it being too slow so far.

It's for people who need more than 1 account. You can only connect one device at a time on each account -- multiple devices are ok, but the first has to log off before the 2nd can login, etc. In my case, each of my kids needed their own social account so they could be connected all the time.

Hope this helps...