Carnival CEO discusses Cuba potential

jimbo5544

Who knows. It seems many have forgotten history.

I keep hearing and reading people saying 54 years of an embargo didn't work.

HUH?

Castro was intending on invading all of Latin America if memory collects right. He was going to be the leader of third world countries. That didn't happen.

As far as a true coup, I can only imagine who's waiting in the wings. I may have been watching too many black and white flicks lately.

good points

Hi all!

Nice to hear Carnival is thinking ahead!:D

mugtech ~ I don't think that it so. I've flown to Cuba 6 times from Toronto & have had non stop flights each time. In January & this coming Feb the flight was/will be to Montego Bay to board the Your Cuba Cruise which is calling at 5 Cuban ports as it circumnavigates the island.

~ Jo ~ :)

Besides jailing dissidents and other civil rights violations let's not forget Cuba:

• Stole millions from US companies doing business in their country
  • Pointed nuclear missiles at the US
  • Possibly conspired in the assassination of a US President
  • Exported their revolution to three Central American countries
  • Shot down two US civilian aircraft that were doing leaflet drops
  • Emptied their prisons of real criminals and sent them to the US

Right or wrong, they're just a few reasons why some Americans have a different perspective on Cuba.

Raul - "What can you do for me?"

Obama - "What can we do for you?"

Who does all of this canoodling really benefit? ;)

Canoodling? Now that is a great word. Who benefits in China, Vietnam, And all of Southeast Asia. My guess is that Carnival thinks they could benefit, Ina major way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

but they must fly somewhere else first like Mexico because no one can fly over the USA on their way to Cuba directly...

That's absolutely not true. Flights from Canada to Cuba fly right through US airspace every single day. I'm an airline pilot and I hear Cubana on the frequency frequently. That's in addition to Canadian airlines that also operate flights between these two countries. All of them have permission to fly through our airspace, right over your head.

In addition to that, there ARE also nonstop flights between the US and Cuba. These are operated by various US carriers, including American Airlines. However, to book one of these flights as an American citizen, you must be part of one of the approved ways to travel to Cuba.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

This could happen sooner than you think. If the cruise industry sees this much potential, a flood of lobbying could begin, and Congress loves nothing so much as lobbyists...and their dollars. Once the various tourism trade associations start coordinating their efforts they could easily open up the island for limited tourism.

This could happen sooner than you think. If the cruise industry sees this much potential, a flood of lobbying could begin, and Congress loves nothing so much as lobbyists...and their dollars. Once the various tourism trade associations start coordinating their efforts they could easily open up the island for limited tourism.

Yes, but certain members of Congress HATE the cruise industry.