Truly no good offsite Miami parking options?

regana

I have spent hours on here, yelp, trip advisor, etc. looking for parking options in Miami exclusive of the $20/ day official port park and I'm at a loss. Premier or the other Premier, global, through Chris at premier, Safe cruise, United... Every single company has some truly horrible reviews. Am I really stuck with parking at the $20 place?!

Parking anywhere in Miami is expensive - the property is valuable! Hotels charge guests $25-30+/day to park! :eek: You could look at a hotel offering parking, but by the time you include the cab back to your car (about $30) your savings are small.

Security is also an issue in Miami -- parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure. Parking anywhere else is likely not to be covered, will not be as convenient, and for sure will not be as secure. :(

It is your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

an alternative is to use one of the airport off site parking places. I've used a couple of those over the years with great success when flying. You could take the parking shuttle to the airport and taxi from there

but by the time you add up the costs, you need a longer cruise to be saving much . . .

my experiences with off site near the port have led me to go back to port parking (or park at a friend or family house)

I've used several different lots in the area, and had some bad service. But for last two cruises I've used Global (2nd Ave parking garage). would definitely used them again. Close to the port, downtown area, top floor of gated structure. Downside is the vans are a bit beat-up, but your only on them for a few minutes. And of course on the return trip from ship could be a bit slower, but overall I was satisfied both times.

I have spent hours on here, yelp, trip advisor, etc. looking for parking options in Miami exclusive of the $20/ day official port park and I'm at a loss. Premier or the other Premier, global, through Chris at premier, Safe cruise, United... Every single company has some truly horrible reviews. Am I really stuck with parking at the $20 place?!

Yes, unless you hate your car, park at the port.

• 2 weeks later...
I've used several different lots in the area, and had some bad service. But for last two cruises I've used Global (2nd Ave parking garage). would definitely used them again. Close to the port, downtown area, top floor of gated structure. Downside is the vans are a bit beat-up, but your only on them for a few minutes. And of course on the return trip from ship could be a bit slower, but overall I was satisfied both times.

Just wondering for the 2nd Ave parking garage, do you need/have to reserve in advance or can you just drive up?

Global requires pre-paid over their site. They use the upper level of a public garage. I have seen signs on the entrance to the garage stating $5.00 a day parking (which of course is cheaper, and you can drive up), but keep in mind you need transportation to the port.