Dynamic Dining postponed for Oasis & Allure

brfan

[quote name='Elizanessie']It will be as it is... Traditional & MTD on Allure...no DD :D :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

Disappointed if it doesn't happen but I'm travelling with a great group so we'll all enjoy ourselves anyway. And we can still make sure we steer a wide berth from the DD haters :D Edited by Bobal

[quote name='Bobal']Disappointed if it doesn't happen but I'm travelling with a great group so we'll all enjoy ourselves anyway. And we can still make sure we steer a wide berth from the DD haters :D[/QUOTE]

And there was me thinking we would finally meet..but hey no worries :D

Liz,
I think you will find that DD/Classic and Wonderland be will rolled out in the fall on Oasis and Allue. Anthem crew/managers will go to these ships after a vacation/time off.

Allure will get the resturants in dry dock, Oasis 3 will have them as part of the ongoing build and will be the same layout as on QOS/AOS.

:D:D:D:D.

[quote name='SamFritz']It is also only 40 entrees for a whole week. In the Traditional MDRs you get 8 choices with a new menu every night. 8 x 7 = 56 entrees per cruise. I think THATS a few more choices than DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
But in the MDR several of the entrees are not to my liking, therefore with DD I can go to the restaurant where I like the menu the most, and as others have said, if there are 2 entrees I like, I can go back again, where as with MDR if there are two entrees you pick one and lose the other, never to be seen again!

I think we agree to disagree. Edited by little britain

[quote name='RJL58']Liz,
I think you will find that DD/Classic and Wonderland be will rolled out in the fall on Oasis and Allue. Anthem crew/managers will go to these ships after a vacation/time off.

Allure will get the resturants in dry dock, Oasis 3 will have them as part of the ongoing build and will be the same layout as on QOS/AOS.

:D:D:D:D.[/QUOTE]

I have just had an email from a RCCL Executive who confirmed that Oasis & Allure will continue as is..Traditional & MTD.

Quantum has DD but Anthem will be having Classic option as well as DD.

Wonderland has been removed from the dry dock schedule but Coastal Kitchen will be added.

[quote name='RJL58']Liz,

:D:D:D:D.[/QUOTE]

Now this makes more sense! This man sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Royal will know each sailing as to how many want Classic and they can turn the rest of the space over to DD :D Sorted!

[quote name='Elizanessie']I have just had an email from a RCCL Executive who confirmed that Oasis & Allure will continue as is..Traditional & MTD.

Wonderland has been removed from the dry dock schedule but Coastal Kitchen will be added.[/QUOTE]

So Oasis will continue to look stupid with their 3 tier dining room decked out in the decor of the diverse restaurants but sadly lacking in the menus!:confused:

[quote name='Paddigton Bear']Now this makes more sense! This man sounds like he knows what he's talking about. Royal will know each sailing as to how many want Classic and they can turn the rest of the space over to DD :D Sorted![/QUOTE]
That sounds good to me. Viva DD!:D

[quote name='Elizanessie']I have just had an email from a RCCL Executive who confirmed that Oasis & Allure will continue as is..Traditional & MTD.

[/QUOTE]

Care to share who the RCCL Exec is then so that we can all get the info and then it'd stop all this speculation? I know that Royal aren't great at putting news out there but really did they email some random and let them post it on CC and claim the glory?

[quote=Mouse's Shadow;45468563]We're so glad to hear that they are trying to offer something akin to traditional dining. We just got off of Allure 2 weeks ago. We were glad to have gotten to sail her before they split up the dining room. We have no desire to do a ship with DD, so our future cruises will be on smaller ships or other cruise lines. Right now we're booked on another cruise line. We'll just wait it out to see if they are able to come up with an option that is good for us.[/quote]

Your statement is not correct. We just got off Oasis a couple of weeks ago. The dining rooms were not split up, you still have the triple deck setup. The difference is that every level has a different decor but the basic structure has stayed the same.

Ok do we all agree we think its good or bad. This should be a done deal. The people who are worried will be till it happens or doesn't. The ines who are not are just ready to go. I am just worried about the autism and food allergies. Otherwise do what you want. But care for the people who need care. I think people who hobon when its smooth may like it but no one will win lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Care to share who the RCCL Exec is then so that we can all get the info and then it'd stop all this speculation? I know that Royal aren't great at putting news out there but really did they email some random and let them post it on CC and claim the glory?

I have learnt over the years not to reveal sources, otherwise you don't get told anything again but hey feel free to ignore what I posted..no worries.:D

Beat me to it. DD doesn't offer more choices for a 7 night cruise than traditional dining, despite all the hype! In fact, unless you're in a suite, there aren't even 40 to choose from. Only 4 of the 5 DD restaurants are available to all cruisers, so that's 32 entrees. And yes, recently they removed the cover charge from the "Devinly Decadence" venue due to the overcrowding at dinner, but that venue only offers 4 entrees, so even with that you only have 36 to choose from for the week, unless you're in a suite.

There were more than 4 entrees on the menu at Devinly decadence. I think we're about 8 when I was there two weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by kevinax

I have just had an email from a RCCL Executive who confirmed that Oasis & Allure will continue as is..Traditional & MTD.

Wonderland has been removed from the dry dock schedule but Coastal Kitchen will be added.

Seems so much simpler to just leave it as it currently is. It still gives people a choice of a set time/table or book a time that suits you.

My worry with Dynamic Dining is that i'll get bored/limited with the set menus. I don't eat meat or chicken as it is, so those 40-something choices is a lot less over the week. And not sure how often we would pick the formal restaurant (at least once but not sure twice).

But honestly, whatever it ends up being in April of 2016 on Allure, we'll go with the flow and enjoy our cruise. It's just all part of the cruising experience.

PS - What is Wonderland???

Edited by LuCruise

Royal Caribbean Brand Communications Manager Harrison Liu also discussed the future of Dynamic Dining, "As we continue to gather guest feedback we will evaluate ways to continue to elevate the Dynamic Dining experience to give our guests the choices and flexibility we know they desire. As we introduce Dynamic Dining to other ships in the fleet, further dates and details will be confirmed. "

This is official from royal caribbean as posted on another blog site.

Note; as we introduce DD to other ships in the fleet.

Royal Caribbean Brand Communications Manager Harrison Liu also discussed the future of Dynamic Dining, "As we continue to gather guest feedback we will evaluate ways to continue to elevate the Dynamic Dining experience to give our guests the choices and flexibility we know they desire. As we introduce Dynamic Dining to other ships in the fleet, further dates and details will be confirmed. "

This is official from royal caribbean as posted on another blog site.

Thanks for that Rich - nice to have confirmation from official sources rather than speculation and hearsay. Still hoping for DD for my 2 Allure sailings and my Oasis sailing later this year :D

No one is denying that DD will be introduced to other ships in the future...Ovation for one and maybe even Oasis 3.

But nothing in what you posted says it will be added to Oasis & Allure.

I know what my email today says and if you and your TC friends choose not to believe me then fine ..no worries :D