Transpacific cruises

delondin

Hi

Just wondering if Celebrity ever offer 123 go on transpacific cruises. Have one booked for 2016 and (we are in UK) agent told us it is not offered on these cruises. Anyone managed to get this offer?

If you look at the terms and conditions transpacific and transatlantic are not included. Did transpacific last year and nothing and doing transatlantic in 2016 getting nothing except what we get for booking onboard. That is $200.oo USD.

I am really disappointed with Celebrity. The Transpacific from Vancouver on September 11, 2015 ends in Shanghai. We've got a deposit on this cruise, however there are no shore excursions in Shanghai or post hotels. I wish Celebrity would offer something post cruise. Thinking of cancelling and moving to Princess. :(

Can't speak the language and not comfortable doing this on my own.

They haven't offered the beverage package on transpacific's recently. We had the beverage package included on a TA & a transpacific both in 2013. These were booked in early 2012.

Since then both TA & TP cruises have been excluded from beverage package offers in the US.

Fisherwoman,

I'm on this coming spring's eastbound transpacific from Shanghai. The pre-cruise options didn't become available until October. That seemed late to me, but that should give you hope, yours for September should be available about six months ahead of your cruise if the pattern holds.

Hi

Just wondering if Celebrity ever offer 123 go on transpacific cruises. Have one booked for 2016 and (we are in UK) agent told us it is not offered on these cruises. Anyone managed to get this offer?

I know that they offered the 123-Go on the latest Eclipse transatlantic for a very short period in the UK only. Other than that, I have never heard about the offer for any other repositioning cruises. I am not sure whether or not it was an error.

Although the UK has different T&C for most things, I doubt that the 123-Go will be offered for a transpacific. Eclipse was sailing out of the UK and they would have been looking to sell a high percentage of the sailing to Brits. This does not apply to the transpacific.

While on the April 2014 Constellation TA we booked both a September 2015 Vancouver to Tokyo TP and the following cruise around Japan (a B2B set). 1-2-3 was being offered at the time. The onboard sales person told us that the 1-2-3 offer was only available for the cruise around Japan, and not available for the TP as repositioning cruises are so inexpensively priced.

Last July Celebrity announced that the Japan cruise was chartered and the itinerary of the TP was changed such that it ended in China. We transferred our reservations to a set of Equinox cruises.

We have Hawaii to Vancouver, April 2016 booked. We booked while on board and received the free classic beverage package, free gratuities, and onboard credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have it booked in reverse and we have the 123 included. I'm not sure they class this as a TP. We did it this year all the way from Sydney to Vancouver and got nothing other than the OBC for booking onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am really disappointed with Celebrity. The Transpacific from Vancouver on September 11, 2015 ends in Shanghai. We've got a deposit on this cruise, however there are no shore excursions in Shanghai or post hotels. I wish Celebrity would offer something post cruise. Thinking of cancelling and moving to Princess. :(

Very few non Chinese speak Mandarin so your not alone there! Transfers and tours can booked via Viator and many other websites including those recommended on Tripadvisor offer a wealth of tour options. Shanghai City has 2 HOHO bus operators and a good metro system as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

We have Hawaii to Vancouver, April 2016 booked. We booked while on board and received the free classic beverage package, free gratuities, and onboard credit.

Honolulu-Vancouver sailings do not fall under the category of Transpacific cruises. They are categorized as Hawaii sailings. That's why the drink package promotions are valid on the Hawaii sailings and not Transpacific cruises are they are not one in the same.

I recently booked the Constellation from Istanbul to Abu Dhabi in 2016 and was a bit surprised to find it was categorized as a repositioning cruise, especially considering that the price for an AQ was higher than any AQ I have booked previously. No perks were included except the OBC that was available with the Future Cruise certificate that I used.

With all due respect, Celebrity is doing you a favor. Shanghai is a very international city where its pretty easy to get around on foot (or by using a taxi for longer distances). As to hotels, you can simply do the usual research on places like Tripadvisor (and other rating sites) and book your own hotel with any major booking site. You will get a better price then any cruise ship excursion, can have the freedom to choose the hotel of your choice, and you can even have your hotel concierge arrange for private guides or larger Grayline-type excursions. It is usually possible to get a good room in a luxury hotel for under $300 a night...and there are also plenty of less pricy decent hotels.

We have always found Shanghai to just be a fun place to explore on our own with the help of a recently published guidebook (Shanghai is always changing...so a newer guidebook is very helpful).

As to language, you are correct that it can be challenging at times, but its also a lot of fun. Many Chinese who are involved in the tourist trade (including those working in shops and restaurants) speak and understand some English. As to taxis, we will often use business cards to help. For example, when going out of your hotel just take some of the hotel's business cards (which are always written in English and Chinese/Mandarin) which you can show to any taxi driver to get back to your hotel. If a hotel concierge recommends a restaurant ask them to write down the address (they will often have business cards of many popular places).

My only complaint about Shanghai is the air pollution which can often be so bad that its hard to see across the river :(

Hank