Explore the wonders of South America with Cruzin Terri and Jim

Cruzin Terri

I am so sorry you had to make this difficult decision, and give up your trip. I do hope your BIL does well, quickly.

Hopefully there is a wonderful trip in your near future. Good karma will come your way for putting family first.

This morning Jim's brother went to the Emergency Room with an upper GI bleed. We are his guardians and caregivers and have no other family members to care for him.

We have spent many hours today making decisions and have finally decided that we need to be home with him. He is developmentally disabled and we are the ones who must make the decisions about his care.

We will be driving home from Fort Lauderdale tomorrow morning and we will go from there.

This is the second time that I have attempted a blog and have had to cancel.

Sorry everyone.

Terri, I feel so bad for you, just just can't seem to get a break. I hope all is OK with your BIL. One day there is a special cruise waiting for you, I am sure. You deserve the best.

This morning Jim's brother went to the Emergency Room with an upper GI bleed. We are his guardians and caregivers and have no other family members to care for him.

We have spent many hours today making decisions and have finally decided that we need to be home with him. He is developmentally disabled and we are the ones who must make the decisions about his care.

We will be driving home from Fort Lauderdale tomorrow morning and we will go from there.

Sorry everyone.

Oh Terry -- I feel so sorry for Jim and you.

After all you both went through this summer -- I can't believe this happening again.

Prayers that Jim's brother will be all right.

Sorry everyone.

Terri and Jim,

I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how seriously you take your caregiving responsibilities, Eugene is lucky to have you in his life. I will pray for his health and full recovery.

Wish I could do something to help.

Pat

Edited by sammiedawg

Terri, I am sorry you had to cancel your cruise. My disabled brother passed away this year, and I wish that I had spent more time with him when I could have. Take care of your BIL and your own health as well. Hope you get to do this cruise sometime in the future. I did each part separately, and really enjoyed them.

Edited by luvcruisn'

Thank you all for your concern. We have been driving all day and got to the hospital this evening.

He had surgery this morning. It appears that my first report of GI bleed was incorrect, but that's what I knew when I wrote.

He has some serious kidney problems and will require more surgery.

Have not spoken the doctor yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. They are greatly appreciated.

Terri

Thank you all for your concern. We have been driving all day and got to the hospital this evening.

He had surgery this morning. It appears that my first report of GI bleed was incorrect, but that's what I knew when I wrote.

Terri

Terri, don't worry one iota if you reported something incorrectly.

You could only go by what you heard and you were far away.

Praying the surgery works out well and you get good news from the doctor tomorrow.

God bless you both for caring so much.

thank you for updating us. we DO care and are so sad for you.

Terri

Glad you made it home safely.

Hopefully your BIL will recover quickly knowing that you both are for him.

Sorry to hear that BIL has to have more surgery. Prayers for him.

Hi, Terri, What rotten luck! I guess the silver lining is that you weren't at sea when it happened, and then frantically trying to get home, but I know how disappointed you and Jim must be. I know you will get to do this cruise sometime soon. (or at least I hope that for you.)

Give Eugene a big hug from his old friend Kathi, and tell him we all hope he's better very soon.

All the best to the three of you, Kathi

Terri,

I can't believe I was reading this about you and Jim having to miss another cruise. I remember receiving your e-mail in Civitavecchia the day before we were all to board our Med. cruise with you in August, but then Jim had his surgery in Rome.

I am so sorry for both of you. I was looking forward to reading your blog, knowing how disappointed you were in August and now this.

You must be one very caring wife and sister-in-law. Lucky men!! Take care. Hope to see you on a cruise one day soon yet!!

Connie

Thank you all for your thoughts prayers and well wishes. The first surgery went well. He is home from the hospital. He sees the doctor tomorrow. There is at least one more procedure and then we see where we go from there.

We know we did the right thing to cancel this cruise. We just can't believe it happened twice in a row.

Terri