Check-in time when starting with overnight

Scrappytraveller

Does anyone know if the check-in time is extended into the evening when a cruise starts with an overnight in the embarkation port?

Celebrity doesn't indicate anything on the itinerary, it just shows the departure time on day 2.

I'm looking at flights and wondering if I could arrive on the embarkation day, knowing I would have wiggle room if the flight were delayed. I know, I know, fly in the day before - normally I do, but this time it may not be possible.

The one I'm looking at starts in Istanbul, but I know celebrity has done this in a few places (Honolulu, Venice).

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I just took a cruise from Istanbul starting with an overnight on the ship. We checked in around 5 pm since I was on a tour. Celebrity told me I could check in later but would probably need to carry my own luggage on the ship. I would verify with them but pretty sure you wont have any trouble checking in late.

FYI, I would definitely try to get to Istanbul early if at all possible. Unless you have been there before, you will hardly be able to see anything in one day, especially since the ship departs around 2 or 3 pm the second day.I just spent five nights there before my cruise, not including the overnight on the ship and it was not nearly enough.

I took the Holy Land on the Connie in October and it was one of the best cruises ever!

We checked in on the Constellation around 6pm on the first day of the overnight stay at the beginning of our cruise in Oct 2013.

It took about 1 hours to drive from airport to ship because of rush hour traffic in Istanbul. Our driver took some back streets to ge to the port entrance which was fun.

We got thru security and had no problem with celebrity check in. We did not have to carry our bags, and there were other folks arriving on these late flghts into Istanbul.

We had book three nights after the cruise to see more of Istanbul beyond the all day tour we had the day of sailaway.

Enjoy your cruise.

I love Turkey and Istanbul.

Edited by Azulann

I'm glad someone posted this question as it's one I need to ask but was having trouble framing it!

we're on the Millie out of Singapore on 1 Feb but we overnight in Singapore on the 1st and sail late on the 2nd. we recently received our cruise docs which state that Celebrity will deny boarding to anyone arriving after check-in hours (12pm-5pm). our flight (which was booked almost 12 months ago) arrives at 5pm! I've emailed Celebrity, got a very prompt response asking for our flight details and then....nothing!

I can't see it being a problem but the lack of service from Celebrity is somewhat disturbing on what should be a simple question

I'm glad someone posted this question as it's one I need to ask but was having trouble framing it!

we're on the Millie out of Singapore on 1 Feb but we overnight in Singapore on the 1st and sail late on the 2nd. we recently received our cruise docs which state that Celebrity will deny boarding to anyone arriving after check-in hours (12pm-5pm). our flight (which was booked almost 12 months ago) arrives at 5pm! I've emailed Celebrity, got a very prompt response asking for our flight details and then....nothing!

I can't see it being a problem but the lack of service from Celebrity is somewhat disturbing on what should be a simple question

For that cruise, we are boarding on 2nd Feb and below is the response our TA received from X (with some contact phone numbers, which may help you). Cannot see why your schedule could possibly be a problem, although you most likely will need to carry on your luggage!

Thank you for your letter on 05/12/14

Embarking in Singapore on 02/02/15 will be ok. Please make sure your guests know they must be on board the ship by 12pm (noon) on 02/02/15 .

They will have to carry their luggage to the ship and will be checked in on board the ship as check in will have already ended and no porterage will be available.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.

Thank you,

Alexandra N Brown

Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises

and Azamara Club Cruises.

Lead Agent , Emergency Travel Team (formerly Guest Flight Operations)

Lead agent Choice Air.

Phone: 305-539-4107 (local & Int'l)

1800-256-6649 (USA)

Fax: 305-373-6695

E-mail: Airseagfo@rccl.com or Abrown@rccl.com

Edited by hamrag

I also arrived late in Istanbul. The check-in was fine with two exceptions:

- They wouldn't let the taxi drop us off very close to the pier and there was confusion as to just where to go.

- They didn't help one bit with our luggage including the gangway. A little assistance after travelling for 24 hours would have been very much appreciated.

For that cruise, we are boarding on 2nd Feb and below is the response our TA received from X (with some contact phone numbers, which may help you). Cannot see why your schedule could possibly be a problem, although you most likely will need to carry on your luggage!

Thank you for your letter on 05/12/14

Embarking in Singapore on 02/02/15 will be ok. Please make sure your guests know they must be on board the ship by 12pm (noon) on 02/02/15 .

They will have to carry their luggage to the ship and will be checked in on board the ship as check in will have already ended and no porterage will be available.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question.

Thank you,

Alexandra N Brown

Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises

and Azamara Club Cruises.

Lead Agent , Emergency Travel Team (formerly Guest Flight Operations)

Lead agent Choice Air.

Phone: 305-539-4107 (local & Int'l)

1800-256-6649 (USA)

Fax: 305-373-6695

E-mail: Airseagfo@rccl.com or Abrown@rccl.com

Thanks Hamrag! I really couldn't see it being a problem but was thrown by the strict wording on our travel docs.

not long to go now!