Stingray excursions

smileyjannie

Hell...I "interacted" with a stingray in the Chesapeake Bay as a kid! They are everywhere!

The "interaction" was not by choice, nor did I pay for it! The swam up and scared the bejessus out of me...all for free!

Edited by cb at sea

We absolutely loved our stingray encounter at the Stingray Sandbar in Grand Cayman.

I do have to add....we just returned from another excursion in Belize...Shark RAY alley. It was almost the same. It's also a sand bar in the middle of the ocean and not only are there rays, but the nurse sharks as well. Another amazing experience and very similar. :)

Grand Turk has Gibbs Cay for stingrays. The tour boat took us right up to the shore and we waded in and were practically overrun with the little buggers. These were supposedly "wild" stingrays, but they were about as wild as your average golden retriever after a large meal. They were extremely docile and would skitter over your feet, tickle your legs, and swim around you everywhere. Had to really watch where you were stepping, but totally worth it.

Gibbs Cay (Grand Turk) was very nice. The water was calm and clear and the stingrays come from the wild, just like they do at Grand Cayman. A very similar experience, except Gibbs Cay was much less crowded and had a beach to enjoy.