Playlist productions fan or foe???

Jana60

There's a separate thread in which people are debating the values of the current carnival shows called playlist productions. Carnival shows formerly had a live show band, four main singers and approximately 12 singer / dancers. With the 2.0 upgrades many of their ships changed to playlist productions which did away with the live show band and replaced the performers with 8 singer / dancers who perform in front as a video screen with video of more performers thus they changed to not only having canned music to even having canned performers. Many people including myself do not like this change however there were some you said they like the new playlist productions which by the way includes the new Hasbro the game show, sometimes twice on a seven day cruise . I realize it's not totally scientific but I'd like to get a little more accurate reading on what percentage of cruise critic members actually like or dislike playlist productions. Please quote this post, add your cruise critic stage name to the list that expresses your feelings, and post.

"I don't like playlist productions"

1. jana60

"I like playlist productions"

" I have no opinion about playlist productions"

Thanks for participating!

As an FYI, putting up a poll would have been easier. Also, I added a fourth option.

1. jana60, k2excursion

"I have no opinion about playlist productions"

"I don't go cruising to watch shows so it doesn't matter how good or bad they are"

1. Out To Sea!

As an FYI, putting up a poll would have been easier. Also, I added a fourth option.

1. jana60, k2excursion

"I have no opinion about playlist productions"

e"I don't go cruising to watch shows so it doesn't matter how good or bad thy are"

"I don't go cruising to watch shows so it doesn't matter how good or bad thy are"

1. Out To Sea!

2. cruizinisthebest

Edited by cruizinisthebest

"I don't go cruising to watch shows so it doesn't matter how good or bad thy are"

1. Out To Sea!

2. cruizinisthebest

My answer is similar to this but slightly different.

"I don't cruise Carnival for the shows. I cruise them for the value they give to me in other areas. Carnival is last on my list when it comes to entertainment. I am impressed when the the shows are better than good and not disappointed when they aren't good at all as I didn't expect them to be. I cruise other lines when I want and expect better entertainment."

I haven't personally sailed a ship with playlist productions yet....but I have had co-workers who have and they liked them. I'm sure there are going to be some I like and some I don't, just like anything else in life.

I certainly don't like 'em nearly as well as the old BIG CAST shows, but having said that, I've enjoyed them all except "DIVAS" which was truly BAD. :mad: I don't know who put that one together, but they certainly missed the mark.

"SKY"

Well, posting a thread about not liking Playlist Productions, does not really get to the root of the problem, we can like or not like many things that occur on ships.

Carnival can and has put together wonderful shows that use a LIVE band, still have amazing lighting effects, and quality dancers.

Once you put all the shows in to the playlist can, they all start to taste the same time after time.

Keep the LIVE bands because they are the ingredient that make the whole experience not like it came from a can.

Let Carnival know you you don't want canned food shows. But made with the music only a LIVE band can produce.

papadewey

DGP1111

I do happen to consider entertainment a significant part of my vacation cruise experience, and it does make a difference in whom I choose as a cruise provider.

I personally find the current Playlist Production concept to be laughably pathetic.

Carnival Cruise Lines burned some bridges in the past regarding what types of productions they were/are allowed to present onboard and it has come back to bite them big time.

Taking a poll of who on Cruise Critic likes or does not like a certain thing does not send a message to Carnival. I am just trying to build a awareness in forums, that Carnival needs to hear the voice of people who cruise on their ships, that want to keep the LIVE show bands.

If you don't go to the shows, then you need not contact Carnival. Please just understand its about keeping something they presently have, and not providing a lesser product for the same price.

papadewey

I like playlist productions, at least I did like the two that I saw on the Freedom in Nov.

Having read all the negative remarks about them here on CC, and how horrible they were supposed to be, I was not expecting much. So I was somewhat surprised to find that I enjoyed them. I did however also enjoy the previous style of show very much, and loved the live music that accompanied. But Playlist is nowhere close to as bad as I had expected.

DGP1111

I do happen to consider entertainment a significant part of my vacation cruise experience, and it does make a difference in whom I choose as a cruise provider.

I personally find the current Playlist Production concept to be laughably pathetic.

Carnival Cruise Lines burned some bridges in the past regarding what types of productions they were/are allowed to present onboard and it has come back to bite them big time.

Couldn't agree more.

Some Carnival marketing/entertainment folks who must be in the barely 20 y/o range got together and decided most people require constant visual distraction, don't care if music isn't that good if it goes by fast enough, like 3D glasses for a little excitement and love videos, even if they're silly or bad as long as they go fast for the constant input. Heck, they sit here and aren't texting so they NEED all this stimulation. Throw in some explosions, lasers and everyone will love it.

Except a lot of us don't! Give me the Vegas style shows with all the glitz and good music and dancing any day.

Let Carnival know you you don't want canned food shows. But made with the music only a LIVE band can produce.

papadewey

Not being a fan of playlist you would think I would agree with you completely. However, the musician/recording engineer in me can tell you aren't aware the "live" bands on the ships all use click tracks to enhance their sound. Do you really believe that so few musicians produce a wall of sound all on their own?

Wouldn't a poll have been more efficient to keep things clean, organized and have the ability to give you a more correct answer to the question you are seeking the opinions of? You are aware that you can turn off the privacy on a poll to see who voted for which selection,

I didn't know it was possible to do that. How do you make a poll?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Forums mobile app