Freedom didn't use terminal 1

Does anyone know why freedom docked at the old terminal Sunday?

I read that they still needed to do some work on the pier area, but after I read that, Quantum docked at CT1, so I don't know why Quantum could use it, but not Freedom.

Does anyone know why freedom docked at the old terminal Sunday?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

When Freedom comes back in on Jan 4, Explorer will be in port also.(Explorer left from terminal 1)

I am booked on the Freedom after dry dock, but the boarding pass says FOS will be docking at terminal 10. This seems weird to me, why would they build a new terminal and not use it? :confused:

They are using it... But for Explorer not Freedom. There are days when both multiple RC ships are in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by kruzerci

They are using it... But for Explorer not Freedom. There are days when both multiple RC ships are in port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, i would understand this if this was the case, but according to the Port Canaveral timetable, Freedom is the only RCCL ship in port that day...

Bz65N2ceHyocAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Captain Tor on the Freedom told us last week that he Freedom would start using terminal 1 after she completes her Drydock.
Will watch carefully when FR returns from Drydock as we sail on her on 2-22-2015. We can see the ships from our hotel so won't be surprised (may also call Port Authority).

Great attitude!! Did you join the roll call for this sailing? Only about 53 days. We should have s good idea of which terminal we will be using but I may call Port Authority a few days before and post what I find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that they still needed to do some work on the pier area, but after I read that, Quantum docked at CT1, so I don't know why Quantum could use it, but not Freedom.

Makes sense to use T1 for day trippers so they can walk over to Cove. No hurry to use for departure until it is 100%.

Seems to make sense for FOS to use it after drydock, that way no need to shuttle passengers back to T10 that first trip

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Interesting -- was that in your Cruise Documents? We don't sail until Feb. 22.

It's listed on the documents towards the bottom. I'm on Explorer which sails on Feb. 12th and my documents also say Terminal 10. I checked the schedule for Port Canaveral and Explorer is the only ship scheduled for that day. I'm sure they will update the information soon now that T1 is operational.

If two Royal ships are scheduled to depart from Port Canaveral on the same day, I'm sure the vessel with the larger passenger manifest will be assigned to T1.

It's listed on the documents towards the bottom. I'm on Explorer which sails on Feb. 12th and my documents also say Terminal 10. I checked the schedule for Port Canaveral and Explorer is the only ship scheduled for that day. I'm sure they will update the information soon now that T1 is operational.

If two Royal ships are scheduled to depart from Port Canaveral on the same day, I'm sure the vessel with the larger passenger manifest will be assigned to T1.

I will look as soon as we get our documents, which should be around 45 days -- sometime next week.

We are the only RCI ship on 2-22.

I would expect that you may get an email from RCI saying you are departing from Terminal 1. We were on the same itinerary as you and we departed from Terminal 10 and came back into Terminal 6. By February, Terminal 1 should be finished and I think RCI would strive to have ships depart and return to the same terminal.