Constellation Review - Dec 27 - 31, 2014

Host Anne

There was a recent change to the buffet on the Connie.

The starboard side where the pasta station used to be now has a carving station with three or four different meats available.

and the pasta station is now where the stir fry station was on the other side, and yes, they did away with the stir fry station.

Thanks for your review. We were on the Connie in early December, and really enjoyed two of the live bands, Persona and Ocean Dreams. They were really two of the better bands I have seen on a ship. Great musicians and wonderful vocalists in both bands. Persona was the "Party Band" while Ocean Dream was more of the jazz band. Hopefully they were still there when you took your trip.

Edited by DWhit

C

Breakfast here was fine. The fresh waffles are located back where the Panini station is during the day.

Ms. Anne,

Glad you found the waffles. We were on Azamara at Christmas/New Year's. A really nice cruise, but their waffles do not compare with Celebrity's. ;)

Thanks for posting. :)

Host Anne ~

Do you know where they had the Elite happy hour on your Constellation voyage? Last year, late January, it was in Michael's, but I've read that's for suites now.

Thanks!

The Elite happy hour was in Reflections lounge each evening from 5 - 7!

Sadly, Michael's is now reserved for Suite guests. We walked by often as our cabin was at the front of the ship and Michael's was empty 99% of the time. I think it was even more under utilized now than before. Such a pretty room!

Ms. Anne,

Glad you found the waffles. We were on Azamara at Christmas/New Year's. A really nice cruise, but their waffles do not compare with Celebrity's. ;)

Thanks for posting. :)

Hello, Texed! So good to "see" you! Good to know that Celebrity waffles are still the best! Best wishes for a Happy 2015 to you and Mrs. Texed!

Thanks for your review. We were on the Connie in early December, and really enjoyed two of the live bands, Persona and Ocean Dreams. They were really two of the better bands I have seen on a ship. Great musicians and wonderful vocalists in both bands. Persona was the "Party Band" while Ocean Dream was more of the jazz band. Hopefully they were still there when you took your trip.

Both bands were onboard and they were two of the best bands I've seen on ships. :)

Thanks for sharing your cruise memories with us. We appreciate all your information and suggestions. We've not been on the Celebrity M class and look forward to seeing the similarities and differences for ourselves.

The Constellation buffet area sure sounds less efficient, but we're on holiday and I'm not doing the cooking/cleanup so I will enjoy it regardless.

Does the a Constellation have any speciality restaurants with views to the outside? (The s class Tuscan Grill makes for a beautiful sunset sail away and we're looking for something similar)

OMG. We're getting on the Constellation next week for a B2B two shorter cruises - no lobster on formal night? I've been slapped in the face! That's disappointing. Oh well. I always say, if I don't have to cook it or clean it up, you can feed me peanut butter sandwiches and I'd be happy (well, not quite).

Does the a Constellation have any speciality restaurants with views to the outside? (The s class Tuscan Grill makes for a beautiful sunset sail away and we're looking for something similar)

Unfortunately, Constellation doesn't have specialty restaurants with quite the same ocean views the way Tuscan does on the S-class ships. Oceanliners does have some ocean view windows and that would be the closest. Tuscan on Constellation does have some seating around it's windows (it was previously a conservatory) but they face the open deck and jogging track. You can see the ocean but it's not like Tuscan on the S-class.

Both specialty restaurants on Constellation are very good, however.

ENJOY!

OMG. We're getting on the Constellation next week for a B2B two shorter cruises - no lobster on formal night? I've been slapped in the face! That's disappointing. Oh well. I always say, if I don't have to cook it or clean it up, you can feed me peanut butter sandwiches and I'd be happy (well, not quite).

You made me laugh. I'm actually not a huge lobster fan so it didn't bother me. But I know some people are. The lobster bisque in Tuscan Grille was perfect for me. ENJOY!

Hi Anne! Mark and I are on the Connie in a few weeks, and it was great to read your review. I hope it will work out that we can cruise with you all again someday!

I am SO sorry we missed you! Would have loved to sail with you again. Rebook when you are onboard and join us for the March 26th sailing as well :) Happy New Year to all of you!

Thank you for the great review of the "Connie". We will be sailing her for the first time in November for a 4 day cruise also. We do love Celebrity! This is a first for a 4 day cruise, we've always taken a 7 day.

I just have to mention that after taking a Mediterranean cruise a few years back, I find Americans are on the more polite side of passengers. I really couldn't believe the people on that cruise. There were many, many different nationalities (to the point that every...single....announcement was made 4 times in different languages). But some of the people, oh WOW! Rude, obviously didn't shower and had no concept of being part of a team here.

Not only did they cut in front of you while in line for ANYTHING (disembarking the ship, waiting for a taxi while in port, buffet line), but they also seemed to think they could sit anywhere they wanted. At one point, hubby and I were sitting at a table by the pool, watching some show (hairy men's leg contest? lol....can't remember what it was), when hubby left our table to go to the bar to get another drink and a man sat down in his chair. I was speechless but the man never even looked at me. Hubby walked up with his new drink and I really wondered how he'd handle this. He tapped the man on his shoulder and motioned "chair...mine". The man then motioned "wait" and turned back to the contest by the pool and sat and laughed at the show. He's lucky my husband didn't tip the chair over, lol. The man finally got up and left and never looked at us.

So after that 10 day cruise-from-hell, American cruises seem full of the nicest passengers anywhere lol.

Thank you for a great review. We are sailing aboard Constellation in April for the TA to Rome. This ship has a special place in my cruise heart because she was the first Celebrity ship I ever sailed on back in 2006. Since then we have done several crossings and Caribbean trips on her. Probably my favorite voyage ever was when we took her to Hamburg for her first Solstization(sp? I can never get that word properly spelled! LOL). Glad to know she is in good condition and the crew is a happy one. I feel your pain regarding the behavior of some of the passengers. It always irks me to see people literally bully the crew members. We have stepped in on a couple of occasions to stop harassment and have done as one poster suggested by going to guest relations to leave a note. The vast majority of crew members are kind, and work terribly hard to make our vacations for not a lot of money. They deserve our respect. Thank you again for a nice review!

Hi everyone ~ thanks for the kind comments. Just off of Silhouette yesterday and I hope to finish my review shortly where I'll make a few comparisons to our recent Constellation cruise. There are no bad cruises; some are just better than others. Had a great time on Silhouette but Constellation wins out for a happier, friendlier crew overall.... stay tuned!