Buy Anne Frank House tickets in advance

I guess I just did not expect the demand to be so great in late spring. I wonder if a tour might be a better option. Hate to waste precious port time waiting in line.

check viator for "beat the line" tours if booking directly yourself is not an option. The line is literally hours long.

I have been looking to buy tickets for April and started on Jan. 31 at 1300 (0000 in Amsterdam)and I have never seen a ticket available. On Trip advisor a lady from Amsterdam who has posted in a forum regarding the tickets stated that April went on sail at the first of Feb. I have been checking 3 times a day since Jan. 31 and have never seen an April ticket and she says I'm on the correct website! Looks like we'll have to get up early on the day we want to tour the house. I really can't justify paying the extremely high tour company prices for a 9E ticket

I actually did send them an email, to both ETIX who sells the tickets on line for the Anne Frank House Museum and to the museum itself. ETIX replied that they only post the available tickets when notified of them being available. I've never heard back from the museum. On the trip advisor forums many have said they saw the April tickets become available and either bought them or watched them sell out. Oh well, life goes on and since my wife really wants to visit the House I will continue looking in the morning, mid-day and at night for tickets and if unsuccessful I will try and convince her to go really early and join the dreaded queue.

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets up to 12 May are avavilable. Just bought mine. Was hoping to get ones with the 30 minute program but none available and I didn't want to risk missing out all together.

Tickets up to 12 May are avavilable. Just bought mine. Was hoping to get ones with the 30 minute program but none available and I didn't want to risk missing out all together.

Thanks for the update. I don't need tickets until July but I checked out what was available and it appeared only to be tickets in the morning. Where your tickets in the morning?

Thanks for the update. I don't need tickets until July but I checked out what was available and it appeared only to be tickets in the morning. Where your tickets in the morning?

Yes our tickets are for the morning. We wanted to do that first as our accommodation is near the museum and can then head off to see other sites. So much to see and so little time. 😀

I am going to be looking for July tickets.

How do the tickets with the 30 minute program appear on the site? I just tried testing on some May dates, but it looks like regular tickets.

thanks!

Michele

I am going to be looking for July tickets.

How do the tickets with the 30 minute program appear on the site? I just tried testing on some May dates, but it looks like regular tickets.

thanks!

Michele

The ticket booking will actually show the 30 minute program on the website portal (at least it did when we booked 2 years ago). It looks like none are currently available.

If you are unable to purchase tickets that include the introductory program, there are a variety of free apps that you can download to your smartphone - below are links to a few:

Anne Frank stories: http://www.annefrank.org/en/Museum/Mobile-devices/App-Anne-Frank-Stories/

Anne's Ansterdam: http://www.annefrank.org/en/Museum/Mobile-devices/App-Annes-Amsterdam/

I just read a travel blog of someone who has been to Amsterdam many times and they recommended the Jewish history museum and stated they felt it gave a better insight into Anne. I think I will try and visit both

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Years ago; when we went to see the Anne Frank House we bought the tickets ahead of time through Viator. It is very reliable on on line web site for all types of tours through out the world.

Why wouldn't you buy them direct from the Anne Frank museum (online)???? Why bought them and after seeing the 3hr line last Sept we sure we're glad we did!