Smart Check in

When doing the Smart check in for the Quantum and bringing your own photo should it be a passport size photo?

You don't "bring" it. You upload it on the website.

But using a passport-STYLE photo is best. Face forward, nothing in the background, no one else in the picture, no sunglasses, no hat.

Instructions pop up when you get to the photo stage of the online check in process. I signed in on my phone and was able to take the pictures directly, but you can also upload them from your computer too.

If they're wrong, they'll take a new picture right from their tablet at check-in. Negligible impact on check in time.

The longest part of the check in process was going through the health questions and the whole juggling our passports, set sail passes, and the tablet because the agents have no desks.

You don't "bring" it. You upload it on the website.

But using a passport-STYLE photo is best. Face forward, nothing in the background, no one else in the picture, no sunglasses, no hat.

I uploaded a picture but I previously printed out my sail pass .My board time on that was 11:30 .

After adding the photo there was a message that I had to reprint my pass and now it has the time as 12:15. Can I still board on the earlier time ?

I uploaded a picture but I previously printed out my sail pass .My board time on that was 11:30 .

After adding the photo there was a message that I had to reprint my pass and now it has the time as 12:15. Can I still board on the earlier time ?

Yes. The time isn't enforced. Board when you prefer.

Check and see if your printed set sail pass with the new time contains the same group id (like Group A). If so, that means they have moved back all boarding times for your sailing. That happened on our December 1 sailing. Our time was moved back one half hour but we were still in Group A. If that is the case, there is no reason to arrive early because you will likely just have to wait for boarding - we waited approximately 20 minutes.

Check and see if your printed set sail pass with the new time contains the same group id (like Group A). If so, that means they have moved back all boarding times for your sailing. That happened on our December 1 sailing. Our time was moved back one half hour but we were still in Group A. If that is the case, there is no reason to arrive early because you will likely just have to wait for boarding - we waited approximately 20 minutes.

It is the same group ID .However ,we are driving to the cruise port and snow is predicted.We ,therefore,are planning to leave earlier and if we have to wait to board that will be fine.

Thanks for the reply.:)