Pre cruise hotel/B&B Venice

bay guy

Going on b2b out of Venice in October and will fly in a couple of days early. Anyone have a good suggestions for a nice B&B or hotel on town?

Also any info,on getting from the city to the cruise dock area would be greatly appreciated.

Going on b2b out of Venice in October and will fly in a couple of days early. Anyone have a good suggestions for a nice B&B or hotel on town?

Also any info,on getting from the city to the cruise dock area would be greatly appreciated.

There is so much info on this board re both your questions that if you do some reading they will be answered quickly.

I can highly recommend Locanda Orseolo in Venice. We stayed there 3 years ago and will be staying there again in August.

Check out Trip Advisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187870-d256241-Reviews-Locanda_Orseolo-Venice_Veneto.html

Enjoy Venice, it is a special place!

Hotel Monte Carlo in Venice is a nice one. They arranged a water taxi to pick us up from the airport and they have their own private docking area. Not as expensive as you would imagine and worth a Google. Can recommend.

are you aware the logistical challenges of moving around with luggage in Venice?

I skip Venice itself and stay just over the causeway in Mestre for pre and post cruise stays. Only one train stop into Venice or an easy taxi or bus ride for sightseeing. I don't travel lightly, so be able to get a taxi from the airport to the hotel door and from there straight into the cruise terminal drop off luggage area without having to lug cases over bridges and faff around with vaporetto or the high cost of water taxis, makes it so much more practical.

Hotel Locanda Salieri near Piazzale de Roma . Easy access to main cruise terminal, San Basilio piers and St Lucia railway station . Great quiet canal side location, good in house trattoria and other eateries nearby . A few minutes walk to the Grand Canal and Vaporettos and Piazzale de Roma .

Book on line direct via hotel website to avoid paying middleman commissions.

I agree with the others, do a little research. HOWEVER, I can let you know what I'm doing for our upcoming Venice trip.

Based on my research/wants/desires, I picked Locanda al Corte based on the following:

• Location (near sites but not in high traffic area)
  • Smallish/personalized hotel
  • Private dock
  • Had triple rooms
  • Free breakfast/wifi
  • Had courtyard for outdoor breakfast/wine drinking
  • Affordable (less than 500 E for 3 nights for 3 of us)- booked directly with hotel for best rate!

I have arranged a private water taxi from the airport and it'll take us directly to the hotel's dock! For us 3 plus my in laws (who are elderly), it'll cost 100 Euros. Will arrange transport to the cruise ship as well most likely.

Edited by leighuf

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with the others, do a little research. HOWEVER, I can let you know what I'm doing for our upcoming Venice trip.

Based on my research/wants/desires, I picked Locanda al Corte based on the following:

• Location (near sites but not in high traffic area)
  • Smallish/personalized hotel
  • Private dock
  • Had triple rooms
  • Free breakfast/wifi
  • Had courtyard for outdoor breakfast/wine drinking
  • Affordable (less than 500 E for 3 nights for 3 of us)- booked directly with hotel for best rate!

I have arranged a private water taxi from the airport and it'll take us directly to the hotel's dock! For us 3 plus my in laws (who are elderly), it'll cost 100 Euros. Will arrange transport to the cruise ship as well most likely.

This sounds like what I'm looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a wonderful stay at the Santa Chiara hotel right in piazelle Roma. The airport let us off and we just walked across the lot and we were there. No bridges to maneuver. It's quaint Italian charm. Great morning breakfast to get us started. We're hoping to return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since the OP specifically asked for B&B type places we will skip most hotel recommendations. However, there is a very small hotel (more like an Inn) located right in the Piazale Roma called Ca Doge. Like B&Bs it has no elevators and does serve a decent breakfast. Since this small hotel is located right in the Piazale Roma, one can just take the inexpensive ATVO bus (runs every 20 minutes) from the airport and roll their luggage right to the hotel door without any bridges or long hikes. Ca Doge is also located only a few yards from the People Mover station so its easy (and costs less then 2 Euros) to roll your luggage onto the People Mover which takes you over to the port.

Hank