Just Boarded the Zuiderdam

Corgi Girl

Boarding began at 11:30 and we were on about 15 minutes later. The ship looks great. Had a small glitch with a shore excursion that was resolved professionally and courteously (and quickly, too).

Staff so far are outstanding. The Lido was too busy, so we went to Dive In and had a good meal with no crowds.

We used VIP luggage. They picked up our bags at Fort Lauderdale yesterday and delivered them today. They emailed us every step of the way (when bags were picked up; when they were en route to ship; and when they were delivered to the ship).

So happy to finally be aboard. I hope to write more later.

Hello,

Sail away was wonderful. So many people on shore and in boats waving to us. Scrap Nana and fm6175, thanks for the lovely send-off!

ger_77, I promise to take very good care of the ship for you. She is in great shape.

Himself, I can't remember who the Captain is off the top of my head, but will let you know.

Dinner on the first night was good. We went to listen to the B. B. King group afterwards. They played a lot of R&B from the '70's, which I thoroughly enjoyed. People were dancing. Great group!

The seas have been choppy. We woke up to the sound of one of our glasses flying off the shelf and onto the desk below. Glass went everywhere. Housekeeping was awesome. They came right away and vacuumed. Needless to say, we were awake for the day.

Half Moon Cay was beautiful, as always. Weather was perfect. Maasdam was also there for the day. The beach started to get very crowded after 10:00 or so. People kept arriving until well after.noontime.

Today is an at sea day and our first Formal night. Checked out the dinner menu. They are serving Surf and Turf, but the surf is prawns. Hoping for lobster tails on the last formal night.

Take care everyone. Wish you were here...

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. I am trying to match the dinner menus that I downloaded from another member. Could you tell me 1 entrée that was on the dinner menu for day 2 when you were at half moon cay? Again thanks so much we will be boarding in February. Have lots of fun.

Thank you so much. All your information is really helping in my advance planning. It is so nice of you to take the time to answer questions and include us in on your vacation. Are they offering unlimited internet? If so how much is it? Thank you