How do you find how many cabins are booked?

clcmdse

I have learned so much from this site and am hoping to learn more! Posters report being able to search the Oceania website to determine how many cabins have been sold in a particular category. (At least I think that is what they are reporting.) I have looked through Oceania's website, but I must be missing a link somewhere. Can someone explain how to do that?

Many thanks.

Catherine

I have learned so much from this site and am hoping to learn more! Posters report being able to search the Oceania website to determine how many cabins have been sold in a particular category. (At least I think that is what they are reporting.) I have looked through Oceania's website, but I must be missing a link somewhere. Can someone explain how to do that?

Many thanks.

Catherine

Cabin availability shows during the "Book A Cruise" process. After the passenger has selected a specific cabin Category, a screen appears showing ten or so "available" cabins at a time.

This is an example of that screen, showing Oceania Suites which are available for a Caribbean Cruise in early 2016:

b_174006.jpg

Thank you so much for the quick response! And with a pic, no less. That is the best. :p

I realize I never have clicked "book a cruise" because my TA does the booking. I research the Oceania cruises and then tell her which itinerary and date I would like. Can I assume that I can follow through with the process long enough to see the rooms available without actually booking?

Catherine

You can but it may not show all the available cabins there is usually a default number it will show usually 7 or 9

there could be 50 still open you the booking site may only show you 7

Can I assume that I can follow through with the process long enough to see the rooms available without actually booking?

You will be able to see the first ten or so available cabins for whatever category you have chosen, and then end the inquiry before committing to buy, but the process is fairly labor intensive as you won't be able to get to that screen without first inputting all of the passenger details first.

It is also true that as ship fills up and the sailing date draws nearer, the cabin availability screens sometimes disappear altogether and are replaced by a screen suggesting that the passenger call Oceania.

The revenue bean-counters really do not want you to see the total picture of unsold cabins for any voyage. With that information, you have an advantage on when to book and lock in your fare. Not much different than how top tier hotels and resorts operate.

If you were Oceania's captain of the day, would you readily share this information?

I used to see 7 cabins which told me that there were more available. However, about a month ago, I was checking and a whole lot of cabins showed. Thought it might a temporary glitch in their system but I'm still able to see a lot of cabins available.

ecb43118cc0d965413a734a137ee26f5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please don't forget that the real answer to your question starts with defining the term "booked". I have seen many sailing fill up rather quickly, when first released, but then come pay day a lot of those reserved cabins are not booked.

If one is late in the process of looking at potential cruises, the best time to consider a cruise then is after the final date that payment becomes due. Even my TA complains about the number of people that reserve up to 5 cruises per year, and then as payment becomes due, may only book two of them. O's, and some of the other cruise lines, very liberal cancellation policy, combined with low refundable down payments, encourages these actions. :mad:

You can also check websites of several online travel agencies that will also show you what is available. I have also been told that the cruise line keeps some of the better cabins for their own sales people so the listing may not be inclusive of all available cabins.

Please don't forget that the real answer to your question starts with defining the term "booked". I have seen many sailing fill up rather quickly, when first released, but then come pay day a lot of those reserved cabins are not booked.

If one is late in the process of looking at potential cruises, the best time to consider a cruise then is after the final date that payment becomes due. Even my TA complains about the number of people that reserve up to 5 cruises per year, and then as payment becomes due, may only book two of them. O's, and some of the other cruise lines, very liberal cancellation policy, combined with low refundable down payments, encourages these actions. :mad:

This comment and most on this thread only apply to USA. The UK site does not show available cabins and the cancellation policy is far from liberal. That's as may be - very excited to be in Miami waiting to board Riviera tomorrow!

Recently, I've also seen more than 7. However, if it shows exactly 7, there may be more. One way to find out, which is extremely labor intensive, is to input additional cabins, one at a time, to see if it's available. I only use this if I'm looking for a specific cabin. Back in the day when it showed only 7, the lower numbered cabins were first. If you wanted a higher number, such as 7135 (a highly desirable cabin), you punched it in and tried it.

One other complication -- if you are already booked on a cruise and just want to see what's still available, it won't let you do it (or, at least that's the way it was a year or more ago). Therefore, many of us use a dummy identity. The "dummy" has to have a different email address. I have used my son and my daughter; now they wonder why they're getting so many brochures in the mail...

One other complication -- if you are already booked on a cruise and just want to see what's still available, it won't let you do it (or, at least that's the way it was a year or more ago). Therefore, many of us use a dummy identity. The "dummy" has to have a different email address. I have used my son and my daughter; now they wonder why they're getting so many brochures in the mail...

I think that may have changed because I have been checking the cruise I'm booked on and doing it by logging in with my name and email they have on file.

CJ