Lunch buffet extravaganza is no brunch

Wj420

The last sea day in the oceanview cafe. Chocolate fountains, cotton candy, one or two ice fountains and the normal buffet lunch with many more people and crowds. Be advised!!

The brunch is still missed. This is no substitute but we can appreciate how much time the brunch set up alone took.

No surprise this topic was discussed a year ago. I still don't understand the cotton candy. If I wanted carnival food I would book a cruise with Carnival. Although they probably haven't stooped that low yet.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Cotton candy happens to a chic dessert item at some of the finest restaurants. Perhaps Celebrity is just trying to be trendy.

But certainly no one is forcing it down your throat. If you like, it try it, if not ,pass. I'm sure it is a delight to many,some of which are the youngsters who just might prefer it to snails.

Edited by drfun48

I for one , don't miss the grand buffet. It wasn't all that grand. The best part about it was that it thinned out the crowd at Oceanview cafe.

The new outdoor BBQ lunch is much better...

What ship? What date/night?

I also wonder what outdoor BBQ lunch?:confused::eek: Maybe it is only on

longer cruises. I was on Reflection in November for just a regular 7

nighter:cool:......there was no outdoor BBQ lunch.

Cotton candy happens to a chic dessert item at some of the finest restaurants. Perhaps Celebrity is just trying to be trendy.

But certainly no one is forcing it down your throat. If you like, it try it, if not ,pass. I'm sure it is a delight to many,some of which are the youngsters who just might prefer it to snails.

Only a victim of a marketing ploy would believe a cheap carnival confection was chic. What's next corn dogs and funnel cake being served on formal night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won't miss the Grand Buffet. It was always a lot of work to set up and a lot of effort to navigate to get a plate of food. We love X but alternatively,we don't equate cotton candy and such with 'Modern Luxury' either.

Somebody is getting paid. Come on now!!

The last sea day in the oceanview cafe. Chocolate fountains, cotton candy, one or two ice fountains and the normal buffet lunch with many more people and crowds. Be advised!!

The brunch is still missed. This is no substitute but we can appreciate how much time the brunch set up alone took.

Having a catering company, we got a kick at how poorly the brunch was served. Yes, the food was nice, but the "flow" was terrible.

We happen to like Cotton Candy and yea, it is in a lot of high end restaurants now. But that really doesn't matter, no one is making a anyone else eat it.

I am amazed at what people complain about. First world problems for sure.

Duane

PS Fresh Funnel Cake would be cool too. Bet there'd be a line a mile long:)

We happen to like Cotton Candy and yea, it is in a lot of high end restaurants now. But that really doesn't matter, no one is making a anyone else eat it.

I am amazed at what people complain about. First world problems for sure.

Duane

PS Fresh Funnel Cake would be cool too. Bet there'd be a line a mile long:)

You couldn't be more correct. There's nothing wrong with eating what you like. Let the food snobs be served notice.

Personally I find even the finest caviar tastes like licking the dock,but I don't mind it being available if other enjoy it. To each his own.

You couldn't be more correct. There's nothing wrong with eating what you like. Let the food snobs be served notice.

Personally I find even the finest caviar tastes like licking the dock,but I don't mind it being available if other enjoy it. To each his own.

As you do with Caviar, I find the same with beer! One tastes as bad as the next to me.Wine, well that I can appreciate.

We did not even get cotton candy on Equinox LOL .

Now I know what it was.:D:D

I thought it was just to make a good impression on last day with desserts . Rest of the food was same as all days before . And no cotton candy even for us:rolleyes:))

Only a victim of a marketing ploy would believe a cheap carnival confection was chic. What's next corn dogs and funnel cake being served on formal night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's wrong with funnel cake ? :cool: :rolleyes: I would love to have funnel cake instead BakedAlaska.

Cotton Candy...not just for fairs! Welcome to the Four Seasons! Here is a snippet of an article on the subject:

While more chefs are experimenting with the colorful confection, New York’s acclaimed Four Seasons Restaurant has been offering cotton candy since the late 1970s. Even though it’s not on their menu, it has become a signature dish that restaurant-goers make a point to request.

I miss the buffet but understand the considerable cost and waste of food. I do think however there are to many cutbacks and the oceanview buffet addition isn't impressive. I don't think the chocolate on the pillows is a huge expense and it is a nice touch. Also cutting out the flowers for aqua class as it was advertised is unacceptable as well. I hope there aren't any more cutbacks. These were only a few things that made you feel you are on a really special cruise.

True. There are some really WILD flavors out there. Most are used to that standard "carnival" flavor. Try one with a strong citrus flavor(like a really strong lemon square)It's really quite a surprise that one doesn't expect!