C&A balcony discounts on currently booked cruises

Sorry if this is a bit long winded but I will do my best to explain our situation.

We have 3 legs of the Quantum repo cruise to Shanghai in May already booked and paid in full.

At present we are only gold level C&A status but there is a possibility that we may cruise on Rhapsody in a JS in a few weeks as there is a great price on offer in Australian $$ at the moment.

This 11 day cruise in a JS will give us an extra 22 points and take our tally to 29.

After the Barcelona-Dubai leg of the Quantum repo which is 16 days our tally will be 45pts making us Platinum and then we will become Emerald on 59 pts after the Dubai-Singapore 14 day leg.

My question is.

Will/can we get a balcony discount for the Dubai-Singapore leg once we turn Platinum and then a further discount for Singapore-Shanghai once we get to Emerald?

Can we request the changes to be made once we achieve the status on board?

Or do the discounts only apply if you have attained that level before you book?

Our Loyalty Ambassador on Serenade really excelled. We turned Emerald after that trip and without calling or lifting a finger, within a month after our trip the Platinum C&A discount was revised to Emerald, no reprice.

I believe that the repricing policy started in March of 2014. Still a great job by the LA as you usually had to call yourself to get the increased discount.

Edited by Ourusualbeach