Carnival took our box wine but not our...

ggg196078

I would suggest bringing 1 bottle of wine (750ml) per person in your carryon. that is what you should do on your upcoming cruise in my opinion

I agree! Breaking the rules makes everyone wait longer in the lines.

I don't have to break their rules, or pay their prices. I am not much of a drinker, so I will be bringing my own 12 packs of soft drinks. But perhaps if their prices were a little more reasonable, they would sell more and wouldn't have people that felt they needed to sneak it aboard.

There will always be people trying to do it. We go to big 4 day concert every summer. Beverages are reasonable. Drink tickets are $3.50 for beer and $4 for a mixer. We all wait in lines while they search bags and get held up by the cheapskates trying to smuggle in booze.

We take our bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda on our cruise each. I would never smuggle on booze and I do like to drink.

Edited by grumplin

I always get a good laugh about people that smuggle booze on board because, "we/I think the prices are too high on board...".

I can't imagine going to my favorite roof top restaurant in NYC that has the most amazing views and trying to sneak in my own food because their prices are too high.

I would have no problem with people breaking the rule and admitting that 1) they are cheap or 2) they get a thrill out of breaking the rules. I do not think "I can not afford to buy on board drinks" is a valid third option because maybe you should reassessing whether or not you picked the right vacation.

I personally believe 1 bottle of wine or champagne is a great compromise and reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just going to say the same thing.

I never understand why people complain about a business trying to make money. If a cruise and additional costs are too expensive for your budget, look into a different type vacation.

I didn't post anything that said I broke any rules. My problem is that too many folks are worried about what everyone else is doing. That is except when manners and kindness come into play, then all of a sudden they care only about themselves. Seems to be a common pattern these days.

I wonder why people post things like smuggling and then think people are nosey or whatever if they comment.

you just posted it on a public forum. what did you expect? People cheering for you and throwing you a party. everyone has an opinion and if you open yourself up on a public forum about breaking the rules, expect to get negative responses. Personally if I am going to do something against the rules, the last place I would mention it is on a public forum.

I don't think people are rude or nosey or that they think they are better. they just saw something that someone posted that they disagreed with and wanted to share their opinion

(I really love the smuggling or smoking on the balcony threads that tell everyone not to post if they disagree... that makes me laugh)

If you don't want both sides to comment on your rule breaking... don't post. its really simple. if you do post about rule breaking, the least you should expect is comments from both sides of the fence.

Edited by tkportersat

I often wonder the same thing....I think it is because people are (A) Nosey and (B) think they are better than everyone else. These are the same people that get all worked up because people aren't dressed to the Nines in the dining room and let it affect their vacation. Social Media has made people think that they can do/say whatever they want to anyone at any time. These perfect folks that protest about smuggling liquor are probably the same people that have no problem cutting in front of me while I'm waiting for an elevator.

Great job.......wonderful assumptions with no basis or proof. That would be like me stating that those who complain about people breaking a rule and smoking on their balcony are probably the same people that broke a different rule and smuggled alcohol. :cool:

BTW, in the US, people DO have the right to say anything they want. Granted, there may be consequences for what one says but they do have the right to say it. Sorry if you disagree with that.

Edited by Out to sea!

I wonder why people post things like smuggling and then think people are nosey or whatever if they comment.

you just posted it on a public forum. what did you expect? People cheering for you and throwing you a party. everyone has an opinion and if you open yourself up on a public forum about breaking the rules, expect to get negative responses. Personally if I am going to do something against the rules, the last place I would mention it is on a public forum.

I don't think people are rude or nosey or that they think they are better. they just saw something that someone posted that they disagreed with and wanted to share their opinion

(I really love the smuggling or smoking on the balcony threads that tell everyone not to post if they disagree... that makes me laugh)

If you don't want both sides to comment on your rule breaking... don't post. its really simple. if you do post about rule breaking, the least you should expect is comments from both sides of the fence.

Hallelujah and Amen! :)

Is that because you smuggle???

We don't smuggle but with the bottle of wine my sister and I are each allowed to bring onboard, the pre-paid gratuities, and pre-purchasing the unlimited soda card we also find ourselves with a zero balance from time to time.

Not that it matters but our age ranges in the mid to high 60s.

I didn't post anything that said I broke any rules. My problem is that too many folks are worried about what everyone else is doing. That is except when manners and kindness come into play, then all of a sudden they care only about themselves. Seems to be a common pattern these days.

I didn't quote you or mention you so its strange that you are replying to me as if I did...

My problem is that too many folks are worried about what everyone else is doing

no one is 'worried' about what everyone else is doing. If you post something that is breaking the rules, you should expect people from both sides giving their opinion. this is a forum. that's what a forum is about. sharing information and opinions.

If your problem is that too many folks are worried about what everyone else is doing, then I suggest you mention to them not to post on a public forum where they are telling everyone they are breaking the rules.

Edited by hftmrock

Well, I have a brain and most of the words used in your post were from mine.

I didn't quote you or mention you so its strange that you are replying to me as if I did...

no one is 'worried' about what everyone else is doing. If you post something that is breaking the rules, you should expect people from both sides giving their opinion. this is a forum. that's what a forum is about. sharing information and opinions.

If your problem is that too many folks are worried about what everyone else is doing, then I suggest you mention to them not to post on a public forum where they are telling everyone they are breaking the rules.

Thanks, I am pretty sure I'm on the right track.

Great job.......wonderful assumptions with no basis or proof. That would be like me stating that those who complain about people breaking a rule and smoking on their balcony are probably the same people that broke a different rule and smuggled alcohol. :cool:

BTW, in the US, people DO have the right to say anything they want. Granted, there may be consequences for what one says but they do have the right to say it. Sorry if you disagree with that.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. The one's that doth protest too much are actually the folks I worry about. Just my own personal experience.

haha!!! That's funny since you have absolutely no clue. More likely it's those smugglers cutting in front of you since they have already shown disregard for following other rules.

FYI, I've been on many Carnival cruises and this is the first. There's a first for everything. I usually pack a box of wine(Merlot) and some rum(in my rum runners). There was a note in my suit case saying I could get my box of wine back on the last day of cruise(which I did). But they didn't take the rum runners right next to it. Asked about(wine) at guest services. they said you are allowed 1 bottle of wine on board,,, they considered my box wine a little more than one bottle.I just wanted to let all know of our experience. Happy cruising.

It's a crapshoot, and you lost. Most win. We have had 100% success rate with all our alcohol, and it has affected not one other person on board.

It's a crapshoot, and you lost. Most win. We have had 100% success rate with all our alcohol, and it has affected not one other person on board.
What Out to Sea was implying was that your 100% success rate at smuggling would be detrimental to the gratuities earned by the bartenders on board.

What Out to Sea was implying was that your 100% success rate at smuggling would be detrimental to the gratuities earned by the bartenders on board.

That's like saying if I don't go to a restaurant, that will be detrimental to those waiters.

They're not doing any work for me, so there's no comparison.

That's like saying if I don't go to a restaurant, that will be detrimental to those waiters.

They're not doing any work for me, so there's no comparison.

The comparison comes into play if you did not smuggle and you wanted an alcoholic drink on board. At that point you would have to go to a bar and the aforementioned bartender would get their gratuity.

The comparison comes into play if you did not smuggle and you wanted an alcoholic drink on board. At that point you would have to go to a bar and the aforementioned bartender would get their gratuity.

Again, same logic if I want to go out to eat. Therefore, no work, no tip.

The waiters in the steakhouse aren't waiting for me either. If I go, they get a tip. If I don't, they don't perform a service for me, and therefore aren't tipped.

Edited by SeaGoingDAD

I could care less if people try to sneak booze in anywhere - as long as they don't throw a stink fit and disrupt other's worlds should they get caught.

And I would shocked to discover that those who sneak alcohol on still don't purchase from the bars. Refilling in your room for each drink can be a bit of a hike depending upon where you are and/or require missing part of a show, activity, meal, etc.

For those who don't drink - appreciate those that do. Otherwise I would easily see cruise prices quadrupling overnight if they suddenly went booze free.

Hear, hear!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Karlou

I always get a good laugh about people that smuggle booze on board because, "we/I think the prices are too high on board...".

I can't imagine going to my favorite roof top restaurant in NYC that has the most amazing views and trying to sneak in my own food because their prices are too high.

I would have no problem with people breaking the rule and admitting that 1) they are cheap or 2) they get a thrill out of breaking the rules. I do not think "I can not afford to buy on board drinks" is a valid third option because maybe you should reassessing whether or not you picked the right vacation.

I personally believe 1 bottle of wine or champagne is a great compromise and reasonable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always get a good laugh about people's reasons for being so worked up about why someone would smuggle.

Again, same logic if I want to go out to eat. Therefore, no work, no tip.

The waiters in the steakhouse aren't waiting for me either. If I go, they get a tip. If I don't, they don't perform a service for me, and therefore aren't tipped.

Whether or not you eat in the steakhouse has no bearing on this discussion. If you did not smuggle alcohol and you wanted an alcoholic drink on board , you would have to be served by a bartender. If you decided to not drink on your cruise, then it would not effect the earnings of the bartenders. But you are drinking on board and by smuggling you're taking money from their pockets.