Carnival took our box wine but not our...

ggg196078

Whether or not you eat in the steakhouse has no bearing on this discussion. If you did not smuggle alcohol and you wanted an alcoholic drink on board , you would have to be served by a bartender. If you decided to not drink on your cruise, then it would not effect the earnings of the bartenders. But you are drinking on board and by smuggling you're taking money from their pockets.

Watch, next the poster will claim that even in that scenario they wouldn't affect the bartenders because they remove the tip anyway. ;)

Watch, next the poster will claim that even in that scenario they wouldn't affect the bartenders because they remove the tip anyway. ;)

That does not affect the scenario because you cannot remove the auto tips from drinks.

I don't drink so none of it matters to me. If they get by with it good. for them. They have to live with it.

Bartender? :rolleyes:

When was your last cruise?

We got caught the for the first time last year on the Freedom.........Now we just try and cruise Celebrity on the cruises where they throw in the drink package.........the saving are well worth it........we were looking for a long weekend getaway and had to chose a the Victory next month.......I expect to get caught again......I was going to buy the bottle for the room until I saw the prices......If I dont get it on this will be our last on Carnival......

Edited by going2cruz

That does not affect the scenario because you cannot remove the auto tips from drinks.

I don't drink so none of it matters to me. If they get by with it good. for them. They have to live with it.

According to some posts read here, you CAN remove the auto drink tips. I wouldn't know personally but several here have shared that info.

When was your last cruise?

We got caught the for the first time last year on the Freedom.........Now we just try and cruise Celebrity on the cruises where they throw in the drink package.........the saving are well worth it........we were looking for a long weekend getaway and had to chose a the Victory next month.......I expect to get caught again......I was going to buy the bottle for the room until I saw the prices......If I dont get it on this will be our last on Carnival......

As you can see by my tag line, about 45 days ago, next one coming up in 60 days. Haven't tried Celebrity myself yet but I can guarantee you they don't throw in the drink package on an inside cabin. Balcony or suite, probably, inside no way. Hoping you get caught so you'll stop breaking Carnival rules. Have a great/dry cruise!

Good golly, another booze smuggling thread. Anything changed since the last one?:rolleyes:

Here's a new twist why don't we all bash those non-drinking, non-gambling, non spa spending penny pinchers out there who hardly spend a dime on the Ship. They are the ones affecting everybody else on-board! :mad: Do you know how much booze I have to buy to generate enough tips for the crew and profit for Carnival to make up for those cheapskates! :eek:

Discuss.;)

Edited by DirtyDawg

Good golly, another booze smuggling thread. Anything changed since the last one?:rolleyes:

Here's a new twist why don't we all bash those non-drinking, non-gambling, non spa spending penny pinchers out there who hardly spend a dime on the Ship. They are the ones affecting everybody else on-board! :mad: Do you know how much booze I have to buy to generate enough tips for the crew and profit for Carnival to make up for those cheapskates! :eek:

Discuss.;)

The only problem is those you listed aren't breaking any rules. But you can still attempt to bash me if you want, I'm up for the challenge. :D

Discuss.;)

Pretty soon Carnival will review the history of those people and pay for them to go on a competitor.:):)

The only problem is those you listed aren't breaking any rules. But you can still attempt to bash me if you want, I'm up for the challenge. :D

:) The only thing I'm bashing here is my LIVER!

The darn thing has written my out of it's will.:(

And I didn't even mention the back and chest waxings I've had do endure for my fellow man and shareholders! So start spending all you cheapies or I'll have to do the bikini too!:eek::eek:

As you can see by my tag line, about 45 days ago, next one coming up in 60 days. Haven't tried Celebrity myself yet but I can guarantee you they don't throw in the drink package on an inside cabin. Balcony or suite, probably, inside no way. Hoping you get caught so you'll stop breaking Carnival rules. Have a great/dry cruise!

On the one we have booked for the fall we did have to do ocean view for a little more but still hundreds cheaper than CC with a drink package. Last spring we did Connie and after a price drop and upgrade to Balcony we went for 389 each with drink package prepaid gratuities and onboard credit it was only five nights but it was a deal.

Hold the presses someone complained to JH about alcohol smuggling based on this thread. Who would have thought that could happen:rolleyes:

BTW he claims the vast majority of smugglers are caught. Wonder if that is true?

Of course it's true. I believe everything I read on Al Gore's Internet .;)

BTW Santa was very good to me this Christmas. Must have been a good boy last year. (Or the old boy's been drinking that smuggled booze Carnival is catching!:D)

Of course it's true. I believe everything I read on Al Gore's Internet .;)

BTW Santa was very good to me this Christmas. Must have been a good boy last year. (Or the old boy's been drinking that smuggled booze Carnival is catching!:D)

So in other words you dont think that Carnival's booze catching system is brilliant.:):)

So start spending all you cheapies or I'll have to do the bikini too!:eek::eek:
That mental picture will cause me to consume at least 100 drinks over my 8 days on the Freedom in a few weeks. That's possible since I have 120 with Cheers. :D

That mental picture will cause me to consume at least 100 drinks over my 8 days on the Freedom in a few weeks. That's possible since I have 120 with Cheers. :D

And you will be contributing to the welfare of the crew and the shareholders! Bravo!:D

So in other words you dont think that Carnival's booze catching system is brilliant.:):)

As brilliant as the player development system of the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey club.:(

(Pssst... they haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1967. And they go through coaches like Elizabeth Taylor went through husbands.:eek:)

Hold the presses someone complained to JH about alcohol smuggling based on this thread. Who would have thought that could happen:rolleyes:

BTW he claims the vast majority of smugglers are caught. Wonder if that is true?

He has no way of knowing if the majority are caught. does he poll the people afterwards and ask them if they were successful in smuggling the alcohol on board.

He 'might' know how much is caught. he has no way of knowing how much isn't caught (or else they would be caught )

That's NOT true. You can adjust the 15% anyway you like. The tip is 100% in your control.

Not in my circles. Some are extremely creative in how they get it on, or amazingly how some "keep" it on. :) I was just reading that thread and there are some claiming success, which is pretty silly to post under your own real name. :rolleyes:

He has no way of knowing if the majority are caught. does he poll the people afterwards and ask them if they were successful in smuggling the alcohol on board.

He 'might' know how much is caught. he has no way of knowing how much isn't caught (or else they would be caught )

LOL. Exactly. It like law enforcement try to tell you how many speeders they did not catch.