Carnival took our box wine but not our...

ggg196078

FYI, I've been on many Carnival cruises and this is the first. There's a first for everything. I usually pack a box of wine(Merlot) and some rum(in my rum runners). There was a note in my suit case saying I could get my box of wine back on the last day of cruise(which I did). But they didn't take the rum runners right next to it. Asked about(wine) at guest services. they said you are allowed 1 bottle of wine on board,,, they considered my box wine a little more than one bottle.I just wanted to let all know of our experience. Happy cruising.

FYI, I've been on many Carnival cruises and this is the first. There's a first for everything. I usually pack a box of wine(Merlot) and some rum(in my rum runners). There was a note in my suit case saying I could get my box of wine back on the last day of cruise(which I did). But they didn't take the rum runners right next to it. Asked about(wine) at guest services. they said you are allowed 1 bottle of wine on board,,, they considered my box wine a little more than one bottle.I just wanted to let all know of our experience. Happy cruising.

You are only allowed a 750ml bottle. A box is probably more than that. You can't take a 1.5 liter either.

For years go away with hiding a box in oursuitcase but last time we tried it we got caught. Thinking of what to do on our upcoming cruise.

I would suggest bringing 1 bottle of wine (750ml) per person in your carryon. that is what you should do on your upcoming cruise in my opinion

you are also not allowed to put your wine in your suitcases. you are only allowed to take it in your carryon

This. I honestly wish Carnival would confiscate all beverages placed in checked luggage.

I would suggest bringing 1 bottle of wine (750ml) per person in your carryon. that is what you should do on your upcoming cruise in my opinion

Yep. Follow the rules and you'll have no problem. 1 750 ml bottle per person in your carryon is what's allowed.

This. I honestly wish Carnival would confiscate all beverages placed in checked luggage.

I'd like to see them go further than that. Post a warning that people who are caught smuggling alcohol will be denied boarding, enforce that penalty a few times, and the entire issue goes away. After all, who would be foolish enough to risk losing their cruise just to save money by attempting to smuggle liquor on board?

I'd like to see them go further than that. Post a warning that people who are caught smuggling alcohol will be denied boarding, enforce that penalty a few times, and the entire issue goes away. After all, who would be foolish enough to risk losing their cruise just to save money by attempting to smuggle liquor on board?

Because God knows, their alcohol is sooo reasonably priced.

dont like their prices, dont cruise with them. You do have a choice besides breaking their rules

I don't have to break their rules, or pay their prices. I am not much of a drinker, so I will be bringing my own 12 packs of soft drinks. But perhaps if their prices were a little more reasonable, they would sell more and wouldn't have people that felt they needed to sneak it aboard.

I don't have to break their rules, or pay their prices. I am not much of a drinker, so I will be bringing my own 12 packs of soft drinks. But perhaps if their prices were a little more reasonable, they would sell more and wouldn't have people that felt they needed to sneak it aboard.

sorry then... just thought you did since you decided to make a comment about the prices. since you dont drink that much, the price doesnt affect you so why comment? I certainly dont comment about the prices of lamborghini's because I dont intend to buy one even if it is way too expensive

Because God knows, their alcohol is sooo reasonably priced.

Out of curiosity, why would someone that has a total of 16 posts on CC, have 6 of them posted on two different alcohol related threads when you obviously do not drink.

By the way, enjoy your first cruise next week. You do realize that it's a 4 day cruise that many people got 100 rates on and it'll be a booze cruise with lots of drinking.

Out of curiosity, why would someone that has a total of 16 posts on CC, have 6 of them posted on two different alcohol related threads when you obviously do not drink.

By the way, enjoy your first cruise next week. You do realize that it's a 4 day cruise that many people got 100 rates on and it'll be a booze cruise with lots of drinking.

In all honesty, I have been reading a lot of posts on here that may not concern me directly. I may never cruise the Mediterranean or take an Alaskan cruise, but I enjoy reading about them. So are you saying I should only read posts about the Carnival Fascination, since it is the only ship that will affect me?

And, if you will read again, I did not say I do not drink. I said I am not much of a drinker. I do enjoy an occasional drink and my wife and I will probably have a drink or two while on this cruise. So price will affect me. As far as the other alcohol related thread, someone asked a question and I was able to find the answer, so I posted it.

I do so hope that explains my previous posts to you, and if you should have questions about any other of my past posts or any future posts, please do not hesitate to ask.

In all honesty, I have been reading a lot of posts on here that may not concern me directly. I may never cruise the Mediterranean or take an Alaskan cruise, but I enjoy reading about them. So are you saying I should only read posts about the Carnival Fascination, since it is the only ship that will affect me?

And, if you will read again, I did not say I do not drink. I said I am not much of a drinker. I do enjoy an occasional drink and my wife and I will probably have a drink or two while on this cruise. So price will affect me. As far as the other alcohol related thread, someone asked a question and I was able to find the answer, so I posted it.

I do so hope that explains my previous posts to you, and if you should have questions about any other of my past posts or any future posts, please do not hesitate to ask.

I dont think anyone is questioning what posts you read. I read many different posts and frankly no one can see any posts that you read

its POSTING a comment about prices of drinks when you said you dont drink much. I dont think I would have an issue paying $20 per drink if I only drink once or twice. A comment about high prices would probably make more sense coming from someone who drinks 10 - 15 drinks a day.

now before anyone starts telling me I shouldnt be telling anyone when and what to post... I am not. Post anything you want. but as you have a right to post what you would like, people can comment about that as well.

(you also said if we had any other questions, dont hesitate to ask)

I really do hope you enjoy your first cruise next week, and hopefully there will not be too much of a party atmosphere that the 3 and 4 day cruises tend to turn into. Don't let that possibility sway you from taking longer cruises in the future. In general, the longer the cruise, the more laid back it is.