Carnival took our box wine but not our...

ggg196078

What is the difference between a box of wine and a dozen bottles of water. Bringing water is taking away the revenue as the box of wine will. You can bring water, but not wine. Its very simple. They make more on booze than on water. You are allowed to bring a six pack of soda. That is taking away from the soda package. We spend more money for our cabins so we can enjoy a drink on our balcony. We still spend hundreds if not thousands at the bars. It is the passengers that don't want to spend a dime, that are the most vocal. This posts had nothing to do with should we or should we not bring liquor on board. Its about a box of wine. Lets keep this forum on the issue. We take the wine bladder out of the box and carry it on. Normally, the security at the port is an outside contractor and only is looking for arms, etc. Never been caught after 105 cruises. Cheers.

He has no way of knowing if the majority are caught. does he poll the people afterwards and ask them if they were successful in smuggling the alcohol on board.

He 'might' know how much is caught. he has no way of knowing how much isn't caught (or else they would be caught )

If they cared, they could keep track of the number of empty containers thrown away each cruise. Perhaps they occasionally take a sample.

I have tried to change or get rid of the 15%. Both at the customer service desk and lounge. Neither would let me do it.

Do it right on the receipt. Cross out, add what you like, and total. Make sure it matches to your account.

Service desk will do it as well, but I've never gone that route. It was all laid out in black and white back when they instituted this charge.

:) The only thing I'm bashing here is my LIVER!

The darn thing has written my out of it's will.:(

And I didn't even mention the back and chest waxings I've had do endure for my fellow man and shareholders! So start spending all you cheapies or I'll have to do the bikini too!:eek::eek:

You can wax whatever you want as I know how to close my eyes when I walk by. :eek:

Hold the presses someone complained to JH about alcohol smuggling based on this thread. Who would have thought that could happen:rolleyes:

BTW he claims the vast majority of smugglers are caught. Wonder if that is true?

Depends on whether you believe all the smugglers on CC or not. I would like to think they are. Now if they would just enforce their contract and boot the smugglers, then I would be grinning ear to ear.

What is the difference between a box of wine and a dozen bottles of water. Bringing water is taking away the revenue as the box of wine will. You can bring water, but not wine. Its very simple. They make more on booze than on water. You are allowed to bring a six pack of soda. That is taking away from the soda package. We spend more money for our cabins so we can enjoy a drink on our balcony. We still spend hundreds if not thousands at the bars. It is the passengers that don't want to spend a dime, that are the most vocal. This posts had nothing to do with should we or should we not bring liquor on board. Its about a box of wine. Lets keep this forum on the issue. We take the wine bladder out of the box and carry it on. Normally, the security at the port is an outside contractor and only is looking for arms, etc. Never been caught after 105 cruises. Cheers.

The alcohol content and the cruise contract you voluntarily signed? :rolleyes:

Bet your looking for a pat on the back for your last sentence, aren't you? :eek:

As I have said once or twice, there are rules and than there are rules.

Nope, there are just rules. You either abide by them or don't but it doesn't change the rules. They are all written in black and white, no shades of gray. It is the person who chooses to violate them, nothing else.

Don't blame your inability to follow the rules on the rules. They did nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Nope, there are just rules. You either abide by them or don't but it doesn't change the rules. They are all written in black and white, no shades of gray. It is the person who chooses to violate them, nothing else.

Don't blame your inability to follow the rules on the rules. They did nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Guess we will have to continue to agree to disagree and move on.:):)

I will be devastated if they ever catch on to my box 'o wine in my checked bag.:eek::eek:

It's the ONLY wine I drink, and it's NOT available on the ship.:mad:

Yes, I know it's against the rules, but, believe me, they are still making money off of me. I still buy beers and froo froo drinks from them.

Our bill is usually about 1K at the end of the cruise, and 80% of that is booze.

So, do I feel bad? Nope!:rolleyes:

nope, there are just rules. You either abide by them or don't but it doesn't change the rules. They are all written in black and white, no shades of gray. It is the person who chooses to violate them, nothing else.

Amen

Edited by hftmrock

Really?:rolleyes: I am pretty sure we have ALL broken the rules at one point in our lives. Smuggling on a $15 box of wine is hardly breaking the rules.:rolleyes:

My Grandmother broke the 'rules' by trying to vote back in the day. Apparently there was a 'rule' back then that said women couldn't vote.:o

I generally follow the rules but I reserve the right to ignore bad rules or self-serving rules made by virtual monopoly for-profit businesses. I don't smuggle booze on-board only because I'm too lazy and the amount I'd save would be minimal- ah, smallish,- ah, well not too material - ish. :)

But I do love to beat down the price of a car purchase at those car dealerships whose 'rule' is no price negotiation. Yep, I'm breaking their 'rules' - me bad!:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

my grandmother broke the 'rules' by trying to vote back in the day. Apparently there was a 'rule' back then that said women couldn't vote.:o

i generally follow the rules but i reserve the right to ignore bad rules or self-serving rules made by virtual monopoly for-profit businesses. I don't smuggle booze on-board only because i'm too lazy and the amount i'd save would be minimal- ah, smallish,- ah, well not too material - ish. :)

but i do love to beat down the price of a car purchase at those car dealerships whose 'rule' is no price negotiation. Yep, i'm breaking their 'rules' - me bad!:d

:d:d:d:d

I generally follow the rules but I reserve the right to ignore bad rules or self-serving rules made by virtual monopoly for-profit businesses.

I think this is the best advice for anyone . Ignore those bad rules and find a cruiseline that fits your style... Dont patronage Carnival and give them money if you dont like the rules. Im sure you can find someplace where you will agree to the rules you signed for. (unless you break rules wherever you go)

I think this is the best advice for anyone . Ignore those bad rules and find a cruiseline that fits your style... Dont patronage Carnival and give them money if you dont like the rules. Im sure you can find someplace where you will agree to the rules you signed for. (unless you break rules wherever you go)

No I just renegotiate them!;)

I was once with a Company who paid us according to their pay scales, it was their rule. So when I disagreed with their rule, and I had the power to do it, I renegotiated a new salary way above what the rules called for. :)

I know of only 10 rules that were ever set in stone. Every other rule is up for renegotiation.

Edited by DirtyDawg

I was once with a Company who paid us by their pay scales, it was their rule. So when I disagreed with their rule, and I had the power to do it, I renegotiated a new salary way above what the rules called for. :)

I know of only 10 rules that were ever set in stone. Every other rule is up for renegotiation.

gotcha... renegotiate.. who do you speak to at carnival when you break the rules?

Guess we will have to continue to agree to disagree and move on.:):)

It's interesting because I have to wonder what you disagree with? Do you believe rules are gray and open to your interpretation or do you believe it's okay for you to break rules you don't agree with??

Edited by Out to sea!

I will be devastated if they ever catch on to my box 'o wine in my checked bag.:eek::eek:

It's the ONLY wine I drink, and it's NOT available on the ship.:mad:

Yes, I know it's against the rules, but, believe me, they are still making money off of me. I still buy beers and froo froo drinks from them.

Our bill is usually about 1K at the end of the cruise, and 80% of that is booze.

So, do I feel bad? Nope!:rolleyes:

This is immaterial and does not compensate for breaking the rules. It's just rationalizing bad behavior.

Really?:rolleyes: I am pretty sure we have ALL broken the rules at one point in our lives. Smuggling on a $15 box of wine is hardly breaking the rules.:rolleyes:

Let's see, your first sentence is purely an assumption on your part with no proof whatsoever and your second sentence is purely false. Period. No gray area.

Edited by Out to sea!

I was once with a Company who paid us according to their pay scales, it was their rule. So when I disagreed with their rule, and I had the power to do it, I renegotiated a new salary way above what the rules called for. :)

As long as you understand the "renegotiation" requires agreement from both parties involved. Smuggling is not "renegotiation" as Carnival has not agreed to a different set of terms than those listed in the cruise contract.