Quantum-- This is unbelievable!

Diamond member here- not that that matters- but just a point of reference, that I'm experienced with Royal and have been loyal to the brand.

I have seen service go down, but shrugged a lot of it off-- and continue to enjoy my cruises. However, what I saw tonight is truly ridiculous.

As we speak, my parents are aboard the Quantum out of NJ. The restaurant reservations are driving them insane- some get cancelled, some moved-- this is happening to a lot of people apparently and forced some to just go to the Windjammer. First world problems, right? I know.

Also- everyone on board I guess got free wifi because of many many problems with boarding today.

But- about 15 minutes ago I SKYPED with them from their room... yes, Skyped. It wasn't fast, but I got good audio and the video was choppy but usable. Anyway, as we were skyping, they pulled back their sheets and found BLOOD STAINS. My dad left to go downstairs and speak to someone after NO ONE answered housekeeping.

Keep in mind, they are not picky people. But blood stains? Nasty huge ones too-- they weren't exaggerating. I saw this since we were skyping. They had to wait and wait- and finally I witness a supervisor come in to their room and blame them!

Not joking- my fiancee walked out of the laundry room to see this on the computer since she was hearing it- the lady actually yelled at my parents and said it was chocolate from them! My dad kept his cool and calmly said "excuse me, but we have hardly been in the room all day since boarding, have NOT had chocolate and have no even pulled back the sheets until now"

This supervisor was so unbelievably rude. I lost the connection a few minutes after she left, but my folks said someone was coming up to change the sheets.

I know this sounds nuts- and it is. But now I'm honestly reconsidering a future sailing. Nuts- because I have not witnessed this myself, yet via skype (which we were surprised even worked- they were on WIFI) I saw and heard the whole thing.

Maybe I'm extra defensive bc its my parents. But when they get down to Puerto Rico or before, I will talk to them and see what happened.

I love Royal Caribbean, but I'm in completely disbelief at what I (digitally) witnessed tonight.

That's crazy. I could see the supervisor not commenting about it being blood. But the response should have been "I'm sorry that there appears to be some kind of stain on the sheets but we will have someone come up and replace them before you retire for the night". It's not like you're parents were demanding compensation for the stain, they just wanted new sheets.

IMHO the crew are not giving their all as far as service is concerned. We were on the Un Inaugural of the ship and learned that the majority of the crew will leave the ship in April when it goes to China

That's disgusting. I can't imagine they didn't change the sheets from the previous cruise or did they. I would be furious being treated like that. This definitely needs to be elevated.

Theresa

That's disgusting. I can't imagine they didn't change the sheets from the previous cruise or did they. I would be furious being treated like that. This definitely needs to be elevated.

Theresa

Agree, this should be elevated to the Hotel Director. Both for the hygiene issue and the completely unacceptable conduct of the crew member who came to look at it.

There is no excuse for that supervisor's response. She should in the least be demoted. I have a lot of compassion for the workers on the ships, but this is not acceptable. I hope it gets resolved for your parents so that they can enjoy the rest of their cruise.

I would have stayed at customer service till I talked to the main person and then calmly persisted until I got resolution.

This is totally unacceptable.

Imagine, if they were exhausted went to sleep woke up and then found it.............I would have been sick.

I wish them a safer and better cruising experience.

Safe travels.