Prices are higher this year, have you noticed?

6 of us

I typically like to cruise in March & April, spring weather is good for us. I typically avoid spring break week & during those months get very reasonable prices. This year I have noticed though that the prices I used to get in March & April are now backed up to February. Is it because of spring break schedules? Have they moved to March? I am a little surprised at how much the prices went up for these months & was just curious if anyone happened to know why :D. Has cruising spring time become the thing suddenly :D.

I typically like to cruise in March & April, spring weather is good for us. I typically avoid spring break week & during those months get very reasonable prices. This year I have noticed though that the prices I used to get in March & April are now backed up to February. Is it because of spring break schedules? Have they moved to March? I am a little surprised at how much the prices went up for these months & was just curious if anyone happened to know why :D. Has cruising spring time become the thing suddenly :D.

Indeed I have! Working for the Local School System limits when I can Cruise. I would love to cruise in February, March, or April. Being allowed to booking either Spring Break that usually falls the 1st week of April or Christmas Break Stinks. It is almost Always higher in price. I tend to be stuck booking at the end of May for cheaper prices. Now, this year I booked the April 4th on the Glory. Not paying attention that this is Easter week, I had to pay higher prices on the Airfare also.

Yes, I would agree that this may be a Issue for the Overwhelming thought of hoards of children on Break just like Myself. I'm Focusing on the Positive ( I'm On Vacation)!:D

I definitely have noticed the increased prices too! In fact looking through all 2015 it appears (on the itineraries I looked at) to be the case. Princess has some very competitive prices, lower than Carnival for the itineraires I looked it. It is their 50th Anniversary Sale.

Edited by qsuzi

I thought the opposite... I see cheaper prices than last year in my opinion. I booked a 5 day on the Valor in April for $254 and got $150 obc. The trouble was I couldn't decide which to book there were so many cheap prices...

Prices do seem to be fluctuating faster, so just keep a lookout.

Edited by poison7fl

I think over all they might be higher but if you keep your eyes open you can find a good deal. I have seen some on Conquest out of Fll and on Magic and Freedom out of Galveston. I agree they are fluctuating faster. You just have to watch daily and pull the trigger when you find something. I lost several deals during the one day sale last month that sold out while I was booking.

I believe they are trying a higher starting threshold. If it sticks, more money for Carnival. If not the prices will start being reduced. I personally believe the prices will come back down. To many rooms to fill and not high enough quality to price with the others.

I love carnival's product. But if the price points are the same I will surly be cruising elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents.

It seems to me that the spring break schedule is more scattered this year. We have one daughter in High School, one in Collage and one that is a teacher. All three have different spring breaks this year. Add Easter to the mix and you now have 4 weeks with potential to have more cruisers. As Pouundcake posted above her spring break is in April.

I have been price checking Alaska cruises. They are about the same as far a price to book as the last two years.

Typically March and April are peak times for higher prices. However we are paying the same this year for our 8 day cruise versus last year's 7 day cruise, so for us its cheaper! ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I agree with you guys saying that if I can't get a great deal on Carnival then I might as well try another line.

For March I typically pay $250 pp but now it's up above $300 & some even at $400 leaving out of the Florida ports. That is a big jump. I have checked the larger counties & spring breaks seem to still hit in April so I'm not sure what's up for March.

Praying they come on down! :D

I believe they are trying a higher starting threshold. If it sticks, more money for Carnival. If not the prices will start being reduced. I personally believe the prices will come back down. To many rooms to fill and not high enough quality to price with the others.

I love carnival's product. But if the price points are the same I will surly be cruising elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents.

They are trying to set a threshold on pricing, and while it may disputed here, it is the best case for everyone if eh can do that. Low price discounting is an unsustainable model.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree with the supply and demand concept, if the ship is not selling well, then the prices will slowly drop until they can start selling. I started a thread a few months back "when is spring break in your area", and while the thread was moved off the main boards, I did quite a few answers. I found that spring break can be anywhere in March or April around the country. Universities and colleges can differ also. I know when my son was in college, his spring break was usually the first week in March (private school), while the state universities were 2 or 3 weeks later. I think enough people are scattered with their spring breaks across the country - and with cruising being so popular, the demand is high enough to keep prices up.

ETA: I did notice and also agree though that the "beginning prices" are somewhat higher. I'm waiting for some cruises that I have my eye on for next year to reduce before booking.

Edited by funinthesun1964

6 of us,

Keep watching; final payment dates over the next few weeks will cause prices to drop.

I agree with the supply and demand concept, if the ship is not selling well, then the prices will slowly drop until they can start selling. I started a thread a few months back "when is spring break in your area", and while the thread was moved off the main boards, I did quite a few answers. I found that spring break can be anywhere in March or April around the country. Universities and colleges can differ also. I know when my son was in college, his spring break was usually the first week in March (private school), while the state universities were 2 or 3 weeks later. I think enough people are scattered with their spring breaks across the country - and with cruising being so popular, the demand is high enough to keep prices up.

ETA: I did notice and also agree though that the "beginning prices" are somewhat higher. I'm waiting for some cruises that I have my eye on for next year to reduce before booking.

I see what you mean! Thanks everyone, guess spring break schedules must be the cause, I'll just keep checking :D. Blessings!

I thought the opposite... I see cheaper prices than last year in my opinion. I booked a 5 day on the Valor in April for $254 and got $150 obc. The trouble was I couldn't decide which to book there were so many cheap prices...

Prices do seem to be fluctuating faster, so just keep a lookout.

Yes I agree, I noticed prices lower this year then last. My upcoming cruise was $50.00 Per person and had a $100.00 OBC when you book.

Did not receive that last year.