Beaches in Aruba

Arubalisa

Hi we were just at Palm beach last week. We rented from first vendor next to De Palm pier, rate was 10 for each lounge chair and I think 15 for each umbrella. Look around after you get there though, we had already rented and paid and then noticed next vendor over putting up sign for $3 per chair rental. Was a little unclear if their chairs were any different. To the left of the pier ended up being less crowded than the right side where we were, I was kinda bummed we were not over there. I had planned to use a particular vendor I had emailed ahead of time, but ended up with the one the cab driver was buddies with.....

Hi we were just at Palm beach last week. We rented from first vendor next to De Palm pier, rate was 10 for each lounge chair and I think 15 for each umbrella. Look around after you get there though, we had already rented and paid and then noticed next vendor over putting up sign for $3 per chair rental. Was a little unclear if their chairs were any different. To the left of the pier ended up being less crowded than the right side where we were, I was kinda bummed we were not over there. I had planned to use a particular vendor I had emailed ahead of time, but ended up with the one the cab driver was buddies with.....

Thanks for the information!

Great thread. Some very helpful info. We have a 5 year old and wanted to do 2 beaches in our 8 hour stay. One good for snorkeling and one for swimming and beauty. So we are thinking Catalina Cove for snorkeling and then to Eagle Beach for swimming? Google maps claims Catalina Cove is approx 20 minutes from cruise port, then about 20 back to Eagle Beach and then 12 minutes back to cruise terminal. Does that sound about right?

Wanted to do Baby beach but it seems too far. For swimming and beauty, would Baby beach or Eagle be better?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Sorry I did not see this until now.

Baby Beach is a very long and expensive taxi ride, but would be a great way to have a beach day combined with snorkeling.

The times you have estimated are correct. If you wanted to go to Catalina Cove or Boca Catalina your best bet would be to take a taxi or bus and from there to head to Palm or Eagle Beaches. Palm Beach is closest.

we are looking at the hyatt regency to try and rent chairs.. are they next to the Rui and Hilton?.. I didn't see the Hyatt in the photo with the walk to the pier..

The Hyatt is right next to Occidental. You can't see it in the picture. I'm not sure if there are any vendors in front of the Hyatt, but there are definitely some in front of the Hilton (former Radisson) next to Holiday Inn, and near Surf Club. The hotels are so close to each other that you can easily walk from one to another in just a few minutes.

As Hatteras said the Hyatt is right next door to the Occidental

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=12.571175&lon=-70.045727&z=18&m=b

From north to south on Palm Beach are the Ritz Carlton, Marriott, Marriott Ocean Club, Marriott Surf Club, Holiday Inn, Playa Linda, Hyatt, Occidental, Hilton, Riu Palace, Riu Antillas and Divi Phoenix.

Capture.jpg.049d3a154c354067152018ad04f32484.jpg

Edited by Arubalisa

• 2 weeks later...

cruisewiththekids see below

Various vendors along the beach renting chaises and umbrellas. Most centrally located to food, beverage and bathroom are those at the foot of De Palm Pier. Use the alley from the street out to the beach which runs between the Radisson and Riu.

Ask to be dropped off at the entrance to De Palm Pier- long red line extending from the street to beach in picture below. Take the walkway from the street out towards the beach. On the right hand side there are 2 vendors- see location in picture below- who rent chaises and umbrellas. There is also another vendor in the middle of the Radisson's beach. Bugaloe Bar and Grill is at the end of the pier. There are also hotel beachside restaurants at the Radisson and Hyatt.

When you are ready to depart simply walk thought the Radisson property and out to their lobby where there should be taxis waiting outside. If not the bellman will call one for you.

palm_beach.jpg

MoomBa Beach

Beach chairs

Float rentals

Restrooms

Free wi-?

Beach service

Kitchen open 8 am to 11 pm[/color]

Aruba Day Passes

Sorry I did not see this until now.

Baby Beach is a very long and expensive taxi ride, but would be a great way to have a beach day combined with snorkeling.

The times you have estimated are correct. If you wanted to go to Catalina Cove or Boca Catalina your best bet would be to take a taxi or bus and from there to head to Palm or Eagle Beaches. Palm Beach is closest.

Can you tell me the best beaches for shelling .? Can you also tell me the best beaches for beach glass?

The best beach for shelling that I know of is east of Baby Beach. I don't know of any spots for sea glass though I recently read of a spot on the barrier island that Renaissance Island is located on.

Most Aruba beaches are plain, white and sandy. Not much debris at all.

wtrg.jpg

We are thinking of taking a tour and then heading to the beach for the rest of the day. Which beach would you recommend that is nice and clear and has a restaurant/bar service available? We were told to head to Moomba but I've read that the water there isn't so nice?? Any thoughts?

We are thinking of taking a tour and then heading to the beach for the rest of the day. Which beach would you recommend that is nice and clear and has a restaurant/bar service available? We were told to head to Moomba but I've read that the water there isn't so nice?? Any thoughts?
Water in Aruba is never crystal clear like the Bahamas.

Having said that a bit further down the beach from Moomba you can check out the vendors at De Palm Pier between the Riu and Hilton resorts.

We would like to pick up some beer to bring to Palm Beach. Is this permitted? Cost? Is there a store to buy some at the taxi drop off area?

If not permitted what are the vendors charging at the beach? Any drink menus? Thanks

Yes, you can bring beer to the beach. You could get the taxi to stop at Certified or Lings along the way. There are TONS of bars and restaurants on Palm Beach. Most have happy hours, which vary by establishment. Prices vary. I'm not a beer drinker, but frozen cocktails average $6.00 - $8.00. My hubby drinks the local beer, Balashi, and loves it. I think that they usually run about $6.00 at the bars.

There will be taxis running on Christmas day. There will be a $3 surcharge each way.

For a family with children I would suggest Palm Beach with their variety of activities or Reflextions. Inquire in advance with Reflextions to see if they will be open. They are a private beach club.

LOTS more info Beaches in Aruba