Beaches in Aruba

Arubalisa

I'm not Arubalisa but Costa Linda is where we vacation. They do not rent chairs there to anyone. Costa Linda has very tight security along the beach, and I often seeing them running people off who aren't resort guests. Your best bet would be to go to MVC. They have a beautiful wide beach that is very quiet, with a bar, restaurant, and bathrooms just steps away, across the street. They have a good selection of palapas and plenty of shade. If I were going to Aruba for the day, that is where I would go. We vacation there every year.

Thanks, Hatteras51.

That is where we were leaning and walk up to eat at Passions. Although, I did review some older posts and came across Nikky Beach, which didn't look too crowded and it looks like some nice, cushy lounge chairs. Any thoughts?

Also, how about walking to the lighthouse from Arashi in the afternoon....possible?

Thanks again, Paul

Does anyone know a good beach for some one who has mobility issues? We will be in Aruba in late October. My DH has knee and hip issues and can't walk far and really can't sit in the low beach chairs. He really wants to do beach time. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Pam

Thanks, Hatteras51.

That is where we were leaning and walk up to eat at Passions. Although, I did review some older posts and came across Nikky Beach, which didn't look too crowded and it looks like some nice, cushy lounge chairs. Any thoughts?

Also, how about walking to the lighthouse from Arashi in the afternoon....possible?

Thanks again, Paul

As you probably know, Passions is the name of one of the restaurants at Amsterdam Manor. They set up a romantic dinner on the beach at night. During the day, they just serve regular lunch food at the bar area. There is nothing special about that at all. They also own MVC. MVC has a great restaurant that also serves lunch. If I were you, I would just eat at MVC. Are you planning to take the bus to Arashi in the afternoon? If so, you could stop at the lighthouse first, and then continue on to Arashi. You can see the lighthouse from Arashi, if you'd rather not stop there. I think that it is a longer walk than it looks, but if you like to hike, it might not seem that far to you. It will be hot, walking from the lighthouse.

Nikky Beach is now called Reflextions. This is a great option for cruisers. You can find a lot of info on this site, and you can google it. That is in the Surfside Beach area. Aruba is in the process of developing the Surfside Beach area as a great, day destination. It will be tailored for cruisers, which will give them a great place to go, with chairs and facilities. It was coming along well the last time that I was there. I plan to check it out in a few weeks and will report back. Both Palm Beach and Eagle Beach can get congested with resort guests and locals, so Surfside Beach will be a great addition.

As you probably know, Passions is the name of one of the restaurants at Amsterdam Manor. They set up a romantic dinner on the beach at night. During the day, they just serve regular lunch food at the bar area. There is nothing special about that at all. They also own MVC. MVC has a great restaurant that also serves lunch. If I were you, I would just eat at MVC. Are you planning to take the bus to Arashi in the afternoon? If so, you could stop at the lighthouse first, and then continue on to Arashi. You can see the lighthouse from Arashi, if you'd rather not stop there. I think that it is a longer walk than it looks, but if you like to hike, it might not seem that far to you. It will be hot, walking from the lighthouse.

Nikky Beach is now called Reflextions. This is a great option for cruisers. You can find a lot of info on this site, and you can google it. That is in the Surfside Beach area. Aruba is in the process of developing the Surfside Beach area as a great, day destination. It will be tailored for cruisers, which will give them a great place to go, with chairs and facilities. It was coming along well the last time that I was there. I plan to check it out in a few weeks and will report back. Both Palm Beach and Eagle Beach can get congested with resort guests and locals, so Surfside Beach will be a great addition.

Thanks again, Hatteras.

Great. Then it is between Reflextions and MVC in the morning and then the bus to the lighthouse or Arashi in the afternoon. Heat and hikes don't bother us, unless the hike/trail is not well travelled or marked.

The only thing about MVC was that we didn't think that we could get bar service on the beach? DW likes an umbrella drink (or three) while laying on the beach!

Thanks, Paul

Thanks again, Hatteras.

Great. Then it is between Reflextions and MVC in the morning and then the bus to the lighthouse or Arashi in the afternoon. Heat and hikes don't bother us, unless the hike/trail is not well travelled or marked.

The only thing about MVC was that we didn't think that we could get bar service on the beach? DW likes an umbrella drink (or three) while laying on the beach!

Thanks, Paul

I've stayed in many places in Aruba where the resort is across the street. It is really a non issue to walk across the street to the bar and carry the drinks back to the chairs. That is such a narrow strip of beach that all of the resorts right there are across the street, and people carry the drinks across all of the time. We have actually had a closer walk to the beach from some of the across the street properties than when we have stayed ocean front in some of the larger properties. You'll see what I mean when you get there. No worries :)

Does anyone know a good beach for some one who has mobility issues? We will be in Aruba in late October. My DH has knee and hip issues and can't walk far and really can't sit in the low beach chairs. He really wants to do beach time. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Pam[/quote

You might consider going to Palm Beach. There is a cement walkway that runs along the back of all of the resorts. I'm not sure about the height of the beach chairs. There might be some of the upright chairs available. I would check at Moomba, near Holiday Inn. You also might want to consider Reflextions, which is closer to downtown. You could email them and ask them what they have available. Here is the link to the website. http://beach-aruba.com/

I've stayed in many places in Aruba where the resort is across the street. It is really a non issue to walk across the street to the bar and carry the drinks back to the chairs. That is such a narrow strip of beach that all of the resorts right there are across the street, and people carry the drinks across all of the time. We have actually had a closer walk to the beach from some of the across the street properties than when we have stayed ocean front in some of the larger properties. You'll see what I mean when you get there. No worries :)

Sounds good. We haven't been to Aruba and didn't know that I could go get the drinks and bring them to the chairs.

Thanks for all of your help, Hatteras51.

Paul

Pam[/quote

You might consider going to Palm Beach. There is a cement walkway that runs along the back of all of the resorts. I'm not sure about the height of the beach chairs. There might be some of the upright chairs available. I would check at Moomba, near Holiday Inn. You also might want to consider Reflextions, which is closer to downtown. You could email them and ask them what they have available. Here is the link to the website. http://beach-aruba.com/

Thanks will check it out

In an earlier thread it was suggested to have exact change. For 2 that would be $4.60 so will they take US coins? I'm assuming not so I guess that would mean giving them $5 and not larger bills? Are the buses less reliable than they used to be? Just curious.

In an earlier thread it was suggested to have exact change. For 2 that would be $4.60 so will they take US coins? I'm assuming not so I guess that would mean giving them $5 and not larger bills? Are the buses less reliable than they used to be? Just curious.[/quot

They take US money. You can use larger bills, but all of your change will come back in florins. $4.60 is correct. The buses are very nice and generally reliable during the day. They become much more sporadic at night.

Several years ago, we took the bus along the shore to a beach near the Riu hotel. It was perfect for us- chair rentals, umbrella etc. Can anyone give me the name and which bus stop to take? I remember walking down an alley to the beach.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Any recent updates on chair rental and umbrella costs at Palm Beach? Going through this thread I have read of prices as high as $45 and as low as $20. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

We were there in January. Didn't get to the beach until late morning. We paid $20 for 2 chairs (can't recall if we had an umbrella). I wasn't feeling good that day and knew we wouldn't be there long so we would t have paid more. Don't recall if we haggled. We went to the hit right at the end of the walkway from the road.

We were there in January. Didn't get to the beach until late morning. We paid $20 for 2 chairs (can't recall if we had an umbrella). I wasn't feeling good that day and knew we wouldn't be there long so we would t have paid more. Don't recall if we haggled. We went to the hit right at the end of the walkway from the road.

Thanks so much for the update.