How to save having a small party/gathering on a budget on cruiseship??

Ill be on the Carnival Fantasy March 11-16th 2015 for my dads bday. cruise. His actual Bday is March 12 during the first day at sea. I have a group booking of about 36 people and about 25 of them actually drink. I enquired about having a cocktail party for 1.5 but was told Id have to pay 27.60 per person even if they don't drink also plus 80 dollars for a dj for 1.5 hours. I want to try to do something but Id rather not have to pay 27.60 each for 11 people that don't even drink alcohol. My travel agent told me he wouldn't advise me to pay for people that don't even drink but also could help with suggestions. Right now I looking at about $1,073. I'm trying to come up with a cheaper alternative. Any Help will definitely be appreciated.

You could probably arrange with the cruise ship to give each person one or more drink coupons good only at your party. People could then pay for extras. Don't give coupons to the non-drinkers. Have a max value on the coupons.