FLL Hotel-Embassy Suites or Hyatt Place 17th St. Convention Ctr

tsxgray1

I have reservations at both hotels for a 1 night pre cruise stay for 2 adults. Which hotel would you recommend ?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hyatt has a free shuttle from the airport.

Do you found a better rate at hyatt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would book whichever one costs the least. They are both good and practically on the same block. Embassy Suites gets an edge for a nicer pool and breakfast, as well as manager's evening reception. Hyatt Place has free airport shuttle. They are in different reward clubs, as far as earning points. So it depends on which amenities matter to you. Don't forget to check Valuetrips for Hyatt Place.

I agree with royalcruz. I stayed at Hyatt Place because of the free shuttle from the airport as well as the price offered on Valuetrips. The room was nice and spacious and breakfast was okay.

I'd just go with the cheaper.:o And for sure use valuetrips.com to book the Hyatt IF your stay is not on the blackout date list.

Altho, yes the ES pool area is nice,for one night, I doubt it will be a big priority unless a pool day is what you want. Lots here like the "social hour" at ES. But the cost is so much higher for that added amenity and we enjoy getting out and about of the hotels we stay at, that that wouldn't be a influnce to our decision either. Both have breakfasts.

The shuttle from the airport is a plus for Hyatt. For both hotels, cab to the port in the morning for under $15. Both are near restaurnats and stores for last min. items and wine.

Edited by eandj

• 2 weeks later...

we stayed at the embassy. The hotel is nice and you can't beat the free cook to order breakfast. it sits across the parking lot from the grocery store. if you are on the south or east side of the hotel you have a great view of the ships. Not sure I would stay anywhere else when sailing out of fll

I would look at staying at the Hyatt Pier 66. One good thing that this Hyatt has is a Avis location inside the hotel. So if you want to drive and run your errands at Walgreens or CVS and not be confined for dinner near the pier area then this might be an option