booking a cruise

onrway

Some cruise lines allow travel agencies to offer discounts. Travel agencies can get around the ones that don't allow discounts by offering special incentives--on-board credit, free insurance, etc. Just do a google search for discount cruises to see a bunch of different options.

I usually start by looking at one of the big Internet travel websites to find the different cruises that fit DH's school break schedule. There I can find the various cruises on different cruise lines. Then I go to the specific cruise line website to see if there's a better price for me on it. Once I've settled on a cruise because the price seems good, I'll contact my primary cruise travel agent to see if he can do even better on the price, then I go to a few different discount cruise sites to see if they can do even better.

Hi all, just wondering if there really is discount cruises or are the prices all the same thank u

define 'discounts'

as a general rule the base price is the same no matter where you book. that base price does CHANGE based on too many factors to go into.

Travel Agents may or may not offer additional incentives or perks to get your business.

your best plan is to pick a price per person per day you are willing to pay and g o from there.

Also, it's good to know to not get too hung up on the price. What I mean is, you can book the room you want and in most cases as long as it's before the 90 day final payment you can get any price reductions or discounts up till then. Provided you monitor your booking closely(each day) to see if the price changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess allows TAs to discount the price. We have a TA that gives us about 15% off the current Princess price.

Hi Paul,

Would you be able to share this contact? We've normally booked thru websites, but are thinking of booking a (Princess) cruise that is offering various credits, etc. right now, & might benefit from using a good agent to make sure we get all possible considerations.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Paul,

Would you be able to share this contact? We've normally booked thru websites, but are thinking of booking a (Princess) cruise that is offering various credits, etc. right now, & might benefit from using a good agent to make sure we get all possible considerations.

Thanks,

Bill

It's against CC rules to mention one's TA. You can ask your friends and family members, plus co-workers, if they know a good TA. Or ask once you're on a cruise if any of your fellow passengers have a good one.