Mini Suite Covered Balconies : Coral Princess Aft Dolphin Deck???

brt49

So I keep getting conflicting answers and different photographs.

Are the Aft Mini Suite Balconies (D705 - D725) on the Coral Princess Dolphin Deck covered, partially covered or not covered?

We currently have a standard balcony on Emerald deck directly underneath these cabins.

It turns out the price is only $28 more a day per person and I'm starting to think that it would be worth it (just for the extra space and bath tub)for the 15 day Panama Canal cruise we are booked on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance..

I find the balcony guide a little cumbersome and confusing. We booked one of the mini suites you are considering for a future cruise because I believe they are covered. I will be watching for responses to your thread and hope I'm right.

So now that we have established these balconies are covered.

Which side is better for a LA to Ft Lauderdale cruise?

I have heard arguments for both sides?

When I mean better, I mean as far as the sun and the scenery.

Thanks again...

So I keep getting conflicting answers and different photographs.

Are the Aft Mini Suite Balconies (D705 - D725) on the Coral Princess Dolphin Deck covered, partially covered or not covered?

We currently have a standard balcony on Emerald deck directly underneath these cabins.

It turns out the price is only $28 more a day per person and I'm starting to think that it would be worth it (just for the extra space and bath tub)for the 15 day Panama Canal cruise we are booked on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance..

Dolphin 7XX mini-suites have fully covered balconies. We chose them on 2 Alaska cruises on the Coral so we would be protected from bad weather (and we were). Caribe 7XX mini-suites have partially covered balconies. We did a Panama Canal transit in one thinking we wouldn't need a fully covered balcony but in hindsight the sun was so strong at times we would have preferred it. Love the Dolphin mini-suite location (quiet, near the rear viewing area, near the laundry if you are inclined) and the covered balcony. I don't remember if the Caribe minis are near the laundry but they do have the added benefit of an even larger rear viewing area with lounges (which wouldn't fit on the Dolphin viewing area).

Thanks again...

When transiting the canal it won't matter - don't stay on your balcony! Go to the front and rear viewing areas and the promenade deck especially when transiting the locks and be up on deck so you can see both sides of the canal in between lock transits.

For the rest of the cruise if didn't make a difference to us since the ship is too far away from land most of the time (we were in a port side cabin). Regarding the sun: port will have the sunrises southbound and sunsets northbound; starboard will have the sunsets southbound and sunsets northbound but I don't really see a difference - their will always be sun some part of the day.

Edited by capriccio

Thanks again...

Sailing to the Canal, morning sun to port, evening sun to starboard.

Canal day you sail north so morning sun to starboard, evening sun to port.

Sailing east along top of South America, sun is located south of the equator in November so most sun will be to starboard.

Final run to FLL will have morning sun to Starboard, evening sun to port.

The canal can only be appreciated if you understand the effort that was put into completing the project back in the early 1900's. To see as much as possible, you will be moving about the ship for most of the day.

The locks have the majority of the support structures to the starboard side along with the former US military bases. The new canal expansion project is to port when entering the canal and to starboard on exit.

Once past the continental divide, canal day is pretty boring until the locks on the Caribbean end.

Beyond the canal day itself, there really isn't a whole lot of "scenery" to see as most the ship's travel is rarely within sight of land.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

We usually like to be around mid ship, but for the 10 night partial on the Coral, we booked mini suite on Dolphin aft near laundry-- Years ago we booked a mid ship balcony on the Island for Hawaii-- the balcony was unusable-- too windy, too much sun-- so hopefully this location will be much better-- would like to get some use out of the balcony!

• 8 years later...