Requesting a table for two?

murph1031

We are sailing in Oct. for our 25th wedding anniversary. This will be our first cruise without the kids, just the two of us. My question is how difficult is it to get a table for two in the dining room. We have late dining. Is there someone I could email to place a request for the table alone, and if so, when should I put the request in? Now or closer to the travel date?

Thanks in advance for any info.

My PVP told me a request for a table for two can be made, but it isn't guarenteed. We always make the request and we haven't managed to get one. We we're told to go to the maître d on embarkation day at 1:00 to put another request in. They have always been accommodating. There is usually quite a line, though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Karlou

We have done a table for 2 a few times, they have always accomodate our request, and it shouldn't be difficult to get at late dining. Just go see the Maitre D when they open on boarding day. They will note your request, then when you come to dinner that evening they will take you to your private table. Hope you enjoy yours!

Should be done when booking the cruise. It is one of the questions asked during the booking process online or your TA should that question.

Table size is not asked during booking process. Dining Time is; Early (6pm), Late (8:15 pm) and Your Time (5:45pm - 9:00pm),

As for requesting table, 2-3 weeks before cruise is plenty of time. You can ask John Heald, email the maitre'd or see maitre'd at 1:30pm on embarkation day (1st day). We have always gotten a table for 2.

You should wait...you may find that all day long together is more than enough "couples" time....having others to chat with at dinner can be fun! It can enhance your time alone...gives you lots to talk about!

With many of the tables for 2 being a mere ten inches apart there may very well still be chances for good conversation with fellow cruisers!

I usually will e-mail the ship's Maitred and request our dinner table arrangements ahead of time. Sometimes they will e-mail me back and sometimes they won't but we usually have our table request granted.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1875602

What site do you go to that you are able to email the maitre d? I'd like to do the same for our next cruise.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

What site do you go to that you are able to email the maitre d? I'd like to do the same for our next cruise.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Personally, I would visit the website for which my email's domain is allocated to and compose an email as I would to any individual. The only difference being the body of the email would include my request for a table for two. I would further my request by asking for a table for two that is not within mere inches of another table.

Edited by Pixelate

If we're a group of 4, should we count on getting a 4 top? Don't want to be sat with a bunch of strangers. We have Your Time Dining.

With Your Time Dining, they will usually ask if you want a private table or a shared table. If you request a private table, you will likely have a short wait depending on the time. With a shared table, they will seat you immediately.

We were accommodated on all but one cruise but we made a point to visit the Maitred very early after boarding to make the request. After switching to ATD there is no longer a hassle with it, just show up and be seated.

My husband and I were also celebrating and don't typically do vacations without the kids. We wants to enjoy our time alone together, as it doesn't happen very often in the real world. We asked the maitre d for a table for two and it was not an issue. The table was very close to a large table of solo cruisers, and several of them were from our roll call. We still had quite a bit of conversation with them. It all worked out great! Enjoy you cruise!