Are smaller cabins princess's new demographic?

LabGuy64

I wonder where Princess Cruises, Holland-America Line, Cunard Line, P&O Cruises (both the UK and Australia brands), Seabourn Cruise Line, Costa Cruises, and Celebrity Cruises would be, or what they would even look like had they survived, without the benefit of the financing made available with their purchase by Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Would we be better off had they been allowed to stagnate and falter?

And had all of those cruise lines mentioned disappeared altogether, and other cruise lines like TUI, AIDA, Azamara Club Cruises - among many others - not allowed to expand or become founded, therefore leaving a lot fewer ships in the market to compete, would the cheap pricing we see now still be the same?

And it seems that 'smaller cabins' in general, with smaller balconies, seems to be the 'norm' now for most of the newest designs in large-sized mass market ships, with cruise lines also recognizing the need for single occupancy cabins (some roughly only 100 sq. ft. in size).

The Haven seems to be doing well enough that NCL is still incorporating it into all of their new-builds, so if the reviews are mixed, the demand must still be there to warrant the continued implementation.

And in 30-50 years I'll be dead, the next two generations of cruisers will be the ones dealing with whatever issues are at hand with 'lost identity' among the multitude of cruise lines, and I won't care. ;)

:D

Me too Dave.....:D:D:D

Bob

I would also love too see more interconnecting rooms and also more family suites- we are taking our 3 young kids with us this time and had to book two separate rooms and just hope our "do not upgrade" keeps us together- I have been laughing at my husband that almost a year later we are taking the same cruise but are booked into separate rooms!

it would be interesting to see what the design teams could come up with. Maybe non load bearing walls that could be removed to reconfigure certain areas of the ship to make larger or smaller suites bathrooms are a hard point but, I bet many options could still be explored

They are more looking at the biggest bang for the buck, maximize balconies, maximize number of staterooms, maximimize specialty serrvices.

thats why the promenade and central staircase are missing, more cabins more people to spend money

The Central Staircase is there on the Royal and Regal, but just for crew members. It takes up as much space as it does on ships where passengers can use it.