? about VIP embarkment

Crusin Karen

We are going on the Liberty next week with another couple. We are VIP/Platinum; they are VIP/Gold. Will they be with us on priority embarkment? TIA ;)

No. But they can purchase Faster to the Fun and get on right after you. (If there are any available)

They don't get priority boarding like you will, but after you get your S&S card you can go over to the waiting area where they are if you all want to board together. Also, we have seen where people that were not priority have boarded about the same time.

When we sail from Pt Canaveral, it seems as though as soon as the Priority people start to board, they announce the other zones. If you get to the port early, your friends could get a zone 1 perhaps and board about the same time you do without having you wait in their area.

I think it depends on who is working. We have traveled with groups before and they let all our family board with hubby and I (we are VIP) even though none of them had never cruided before. Then other times they just say no.:confused:

There certainly was a time when Platinum and up cruisers were able to allow their travel mates to board with them. When Carnival began denying this boarding situation the new way to board together was to link the S&S card to the same credit card. Then change the account assignment once on board at guest services.

Now Carnival is fairly strict. I think the only exception is when minor children are involved. But as others above have posted. If you want to board together just join your travel mates in the regular boarding line. It will likely not be more than 20-30 minutes difference in time.

Haven't traveled Carnival for a while. I am Platinum, DH is not quite there. We are taking 4 grandkids with us in March; 2 cabins therefore 2 booking #s. I will have two young kids in my cabin, he will have two in his. Will we be able to board together? By the way, this will be Port Canaveral.

Thanks,

Janet

Haven't traveled Carnival for a while. I am Platinum, DH is not quite there. We are taking 4 grandkids with us in March; 2 cabins therefore 2 booking #s. I will have two young kids in my cabin, he will have two in his. Will we be able to board together? By the way, this will be Port Canaveral.

Thanks,

Janet

you can board together if you join him in the gold line. We had a friend last year who wanted to board with us but couldn't because he was not platinum. Our other friends booked Faster to the Fun and actually made it onboard before us. So your husband should purchase faster to the fun for his cabin. It's only 50 dollars

Thanks,

Janet

The problem with VIP boarding is not that someone in your party is not platinum....it's that carnival prearranges the sail and sign cards in the appropriate boarding areas.

In your case, you and whatever grandchildren are in your room will have to pick up your cards in the VIP lounge. Your spouse and the grandchildren in his room will have to pick up their sail and sign cards in the general boarding area.

It's simply a logistics problem.

Your spouse can go thru the general boarding area and check in, and then head down to the VIP lounge and wait with you.

On rare occasions, I've seen the VIP lounge rep go to the general boarding counter to get cards for non VIP....but I would not count on this.

Just go through the general boarding check in and meet in the VIP lounge.

you can board together if you join him in the gold line. We had a friend last year who wanted to board with us but couldn't because he was not platinum. Our other friends booked Faster to the Fun and actually made it onboard before us. So your husband should purchase faster to the fun for his cabin. It's only 50 dollars

Or go this route. Buy faster to the fun for the spouses cabin and the sail and sign cards will be in the VIP lounge.

The problem with VIP boarding is not that someone in your party is not platinum....it's that carnival prearranges the sail and sign cards in the appropriate boarding areas.

Not in Galveston, at least. The S&S cards are not pre-printed and arranged. We had to book 2 cabins last summer. DH and one kid in a cabin and me (Platinum) with the other kid. We went to check me and one kid in first and then we were planning to go to the regular line for DH and other kids. But the guy in the Captain's Lounge said he could print the card for their cabin, too. He printed all 4 S&S card with us standing there and checked in DH and the kid. So we all boarded together priority just like if we were in one cabin.

Not in Galveston, at least. The S&S cards are not pre-printed and arranged. We had to book 2 cabins last summer. DH and one kid in a cabin and me (Platinum) with the other kid. We went to check me and one kid in first and then we were planning to go to the regular line for DH and other kids. But the guy in the Captain's Lounge said he could print the card for their cabin, too. He printed all 4 S&S card with us standing there and checked in DH and the kid. So we all boarded together priority just like if we were in one cabin.

I think because he was your spouse and the kids were yours-- that is what makes the huge difference

OP is sailing with friends.

Because they now sell FTTF for 50.00 per cabin they are rather strict who signs in at the VIP lounge. If I paid for FTTF and people were bringing their friends in for free for what I paid for it would cause a rather huge argument

I think because he was your spouse and the kids were yours-- that is what makes the huge difference

OP is sailing with friends.

Because they now sell FTTF for 50.00 per cabin they are rather strict who signs in at the VIP lounge. If I paid for FTTF and people were bringing their friends in for free for what I paid for it would cause a rather huge argument

I agree. I would not count on this being the norm. It's at the discretion of the rep in the VIP lounge. He/she could have easily told the non the VIP guests to go thru the general boarding area.

I have seen the new instant card printing machines. It is nice to see that in instances where large famines with multiple VIPs can have their families together during check in.

We are going on the Liberty next week with another couple. We are VIP/Platinum; they are VIP/Gold. Will they be with us on priority embarkment? TIA ;)

They should not be with you in priority embarkation. They haven't earned the privilege yet.

The last few times were were in the priority lounge waiting to embark, the lounges got so full that some of us were moved to annex areas. I admit that I don't know if that was because of extra people waiting with their priority friends/family members or if there were a lot of priority people.

Only those who deserve priority boarding should have priority boarding.

Thankfully the general boarding area is large enough to accommodate priority passengers who wish to wait with their non-priority friends and family.

In your case, you and whatever grandchildren are in your room will have to pick up your cards in the VIP lounge. Your spouse and the grandchildren in his room will have to pick up their sail and sign cards in the general boarding area.

Your spouse can go thru the general boarding area and check in, and then head down to the VIP lounge and wait with you.

On rare occasions, I've seen the VIP lounge rep go to the general boarding counter to get cards for non VIP....but I would not count on this.

Not so in our experience.

When we sailed Liberty out of Miami with friends, I was Platinum and my roommate was Blue. We went to the Captain's Lounge where our cards were printed for us. (Roommates are allowed to board priority.) Same for the two times I sailed with my mom; she was Red and our cards were printed in the Captain's Lounge.

[

When we sailed Liberty out of Miami with friends, I was Platinum and my roommate was Blue. We went to the Captain's Lounge where our cards were printed for us. (Roommates are allowed to board priority.) Same for the two times I sailed with my mom; she was Red and our cards were printed in the Captain's Lounge.[/color][/size][/font]

was this recent? Because everything shows me that within the last 6 months people who were not platinum, diamond or suite or purchased the FTTF are directed to the regular check in area.

Typically this will not work. The reason being that Carnival isn't going to give the non-platinum/diamond/FTTF/suite passengers a benefit that others earn or have to pay for.

Why would people pay $49.95 per cabin or book a suite to board early if Carnival will let them do it for free?

Carnival used to allow groups to board together like that but not since Faster to the Fun started. Unless the people with no special privileges are booked in the same cabin with someone who does have them, they typically will not be allowed priority embarkation.

As others have pointed out, the platinum/diamond/FTTF/suite guests would need to wait until regular embarkation time to board if they want a group to board together.

Typically this will not work. The reason being that Carnival isn't going to give the non-platinum/diamond/FTTF/suite passengers a benefit that others earn or have to pay for.

Why would people pay $49.95 per cabin or book a suite to board early if Carnival will let them do it for free?

Carnival used to allow groups to board together like that but not since Faster to the Fun started. Unless the people with no special privileges are booked in the same cabin with someone who does have them, they typically will not be allowed priority embarkation.

As others have pointed out, the platinum/diamond/FTTF/suite guests would need to wait until regular embarkation time to board if they want a group to board together.

Makes sense and I agree 100%. Thanks for all the responses. Since our friends live in Cocoa Beach right near the port, I am sure we will get there early enough that they will get a "good zone #" and they won't be far behind us. Happy Cruising everyone, no matter WHEN you board the ship! :p:)

was this recent? Because everything shows me that within the last 6 months people who were not platinum, diamond or suite or purchased the FTTF are directed to the regular check in area.

The cruise with friends was April 2013. The cruises with my mom were June 2013 and November 2014.

Since my friend and my mom were my roommates, they were allowed to come with me. Had they been in separate cabins, not so, even if they were on my credit card. The ports have stopped allowing that loop hole, from what I've read.

Edited by stargate fan

This isn't a loophole. If one person in a cabin is platinum or diamond, everyone in that cabin gets priority boarding, at least if you print the all-in-one boarding pass. Carnival can't reasonably expect people traveling together in the same cabin to split up in order to check in.

This isn't a loophole. If one person in a cabin is platinum or diamond, everyone in that cabin gets priority boarding, at least if you print the all-in-one boarding pass. Carnival can't reasonably expect people traveling together in the same cabin to split up in order to check in.

Boarding documents are always the key. If they say Priority, you get Priority. In Miami, they checked at every point until you reached the actual boarding line. No one without Priority was allowed in the Priority waiting areas