Furious with Carnival

rbwalla

Upon Embarkation I had my steamer taken and was told to pick up after 7 days. Well, that was the last thing on my mind as the cruise director was herding everyone off the ship. I call Carnival and they say sorry we threw it away. I asked the lady if my steamer was kept on the ship. She said yes. It really infuriates me that I can spend a few hundred dollars on alcohol and they have zero problem delivering that to my stateroom at the end of the cruise, but your personal effects nah just throw that **** away. I should have remembered of course but honestly I just forgot with the whole out of sight out of mind. It just amazes me today about how it's an all about making money society that we live in. So to anyone who reads this if something gets taken you better post that reminder where you can see it or you personal effects will be trashed.

I can understand your fury. I can also understand Carnival's handling of it. I imagine they collect TONS of stuff that never gets claimed each cruise. I think it would be above reasonable expectations to expect them to keep it all just in case someone comes looking for it. I'd bet the vast majority that don't pick up don't come looking for it later either.

Still, the situation does suck. :(

Rest assured that your item wont be thrown away. Most likely it will be auctioned off, along with the other thousands of other confiscated and lost items that Carnival collects every year. All proceeds go to charities, most notably the United Way.

Sorry that this is infuriating, but I'm hopeful that this can be an opportunity to learn about what prohibited items should be left at home next time you cruise.

It was an honest mistake on my part and didn't even think to look because normally I don't bring a steamer on board ever. Lesson learned. I just hope my post will prevent someone else from experiencing the same thing.

Upon Embarkation I had my steamer taken and was told to pick up after 7 days. Well, that was the last thing on my mind as the cruise director was herding everyone off the ship. I call Carnival and they say sorry we threw it away. I asked the lady if my steamer was kept on the ship. She said yes. It really infuriates me that I can spend a few hundred dollars on alcohol and they have zero problem delivering that to my stateroom at the end of the cruise, but your personal effects nah just throw that **** away. I should have remembered of course but honestly I just forgot with the whole out of sight out of mind. It just amazes me today about how it's an all about making money society that we live in. So to anyone who reads this if something gets taken you better post that reminder where you can see it or you personal effects will be trashed.

If you had obeyed the RULES Carnival has set, you wouldnt be in this situation. Dont blame Carnival for enforcing their RULE YOU broke. :rolleyes:

You were told when you could pick up your items. You didn't.

Personal responsibility.

Where is that like button?! You were told when it was confiscated where and when you could pick it up. Not Carnival's responsibility to remind you or spend the last evening running around returning prohibited items to passengers. They deliver the booze you bought because you paid for it! If they had confiscated liquor, you would have needed to pick that up as well.

Pat

I can understand your fury. I can also understand Carnival's handling of it. I imagine they collect TONS of stuff that never gets claimed each cruise. I think it would be above reasonable expectations to expect them to keep it all just in case someone comes looking for it. I'd bet the vast majority that don't pick up don't come looking for it later either.

Still, the situation does suck. :(

In the past I used to bring a small coffee maker and it got taken. It wasn't worth my time to later retrieve it. The table in the room was loaded with items.

I get it that you 'learned' a lesson...but WHAT are you furious at?

Carnival did not bend the rules for you?

Carnival has a rule that it is up to you to remember to pick up a contraband item?

Carnival doesn’t staff anyone to deliver your contraband item?

Carnival did not chase you down the gangway?

Carnival didn’t…..

Carnival didn’t…..

Carnival didn’t…..

Carnival didn’t…..

Dictionary definition of 'furious':

full of fury, violent passion, or rage; extremely angry; enraged

I can’t image ANYONE directing this much rage towards Carnival when it they are enforcing their rules, and communicating clearly how to recover said items. It is not like they are confiscating them for good.

Not flaming…but FURIOUS…..at Carnival? Really?

The stuff taken by security is tageed name and cabin number and put in a box. You are either given a slip there for pick up or the ship provides you with one. At the end of the cruise these items are given back to security for you to come and collect. You were the one who brought something you are not allowed to bring, they at least give you a chance to get it back but you didn't remember so you can't blame them.

So you take contraband on board, it get's found and put away, your forget to pick your contraband back up and that's Carnival's fault???? :confused: