Remember doc dances?

jagsfan

I miss the days when you went to the mailbox, found your docs and jumped up and down with excitement.

You'd eagerly open the wallet, sometimes made of lovely pleather, and once in real leather. You'd pore over the items in it...bag tags, forms to fill out, card with ship to shore phone numbers. Those were wonderful days.

Well, I can print my luggage tags in 3 days, so I'll have a private doc dance at the computer.

Still exciting!

How times have changed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I miss the days when you went to the mailbox, found your docs and jumped up and down with excitement.

You'd eagerly open the wallet, sometimes made of lovely pleather, and once in real leather. You'd pore over the items in it...bag tags, forms to fill out, card with ship to shore phone numbers. Those were wonderful days.

Well, I can print my luggage tags in 3 days, so I'll have a private doc dance at the computer.

Still exciting!

How times have changed!

I still carry my self-printed docs in an old HAL pleather wallet. People often ask me where I got mine. It has room for cruise docs, plus passport and credit card so all are handy at embarkation.

Edited by Ryndam2002

I'm trying to remember what the luggage tags looked like before the 'fold and staple' series...does anyone have an old photo of one to share?

I'm trying to use what little brain cells I have left, but didn't they used to look like the tags you get from passenger services for disembarkation ????

I still carry my self-printed docs in an old HAL pleather wallet. People often ask me where I got mine. It has room for cruise docs, plus passport and credit card so all are handy at embarkation.

I use the same one!!! It has truly stood up well to the wear and tear from years of use! It has so much room and looks different from anything else I might have in the bag and besides all the stuff you mentioned there is room for pages of other bits of info that I like to bring like ferry schedules, roll call lists, meet & greet info, etc.

I do still miss seeing that large envelope come...

I'm trying to use what little brain cells I have left, but didn't they used to look like the tags you get from passenger services for disembarkation ????

They are about the same size, but those sent with cruise docs years ago were often works of art. I still have mine somewhere from the old S.S. Independence during her American Hawaii Cruises years. They are nice enough to frame. I'll post them sometime when I remember where I put them :).

They are about the same size, but those sent with cruise docs years ago were often works of art. I still have mine somewhere from the old S.S. Independence during her American Hawaii Cruises years. They are nice enough to frame. I'll post them sometime when I remember where I put them :).

I know I still have some of the luggage tags they sent from HAL. I'll have a look for them tomorrow. Right now it's 2:00 a.m.

I also still use my beautiful, royal blue, doc wallet that I would get by overnight mail, and do my little dance (with pirouettes included) on the front porch). It has its own little spot in my backpack.

Maureen