LIVE From the ALLURE, 11 Jan 2015, With Trainman-2, Judith, and LYRIC

Today is going to be a day or rest and relaxation.

We are all planning to meet at the Quizno's Sub Shop ashore at 11:30 for lunch. (assuming it is still there)

Perhaps some light shopping ashore next to the ship, some reading, watching Lyric having fun in the Kiddie Pool, and some napping!

I was reviewing the Cruise Compass this morning and saw that "ABBACADABRA" is performing three shows, one tonight and two tomorrow night. Kathie is our acting social director and in a suite so I am going to ask her to get us all tickets for the 8:30 pm show tomorrow night.

I have seen them perform before and they are absolutely fantastic.

The original ABBA group was one of my favorites in the old days.

Bad News From Home. :eek:

Our last two chickens and our rooster disappeared the day before yesterday.

There were heavy thunderstorms and high winds and when our pet sitter went over to close them up in their coop for the night they were gone and have not reappeared since.

Our best guess is that the Panthers that got our Ducks awhile ago came back. Although Panthers are normally nocturnal, heavy storms can provide them enough "cover" to venture out from where ever they are hiding during the day.

My first project when we get home from this cruise is to complete the bird and Panther proof enclosure for the chickens when we get home and then Judith is going to order some more chickens called "pullets" who are grown and within a week or two of starting to lay eggs.

Mother Nature can be Cruel at times...

So Sorry for your loss. Maybe you could just say they flew the coop.

Doug

Jim,

Love the sunrise pictures. I am really not a morning person but on a cruise I am up an hour before sunrise .. get my coffee .. and ready for about 100 pictures every morning .. love digital cameras.

10 days until we board our first B2B for 15 days. I will wave to you as we pass near you on I-95 next Friday.

ImageUploadedByForums1421241102.170995.jpg.94482d620337d89a5b6aec18675f8788.jpg

Edited by bigeagle12

I was reviewing the Cruise Compass this morning and saw that "ABBACADABRA" is performing three shows, .

Woohoo, my all time favorite ship group....they rock the isles...so glad to see they are still available, haven't seen them in years! Enjoy ya'll!

Enjoying reading your Live report. We have a similar setup, semi-retired, no grandkids but DW babysat for 20 years and one of the families has kind of adopted us as honorary grandparents. They have 4 daughters and we cruise with them every other year. We will be with them on the Allure in March. It really is great to see the cruise through their eyes.

Tony and Debbie

They are normally waiting near the gangways. If they are not there, the RCI Security person at the gangway can call ashore and ask that some come out.

They make their money from tips and I normally tip them $5 for a ride to shore to a spot where we can meet the shuttle.

Much thanks Jim! Truly enjoy your reports and appreciate the time you take to post and let us cruise with you and Judith.

Wonderful sunrise/sunset photos!! And the rest of the photos are nice, too. It's great to see you having fun with Ally and Lyric and everyone else.

I'm so sorry about the chickens and rooster. And Booty is enjoying her vacation, too. I bet she realizes that she's not on the job as when she's around Judith, so she's relaxing, too!

We love sailing along with you, but also this is your vacation and your chance to relax. So do! We'll be here when you get back.

Lyric had become friends with a girl from Portugal who speaks no English. Of course, Lyric does not speak her language either.

But that doesn't seem to bother either of them.

They are now BFF's...

2015-01-13195040_zpseb929d55.jpg

2015-01-13140355_zps62fc7952.jpg

Even though these two young girls do not speak the same language it is awesome that they have become friends! Maybe the world could use this as an example of how everyone should act.

Trainman,

I first "met" you a couple of years ago when you were on the Vision. We were going on her soon after. I followed your thread, and your blog, and learned that you were going to be Commodore of Palm Coast yacht club, along with moving house, losing chickens to suspected panthers etc. We belong to a yacht club in Toronto and are passing through Palm Coast for a couple of days at the end of January. Thanks to your recommendations we will be eating at the Golden Corral, and plan on visiting the yacht club to see if they will let a couple of visitors in for a beer. probably on Friday Jan 30th. Maybe we'll see you!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Jim, I am loving your review, especially the sunrise and sunset pictures!

But seriously, you have a great one there of Lyric and her new BFF! You should send it in to CNN or some other news source. It would make a great story about people of the world celebrating their joy of life! Accentuating likeness instead of differences!

Great suggestion Rhonda, I also loved the BFF pictures, sweet innocent kids in this very scary world.

Jim, happy you are relaxing and enjoying this cruise, and once again, thank you for doing this. Love you guys !!!!!

xxx

We got a note today from Booty at Pet Paradise in Palm Coast, FL.

My favorite activity is Snuggling with the Resort Associates.

My favorite part of playtime is Making all of these new friends.

My favorite friend is a Sheltie named Sandy.

I am eating very well.

So far my favorite part of being in Pet Paradise is being spoiled.

Miss you

-Booty

01Booty-01_zpsfcfd7a1a.jpg

OMG Booty...and stupid me was so worried about you. This made my day. As a dog owner and lover this made me feel so relieved. Rock on Booty, your Judith will be home before you know it. Smelling like sea air, which is a good thing.

xxx

We all had a great time ashore today in the RCI terminal at Falmouth.

Ally had bought matching sun dresses for her and Lyric 3 years ago and they both wore them today. They even found a matching dress for Lyric's favorite doll. And, they got their hair braided too!

2015-01-14151727_zps4991a8f2.jpg

More tomorrow...

Edited by Trainman-2

Thanks so much for sharing Trainman. I originally joined the thread just looking for another Live thread. Little did I know that I was getting ready to becoming engrossed in not only this live thread but your daily life on the farm thread as well. Cruise Critic members have been nothing but great towards me but seeing the amount of respect they have for you makes me a huge fan. Thanks for sharing your stories with us. Enjoy your trip. I miss the Allure already!

Ps. Those ladies look lovely in their matching dresses!

Edited by atfreud17