Miami Pre-Cruise Hotel near stores

pbrady

I have searched & searched - we are looking for a hotel for one night pre-cruise but we need it near some stores - a grocery store, Walgreens, K-Mart....any store where we can get contact solution, soap, sunscreen.... I found a couple (mid September) but they were all $500 plus. Also, the last time we left out of Miami the hotel didn't seem far but it was a $45 taxi to the port. We'd like to avoid that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have searched & searched - we are looking for a hotel for one night pre-cruise but we need it near some stores - a grocery store, Walgreens, K-Mart....any store where we can get contact solution, soap, sunscreen.... I found a couple (mid September) but they were all $500 plus. Also, the last time we left out of Miami the hotel didn't seem far but it was a $45 taxi to the port. We'd like to avoid that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

What date?

If for instance you need Friday, 9/18 there are plenty of rooms that are great hotels and priced very well on last minute travel in the Brickell/Downtown area. All are within walking distance to a CVS and a Publix.

Conrad is $121, Four Seasons is $168, Hyatt Regency is $118, Epic is $191.

It's about a $12 from these hotels to the port.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami pre cruise. I paid $203 total for a Bayside room for one night. From what I understand it is right across the street from Bayside marketplace and a couple of blocks away from a CVS. It is also a 5 minute or so cab ride from the port. I have not been there yet personally but everything I have read about it has been good.

Any hotel in downtown Miami will be close to a CVS or Walgreens drug store that will have everything you need. In addition to the Holiday Inn check the Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell.

We are looking to stay 1 night in Miami before our cruise April 25, 2015. NCL website recommends Holiday Inn, Sofitel Miami, Courtyard Miami Beach and Hilton Miami Downtown. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, need to park at Terminal. Has anyone ever used other parking lots that are advertised as being near the Terminal?

Here are my recommendations:

Close to CVS and stores at Bayside but if you like to walk you can walk to Publix Grocery Store in around 20 to 25 minutes.

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Holiday Inn Bayside

Epic

Hyatt

Hampton Inn

Marriott

Conrad Hilton

Four Seasons

Close to Mary Brickell Village with a Publix, and CVS nearby and there are lots of small stores and restaurants there too.

This list gives you a lot of hotels at various price not to consider.

Keith