Live from Quantum Jan 11th and Loving it!!!!

I am so glad to see other fellow cruisers posting also enjoying it like we are.

It's day 3 already and yesterday we were off the coast of Florida in warmer weather by the afternoon. This ship goes faster at night when most folks are in bed:)

Yesterday my husband got nauseated so went to the mall of stores and there was a Shrek parade going on. After it was done I could not find the store with meds so went to guest services and they had the motion sickness pills complimentary there. How nice is that?:)

Within 90 minutes of husband taking them we were back into action.

I forgot to mention that this ship has sea bands you can wear to charge items at the bars and stores and unlock your cabin doors (great for when you have your hands full with those irresistible cookies) and to use at the slot machines (which is great so you don't forget your card in it). Husband didn't like the idea at first because his was yellow but going to guest services changed that and they gave him black. You also have your sea pass card which you must take with you to go ashore.

Last night we saw The comedian, Jim David, but we had just seen him in November on the Allure. It was held in the theater where there was plenty of seats for the stand bys.

Speaking of the theater, all of their seats have air vents on the back of the seat so those who normally take sweaters certainly won't need them. What a great idea this is..

We had dinner in the Windjammer and we were a bit leery to go after reading all the negative reviews, but wow it was very good and the selection looked like a bit from each of the complimentary dining venues such as lamb shanks, BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, and a good selection of the Asian items.

There is a section of the windjammer that is open 24 hours to get food and drinks....love that and we have been going there each night before our last trip to the cabin.....love those cookies and finally a place to get ice tea past 9 pm!:)

Loving it still and haven't made our way yet to the bumper cars or north star or iFLY.

Edited by CrusinAgain

My guess about the free internet, is to encourage people to post how things have improved on the Quantum. Never underestimate the power of Social media.

Edited by smeck

We are in a beautiful D3 balcony room on deck 13 forward under the solarium and have a wonderful cabin attendant, Alexander.

Have they had the midnight dance party in the solarium yet? We had such a room on Allure and while great for 6 nights, the noise was loud until about 3am on the night of that party.

My guess about the free internet, is to encourage people to post how things have improved on the Quantum. Never underestimate the power of Social media.

I agree, I think the last step to really attracting the milleniials and newer, younger cruisers, is getting wifi cheap, fast and reliable, so we can Facebook all day long, just like with any land-based vacation.

Without it, I mean to post things when I get home, but never do, so people still think cruise is an old person's vacation. Reliable wifi is going to do a lot for the companies' financial health in free marketing. FAR offsetting the former outrageous pricing structures revenues.

Today is day 2 on our southern Caribbean cruise. Check-in was easy and once they started to board we were on quickly. Having taking the Oasis 3 times in a year and the Allure once my husband and I couldn't wait to try this beautiful new ship.

We are in a beautiful D3 balcony room on deck 13 forward under the solarium and have a wonderful cabin attendant, Alexander.

We have free wi-fi for this cruise that was announced at the mustard drill which our station was in the theater.

This ship is awesome!!! The crew is awesome!!!!

Last night we ate at the Grande since you can eat there on the first night in smart casual clothing. Lobster was delicious as well as the cocktail prawns.

More in a few minutes.....

Same room location as we have on our upcoming cruise? Port or Starboard? Near stairs? or way forward? Much rocking or movement? Would you book that area again? Thanks for your time!!

Same room location as we have on our upcoming cruise? Port or Starboard? Near stairs? or way forward? Much rocking or movement? Would you book that area again? Thanks for your time!!

Starboard half way between solarium door and entrance to elevator and stairs. Yes I would book this location again....very convenient and can look straight down to the ocean with no obstructions.

As far as rocking and movement yes you feel it but it doesn't throw you to the other side of the hall like some ships this size I have been on. Never lost balance either.:)

Live update - Tuesday. The waters have been very calm. Great day except for heavy rain this morning. Of course it was when we had our reservation for Ifly. My DH went but I was unwilling to get wet. Had a great breakfast of eggs Benedict in Coastal Kitchen. We had lunch in Izumi but it was not to our liking. We ordered 3 ala carte dishes and the bill was $27.00. I think that was a lot of money for lunch. Tonight we are eating in the Grande. I will post our experience tomorrow. The diamond and above lounge is extremely crowded. The first night the doors were left open so it made me believe that anyone could just enter. The crowd was so large that it overflowed in the Music Hall. We are going tonight to meet up with friends so I will let you know tomorrow how it was. I just told my DH if it wasn't for our dog being at a sitter I would go right downstairs and see if there is a stateroom available for the next cruise. I do not want to get off this magnificent ship. The staff is exceptional.

Its my understanding that there are over 1000 diamond members on this sailing. There were "only" 400 on the 8day I took last week and it was crowded-over flowing into the music hall a bit as well!

The 12/12 had mid 700s for Diamond. The first night was packed, after that it eased up. The also put 3 drinks on your Seapass card that can be used at select bars around the ship between 5:00 and 8:30. That came in handy many evenings. I just LOVED the espresso machine and the walnut strudel at breakfast.

Live update - Tuesday. The waters have been very calm. Great day except for heavy rain this morning. Of course it was when we had our reservation for Ifly. My DH went but I was unwilling to get wet. Had a great breakfast of eggs Benedict in Coastal Kitchen. We had lunch in Izumi but it was not to our liking. We ordered 3 ala carte dishes and the bill was $27.00. I think that was a lot of money for lunch. Tonight we are eating in the Grande. I will post our experience tomorrow. The diamond and above lounge is extremely crowded. The first night the doors were left open so it made me believe that anyone could just enter. The crowd was so large that it overflowed in the Music Hall. We are going tonight to meet up with friends so I will let you know tomorrow how it was. I just told my DH if it wasn't for our dog being at a sitter I would go right downstairs and see if there is a stateroom available for the next cruise. I do not want to get off this magnificent ship. The staff is exceptional.

Funny u say that. I am pricing out cruises on the Anthem as I write this. We need to meet somewhere on the ship sometime during this cruise:)

At the Captain's Corner on Jan 10, someone asked about the free wifi on that sailing (Jan 3-11), and the captain said they were hoping people would tweet about the great time they were having. :p

Funny u say that. I am pricing out cruises on the Anthem as I write this. We need to meet somewhere on the ship sometime during this cruise:)

We have already booked the anthem for next January months ago. Do it quick the prices keep going up. I am up for a hello and chat.

Just wandering. I see the menu has changed. Do they still have escargot on the menu in the Grande?

We don't plan to go back but I will go look at the menu for you.....I thought I saw it there the first night (thinking of my younger sister who loves it)...just give me some time:)

Edited by CrusinAgain