Name 1 thing that RCCL really does well and 1 thing is can vastly improve on.

George C

What is good..... they promote the C&A loyalty programme....

What is not so good..... when I got to D I thought..... meh..... glass of wine and a canape each night.... meh.....

What is good...... Gluten Free pizza and GF cupcakes

What is bad..... GF Bread..... sooooo bad.....

What is good.... Specialty dining venues

What is bad...... until you tell them you are Gluten intolerant and still pay the upcharge for lesser quality food than you can get in the MDR.... I cite Adventure of the Seas in this instance.

It's all subjective. I've been loyal to Royal for a number of years and will be D+ by the middle of this one. Time to move on. Will be itinerary focused much more from now on.

Good - Building loyalty among their customers who strive relentlessly to reach the next level in the C&A Society......( yup, that's me!)

Bad - Taking away the "little things" that I thought were attentive and special. Yes I am talking about pillow chocolates :eek: As a person who works in the hospitality industry and teaches "service excellence" - the trick is to take things away from the customer that they won't notice! They really dropped the ball on this one. It wasn't the chocolate itself....it was the perception of attention to detail and delighting the customer that has been lost.

Good: There is always something to do. We cruise for the activities aboard the ship and have never been disappointed onboard RCI. LOVE the Quest, Love and Marriage game, trivia, Karaoke, etc.

Mediocre: Although it's not horrible, service is not what it used to be. Waiters in the MDR are now overworked so they don't have the time to spend with each table as they used to. DH used to have the cocktail of choice sitting at his seat every night when we arrived.

Bad: Changes to Bingo. RCI has always overcharged for Bingo but when they went to "machines" to play for you, they went overboard and took the fun away from the game. This could be looked at as a positive, though, since we now save money by not playing.

Best: Attention to detail by the Cabin Steward, Waiters and Assistant Waiters.

Worst: Production shows in the theater on the small ships. Boring song selection, horrible costumes. The singers and dancers try to do their best but ugh. We just choose not to go anymore for their next show.

Just off the Brilliance of the Seas 1/8/15 to 1/12/15.

The thing I was amazed at was how good the ice show was ( I have been on 57 cruises)

The thing that vastly can be improved on is breakfast/lunch at windjammer , Many lines do a much better job

I think Royal Caribbean has an awesome crew and Amazing ships!!

They could improve on their hollandaise sauce for their eggs Benedict!!:(

The thing I was amazed at was how good the ice show was ( I have been on 57 cruises)

The thing that vastly can be improved on is breakfast/lunch at windjammer , Many lines do a much better job

The one thing that Royal Caribbean does well is be inconsistent. The one thing Royal Caribbean could improve on is to be more consistent.

Seriously, Royal Caribbean's on board service is usually very good. The one thing that Royal Caribbean could improve is to actually enforce its rules, or drop the rule altogether. This is part of the inconsistency issue I mentioned above.

I think the fact that they build innovative ships is their biggest plus. When Oasis was being built, I watched a video from a link they e-mailed to me. They said "we build amazing!" I think they did and did again with the Quantum.

The worst is their sales where the pricing is so convoluted that you cannot understand the sale.

First of all, the Radiance Class rules!:D

Oasis class=floating shopping malls!

What can be vastly improved is late night edible food offerings, that are now almost non-existent!

Keep the buffet open 24 hours with at least edible 'deli' sandwiches, not those lousy ones at Cafe Promenade, and decent pizza, not the worst pizza of any cruise line, Sorrento's!:mad:

Edited by American Bear

American Bear, I'm with you on Radiance class, but you lost me on the 24=hr food...come on, do you really want 24 hour food??? Back when they did the midnight buffets the waste was incredible.

The ships are fabulous, the loyalty program has kept us coming back till we are now D+ (probly won't ever be pineapples, but that's ok), and we have found the service overall to be really good to excellent.

I'd like to see some different itineraries, particularly for the smaller ships that could dock in other islands, and -- I know this is really picky -- I'd really love to see something other than the Chateau de Tuesday that they pour!!:p

American Bear, I'm with you on Radiance class, but you lost me on the 24=hr food...come on, do you really want 24 hour food??? Back when they did the midnight buffets the waste was incredible.

The ships are fabulous, the loyalty program has kept us coming back till we are now D+ (probly won't ever be pineapples, but that's ok), and we have found the service overall to be really good to excellent.

I'd like to see some different itineraries, particularly for the smaller ships that could dock in other islands, and -- I know this is really picky -- I'd really love to see something other than the Chateau de Tuesday that they pour!!:p

Yes, ask for 24 hour free edible food, and settle for extended buffet hours.

Can't speak for the waste on the midnight buffets, we certainly ate our share!:D

We do agree with you about the itineraries, and would add the number of port days, and where RCL ports are also weak areas for RCL!

example

RCL in Belize-Carnival offers Costa Maya as alternative to Belize on some cruises!

RCL in Roatan-Carnival's new port area they built in Roatan is far superior to where RCL ports!

RCL's private island of Coco Cay while OK, we'd rank the worst of all the other cruise lines private islands in comparison! Disney offers a dock-no tender, and all the others are much larger, with far better swimming facilities!

RCL's Labadee with a dock, an excellent stop should be duplicated, but RCL dropped the ball.

On the plus side, we'd agree with others about RCL's loyalty program is the best at the higher levels, the only competitor close is MSC's loyalty club top tier giving 20% off future cruise prices!

Yes, ask for 24 hour free edible food, and settle for extended buffet hours. Can't speak for the waste on the midnight buffets, we certainly ate our share!:D

We do agree with you about the itineraries, and would add the number of port days, and where RCL ports are also weak areas for RCL!

example RCL in Belize-Carnival offers Costa Maya as alternative to Belize on some cruises! RCL in Roatan-Carnival's new port area they built in Roatan is far superior to where RCL ports! RCL's private island of Coco Cay while OK, we'd rank the worst of all the other cruise lines private islands in comparison! Disney offers a dock-no tender, and all the others are much larger, with far better swimming facilities!

RCL's Labadee with a dock, an excellent stop should be duplicated, but RCL dropped the ball.

On the plus side, we'd agree with others about RCL's loyalty program is the best at the higher levels, the only competitor close is MSC's loyalty club top tier giving 20% off future cruise prices!

From my POV, they do need a little wider variety of food available 24 hours a day -- not to mean, that Midnight Buffet, but an area of the WJ with light foods. Pizza doesn't qualify to me. I want to know I can go and get a plate of fruit with a couple of cookies and coffee or tea, without it being difficult to do.

I agree that more port options would be nice, especially since some people enjoy a specific ship and go back to it several times, so a rotation of more ports would be nice.

The loyalty program -- between the people that love it, and those that are angry about the changes to it, there are multiple and conflicting POVs.

DH and I are Diamonds -- we have never cruised on another line. Why, simple -- we have been happy with Royal and as we have moved up the CAS ranks -- the discounts and incentives have been nice. Some of the changes, irritate me, but they don't change the enjoyment we have when we are ON BOARD. That is why we keep cruising with them.