Name 1 thing that RCCL really does well and 1 thing is can vastly improve on.

George C

Royal annoys me with great success. :rolleyes:

To me their biggest down fall (on most days) is their IT department. Right behind is their "sales" promotions.:rolleyes:

I love the design of the Oasis Class. IMHO a home run, even though others might not agree. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

On the plus side I think they cater well for families in activities and entertainment.

On the negative side I think that trying to do anything on their website is a nightmare. Their systems are awful, and trying to get a straight answer from their reps is just about impossible! :mad:

The thing I was amazed at was how good the ice show was ( I have been on 57 cruises)

The thing that vastly can be improved on is breakfast/lunch at windjammer , Many lines do a much better job

(1) What they do well is entertain me and keep me busy (if I want to be busy).

(2) I wish they had less promotions and simplified pricing and then enable loyal cruisers to utilize more of their earned credits in combination with each other. I realize that they also need to capture more 'first time cruisers' and that is fine....even the new cruiser appreciates simplified pricing (which can be more attractive) rather than 'sales that eventually are not perceived by consumers as sales any longer'.

Their biggest strength is catering to families of all ages with a great assortment of activities, food and entertainment.

Their biggest weakness is having the absolutely positively worst IT department of any major company I have ever seen. I have worked for several Fortune 500 companies and have seen fist hand how well IT departments run these companies. I truly do not think a person could exaggerate how bad RCCL's IT department is. Their website has not worked properly for the past decade. There have been hundreds and hundreds of threads of how people booked a dinner or excursion or made a change of some sort on the website and it somehow repriced their entire vacation into current rates. Unacceptable. How does a problem like that not get fixed for an entire decade? This is just one of many examples of the IT problems with this cruise line.

Edited by WhenIsLobsterNight

Good: Innovative ships (sometimes a little too innovative)

Bad: Internal communication and IT services

I get it when an organization prioritizes (ships) but RC has dropped the ball big time (IT, communications). I recently heard less than 5% of booking occur online so that might explain why RC might have possibly stopped investing in IT (web dev) as it largely acts as a marketing site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaribSailor

Good - Entertainment, food, drink and Service on the ship is excellent.

Bad - UK after sales customer service is absolutely terrible. I changed my flights and I have asked for a confimation invoice to be emailed to me 3 times and 3 time they have sent me the invoice with the old flight details. They just cant seem to comprehend the fact that I have changed my flights. Im still trying to get them to resolve the issue :rolleyes:

The Good - The beautiful ships, the entertainment and the enthusiasm of the hardworking crew :)

The Bad - terrible customer service!!! Nobody seems to know what they are doing and it takes sooooooo long to try to get issues resolved. Biggest mistake they made was to relocate the UK Customer Service facility to Central America.

Good: The ships, the ease and comfort of being able to travel as a solo traveler, loyalty program.

Bad: Hard to afford a cruise as a solo traveler (not exclusive to RC, but I'd rather pay for one person than get double points--they do me no good if I can't afford to go on a cruise); would like to see a few more ports added and Nassau eliminated