Star in SF this morning (1/13)

gcvt

Got to work this morning and started checking all my favorite web cams. Found this on webmarin.com, thought it was cool, and thought I'd share it here:

image.php?mode=medium&album_id=900&image_id=30568

Beautiful Shot!! I love seeing that panorama and adding a fine ship at the base of telegraph hill completes the scene!!

What a great shot. The Star and Alcatraz clearly visible in the fog.

I do wonder thou, why they keep spinning the Grand class ships around so they are bow out of pier 27? They almost always went bow in at pier 35. When I left on the Island for the Panama Canal several months ago, we actually got stuck in the mud at sailaway and it took two tugs to free us. Not sure that has anything to do with it thou:confused:

On February 7th we are doing the tour of the ship while it is at port in San Francisco. Our travel agent will meet us there and give us a tour of the ship since my husband and I and our friends haven't cruised on Princess before. Anyone have any experience participating in these "tours"? Any reviews or advice on what to look for?

TIA

Much better picture from there than from the Star. We were caught in that fog bank and didn't dock until way late. Everyone was several hours late getting off.

I imagine planes were missed.

Welcome to San Francisco, enjoy your stay :D

On February 7th we are doing the tour of the ship while it is at port in San Francisco. Our travel agent will meet us there and give us a tour of the ship since my husband and I and our friends haven't cruised on Princess before. Anyone have any experience participating in these "tours"? Any reviews or advice on what to look for?

TIA

Is this strictly a ship's tour or are you having lunch on board?

The reason I ask is that a tour with lunch is called a "Bon Voyage Experience" and comes with a $39 price tag and requires prescreening/booking, etc. We have a friend and relatives who will be boarding with us for this event when we sail. We've even done it ourselves a couple of times. Great fun!

Tricia

I hope they leave soon. Most wouldn't prefer a late departure, but sailing out under the Golden Gate at night is quite an experience. It's not like they have somewhere to be tomorrow :p

I keep reloading http://webmarin.com waiting to see some movement toetap05.gif

Edited by gcvt