Booking Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos

pajazz28

Has anyone ever booked either of these resort the day they arrived at the port and if so how did you go about it. My wife and I are going to Cozumel on the Allure in January and we really do not want to book ahead in case the weather is not good, please help.

This is a better question for the Cozumel port forum.

But while I'm here...

Mr. Sanchos doesn't restrict the number of guests, and you don't even have to pay to get in (pay is for all inclusive only). Of the two, it is the safest one to show up without any previous arrangements.

Nachi Cocom does have a hard limit. How often they sell it out I couldn't say, but when I went there on Christmas Day 2013 there were 50-60 people at most (and they limit it to 100).

Stay away from Nachi. Last year we had the worst ever experience there. The place was run down and dirty. The staff was threatening. Stay away.

Completely opposite of our experiences at Nachi.

You take a taxi to either resort and you may be able to get in to either. Our preference is Nachi since it only takes 100 people and is never crowded and service is good so is the food. The deposit for two is only $22 which is non refundable unless your trip is cancelled, misses port or they are closed for weather. We were at Mr Sanchos only once and there was a loud crowd, no service, had to stand in line for food and no place to sit except in the sand and that was with a reservation. Maybe just a bad day but it is Nachi for me, rain or shine.

We were just at Mr. Sanchos' last Wednesday, Jan 7. There was 6 of us and we arrived without reservations, no problem. We were given a table under an umbrella and had waiter service all day. We did the ala carte program and 2 drinks, 7-8 sodas/waters, and 6 meals ran us $113, which I didn't think was bad. A van taxi from the port for the 6 of us was $34 each way. I think for 2 it was around $20 each way.

Check how many ships are in port that day, and gauge it from there. We only had 4 ships in port that day.

One thing I will note for families, the water toys (trampoline, ice berg, water slide, etc) ARE NOT designed for children younger than 13-14 years old. It is VERY difficult to get up onto them. I had my twin grandchildren with me, aged 11, and they were barely able to use them, and only with my assistance to get onto them. IMHO, it was a total waste of the money to purchase the wrist bands.

Stay away from Nachi. Last year we had the worst ever experience there. The place was run down and dirty. The staff was threatening. Stay away.

Totally opposite experience at Nachi Cocum. We've gone there four times and always had a great time. We'll be there again in April on NOS, this time with eight friends, two of which are repeat cruisers with us and they insisted we plan Nachi into the mix.

To the OP, just grab a taxi outside the port and hang on for dear life! :D

Sorry you had a bad visit - we've been several times, always enjoyed great service and a well run, clean facility.

We recently returned from western caribbean cruise. We chose Nochi as 6 other ships in port and didnt want to compete with so many for tours, beaches, etc. We enjoyed our stay there. The beach was nice. The staff were friendly and always asking if we needed anything. The meal was great! Was quiet, but had to pay to go back and forth to port, think was about $16 each way? Might go back again if in area another time. Have fun

We were just at Mr. Sanchos' last Wednesday, Jan 7. There was 6 of us and we arrived without reservations, no problem. We were given a table under an umbrella and had waiter service all day. We did the ala carte program and 2 drinks, 7-8 sodas/waters, and 6 meals ran us $113, which I didn't think was bad. A van taxi from the port for the 6 of us was $34 each way. I think for 2 it was around $20 each way.

Check how many ships are in port that day, and gauge it from there. We only had 4 ships in port that day.

One thing I will note for families, the water toys (trampoline, ice berg, water slide, etc) ARE NOT designed for children younger than 13-14 years old. It is VERY difficult to get up onto them. I had my twin grandchildren with me, aged 11, and they were barely able to use them, and only with my assistance to get onto them. IMHO, it was a total waste of the money to purchase the wrist bands.

We were there last Wednesday, too! We also were on the Explorer. We probably crossed paths as we were also on the pay as you go side.I agree with you that the inflatables are difficult to climb on. My 13 year old did fine, but she is very athletic. My older teens were actually the ones who had a tough time of it. But I will say, they enjoyed it, there were a lot of laughs.

Just a tip, be wary with the cab drivers. We picked one up right at the pier and told him we wanted to go to Mr. Sanchos. He started driving and asked if we had reservations. I said no and he told me that we needed them (you don't). He then said we should go to the other side of the island and he would take us to a nice beach there. We said no, we wanted to stick with the original plan. He grumbled something but agreed.

When we got to Mr. Sanchos he told us it was only all inclusive and he would go up and negotiate a price. I told him we wanted pay as you go but he didn't even acknowledge me. Up at the entrance desk he said they would give us $10 off (there were 5 of us). I said firmly that no, we wanted the pay as you go side. Well he looked pissed. He took the cab fare out of my husbands hand and stormed off. Even the guy at the desk didn't look too happy and we were beginning to second guess our decision.

We were taken to the pay as you go side and all worked out great. We had a covered table and lounge chairs as well as a server for the day. We each had a few drinks over the course of the day as well as nachos, tacos and quesadillas and it ran us about $100, plus the price of the inflatables for the three kids.

What started out a little unsettling turned out to be a great day.

Edited by melk71

So, if going there without the all inclusive option, did they charge you to get in? What were you limited to with not paying all inclusive? i couldn't see a price on their website. i did see the ala carte menu. Could you use pool, kayaks? umbrellas?

So, if going there without the all inclusive option, did they charge you to get in? What were you limited to with not paying all inclusive? i couldn't see a price on their website. i did see the ala carte menu. Could you use pool, kayaks? umbrellas?

No admission fee for the pay-as-you-go side of Mr. Sanchos. There is a small pool - the larger/nicer pool is on the AI side. They keep the two sides apart so that AI customers cannot "share" free drinks with PAYG customers. Expect drink/food prices in line with other beach clubs on Coz, and you'll still pay extra - AI side or PAYG side - for the water toys.

You take a taxi to either resort and you may be able to get in to either. Our preference is Nachi since it only takes 100 people and is never crowded and service is good so is the food. The deposit for two is only $22 which is non refundable unless your trip is cancelled, misses port or they are closed for weather. We were at Mr Sanchos only once and there was a loud crowd, no service, had to stand in line for food and no place to sit except in the sand and that was with a reservation. Maybe just a bad day but it is Nachi for me, rain or shine.

Sorry you had that experience. we were there July 2013. It was not full, there we many nice waiters who served us well. It was a of of fun. The only problem we had was with the locker that we rented. They gave me a key on a string neckless and as I was walking to the locker the key came off the neckless. They charged me ten bucks for a lost key.

When pulling up to Nachi, it looks a little run down, but we thought everything else was clean and well taken care of. We loved it there. There were probably only 30 people on the beach and a few in the pool. Our waiter was very attentive -- my DH never had to actually ask for a beer. (Nachi also had the only guacamole I have ever liked)

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Are there standup paddle boards at Nachi? And to verify: Nachi is all-inclusive, right? How much is it per person and does it include food? Drinks? What activities?

Yes, It's all inclusive. I believe it's $55 per person for adults. I don't know if they have standup paddle boards, all we did was relax and hang out. It was very peaceful and quiet there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can agree with most,have been to Nachi a bunch of times. Always enjoyed ourselves. Go on their website and reserve your day also can see whats there. Food was good and like other poster stated waiter even brought drinks to us while we were in the water. Going to be in cozumel in march and going back again.

We've seen floating mats but never stand-up paddle boards at Nachi. $55 per person includes 4-course meal (I've never made it to dessert :o) and unlimited drinks. No water toys, but there are optional massages , snorkel tours, etc. Great food/drinks/service. quiet, relaxing and uncrowded - our favorite spot on Coz. :)

I prefer mr. Sanchos or paradise.

I have been to all three. My experience at Nachi was the worst.

1. poor attitude- wouldn't accept credit card . agreed via email, but then only wanted cash

2. seaweed all over the chairs and the front beach line. because it was poor weather and small crowd- didn't clean it up.

3. isolated- really can't walk to the other resort areas

4. only liked the guac- hated the other food. Used to great mexican food in Los Angeles

5. very small beach area.

I know it is tough to decide- good luck. if it is a sunny day it is a win-win!