Cozumel transportation

liquorstore

Our cruise docked at a place that was quite a walk away from all the good shopping and places to eat. We ended up having to take a cab ride, it was $16 for all 6 of us. It is walkable but on that day it was threatening to rain so we didn't want to risk it but it still would have been a long walk. Apparently some cruises dock right by where we ended up shopping and eating, so you may get lucky and not need to take any transportation or even hardly walk.

I wouldn't even bother getting off the ship at Cozumel if we ever go back, it was not a very pretty place. I think the other side is nice where people stay and vacation, though. We picked our next cruise and made sure it didn't go to Cozumel so that we could see something new and hopefully nice. No offense to Cozumel. lol

Edited by BigB0882

Cozumel has the most fabulous beaches! We took a taxi to Nachi Cocum and had a fabulous day. We did a little shopping in port after but I can't imagine doing anything but enjoying one of the fabulous beaches in cozumel.

Edited by kona_wahine

There are also some private drivers /tour companies there.

I am researching on Trip Advisor for our upcoming cruise.

I would never just stay around a port as I like to go out and explore!

This is one company I am considering:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/index.html

Edited by riffatsea

Our cruise docked at a place that was quite a walk away from all the good shopping and places to eat. We ended up having to take a cab ride, it was $16 for all 6 of us. It is walkable but on that day it was threatening to rain so we didn't want to risk it but it still would have been a long walk. Apparently some cruises dock right by where we ended up shopping and eating, so you may get lucky and not need to take any transportation or even hardly walk.

I wouldn't even bother getting off the ship at Cozumel if we ever go back, it was not a very pretty place. I think the other side is nice where people stay and vacation, though. We picked our next cruise and made sure it didn't go to Cozumel so that we could see something new and hopefully nice. No offense to Cozumel. lol

different strokes for different folks I guess.

We love Cozumel and book almost all western caribbean cruises when possible.

Cozumel is my favorite port.

Bill

Surprised you feel that way rather nice beaches down the road.

Edited by love my grandkids

All of the Carnival ships dock at the same pier, as it is the one that Carnival paid to be built. As a result, you will need a taxi to get into downtown. As mentioned, you can walk, but it is a LONG walk.