Dynamic Dining changed to MTD

ldl05

Not necessarily, this could be a work in progress and new furniture added in subsequent cruises. I'm not sure if the OP for the linked thread was on when this change was first started and it wasn't completed when he/she got off the ship.

That could certainly be the case but the question was what inferences could be made from the changes that had been made. You can always speculate about the meaning of things that have may or may not happen.

That could certainly be the case but the question was what inferences could be made from the changes that had been made. You can always speculate about the meaning of things that have may or may not happen.

Based on history, an inference can be made for either a permanent change or a temporary change (or for that matter, some combination of the two). It is only in the speculation that might give preference to one or the other.

Everyone is assuming that Dynamic Dining is gone for good. If Royal gets DD fixed, all these changes will be reversed won't they?

I would assume that is true. I was only speaking of our daughter's Oasis cruise in May which we doubt will revert back to DD but I guess you never know. :confused:

I would assume that is true. I was only speaking of our daughter's Oasis cruise in May which we doubt will revert back to DD but I guess you never know. :confused:

I'm also on the Oasis in May. They better not reverse it now! :mad:

I can see people that are booked "later in the year" should expect to possibly have DD, but I would guess anyone booked sooner than that should not have to worry?

I can see people that are booked "later in the year" should expect to possibly have DD, but I would guess anyone booked sooner than that should not have to worry?

I suspect you're correct. If I were booked in May, I would be fairly confident it would be classic dining. Who knows after that?

I'm in agreement with you - at this point (given the "later in the year" statement), I cannot see them switching May cruises on Oasis back to DD. But we all know RCI has done some questionable things in the past. ;)

Just today my Oasis cruise on 4/11 was changed back to 8:30pm traditional dining. :) I am SO relieved! Quite honestly, if we had been stuck in MTD we were going to cancel the cruise - we hate MTD THAT much!

That is something as we LOVE LOVE LOVE MTD. Have done MTD since it started and would NEVER go back to traditional. Most of the time we get to eat alone so instead of 3 hour dinners we are out in 1.5 hours. Love just catching up on our day and what we are doing the next. We have eaten with others, but we talk to so many people on the ship that eating with other at dinner is totally not important to us

We love being able to go eat when we feel like it. We eat anytime between 7-8:30 depending on shows, what we feel like, et. Just love that flexibility.

So we booked when DD was the only option and when I recently checked the reservation we were switched to MTD with no waitlists. So, I called the TA this am and was told that the 6 pm and 830 pm seatings were full and the 6 pm waitlist was closed; however, the 830 waitlist was open. My brother is also traveling and she linked our reservations and put us on the 830 pm waitlist. Tonight I checked my reservation and it shows MTD and no waitlist, yet my brother's reservation shows the 830 waitlist. I called the TA and was told that my reservation isn't on the 830 waitlist and that it is now closed so it can't be added. So, I'm a bit disappointed...Final payment is this Monday 1/19.

Few Questions:

1) how likely is it that the seatings will open back up after final payment date due to cancellations?

or

2) Is this a big mess due to Royal postponing DD and now trying to get people into specific seatings and I should just keep calling my TA to check?

3) We like having the same servers each night and enjoy the singing and other performances the waitstaff put on during dinner. Is that still part of MTD?

4) Is it easy to request the same waitstaff each night? And if so should we reserve the same time each night?

5) Can you make MTD reservations through Cruise Planner online? I tried to find it tonight but only showed the specialty restaurants.

Thanks

...3) We like having the same servers each night and enjoy the singing and other performances the waitstaff put on during dinner. Is that still part of MTD?...

Singing by the waiters has been discontinued in traditional and MTD dining rooms.

Edited by clarea

I'm not sure whether I'm ending up as DD or MTD yet, but since it appears that eventually I'll be making reservations of some sort (once I'm allowed to), could someone recommend me a booking strategy? Should I first book entertainment and then book my dining around that? And if so, how much earlier should my dining reservation be before a show? An hour and a half? More?

I'm not sure whether I'm ending up as DD or MTD yet, but since it appears that eventually I'll be making reservations of some sort (once I'm allowed to), could someone recommend me a booking strategy? Should I first book entertainment and then book my dining around that? And if so, how much earlier should my dining reservation be before a show? An hour and a half? More?

I'd book dining about 2 hours before the show begins. I think we will be fortunate if we know a show schedule at the time dining opens.

Our dining times have changed a few times. If we end up with MTD, will we have to pay gratuities in advance? At this moment we are listed for early traditional dining.

Yes, gratuities will be added to your booking if you are assigned to MTD.

Edited by clarea