Dynamic Dining changed to MTD

ldl05

I just checked my reservation on the Oasis for September 5th, and it shows that Dynamic Dining is now changed to MTD, with only wait lists available for both traditional dining seating times. This is fine with me, as we had planned to do mainly specialty dining, but find it extremely weird that all traditional dining is waitlisted being that there was no traditional dining initially offered. Has anyone who was on a future cruise with DD that was postponed been able to get a traditional dining reservation and not be waitlisted?

I just checked my reservation on the Oasis for September 5th, and it shows that Dynamic Dining is now changed to MTD, with only wait lists available for both traditional dining seating times. This is fine with me, as we had planned to do mainly specialty dining, but find it extremely weird that all traditional dining is waitlisted being that there was no traditional dining initially offered. Has anyone who was on a future cruise with DD that was postponed been able to get a traditional dining reservation and not be waitlisted?

We were originally on traditional, got switched to DD, changed to MTD last week, and then a day or two later went back to traditional. Others that were linked with us are still showing MTD.

I think Royal is still trying to figure out the dining reservations on Oasis.

I talked to a rep last week who said that anyone who booked while DD was supposed to be in place will be placed in MTD. And that by the end of this month the traditional dining times should become available, and those wanting to switch from MTD will then have the option to do so.

I think Royal is still trying to figure out the dining reservations on Oasis.

I talked to a rep last week who said that anyone who booked while DD was supposed to be in place will be placed in MTD. And that by the end of this month the traditional dining times should become available, and those wanting to switch from MTD will then have the option to do so.

Thanks, hopefully we can get our friends back on the same dining as us by te end of the month.

Just today my Oasis cruise on 4/11 was changed back to 8:30pm traditional dining. :) I am SO relieved! Quite honestly, if we had been stuck in MTD we were going to cancel the cruise - we hate MTD THAT much!

As was DD's Oasis cruise in May - they were changed back to Traditional early dining without an interim stop at MTD as far as we can see. :)

No TA can guarantee that RCI will not screw things up.

The President of the US can not guarantee that RCI will not screw things up.

Only God could guarantee that:rolleyes:

Quite true but we're confident it won't change. After all, that's why we/she uses a good TA: if it gets screwed up the TA will fix it. ;)

Edited by joepeka

We booked the Oasis for May 9 way before anyone had even heard of DD, about 2 years in advance. At the time we booked we were placed in Traditonal Dining, 6 PM seating. Just a few days ago we were swtched back to TD, 6 PM. We are also now linked with our friends, 8 of us total.

Very interesting information from all of you! I was looking forward to DD, but it's not a make or break with me....I'm just happy to be cruising!!😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we are on the oasis 4/5 and booked after the decision was made to stop DD so we have no reservation nor can we see if anything is available. i am told there is an email to the RCCL people saying that "by feb 1 all reservations will revert to their original (pre DD) choices.

we really like to eat early so we usually set MTD or specialty restaurants for each day in the 5:30-6:30 range depending on the shore excursion and our shows that night. any idea how early these book up? we have to make our final payment jan 19th and we are concerned that this will happen before we can find out if we will be able to get early dinners. if we knew all the early slots were full we would cancel the cruise.

greg

Everyone is assuming that Dynamic Dining is gone for good. If Royal gets DD fixed, all these changes will be reversed won't they?

Well if they get if fixed, Oasis will eventually get DD. I doubt they'll "reverse" any changes before "later in the year". I don't think they'd go through all this work of changing reservations back when there is a chance DD might happen on those cruises.

I think people from Sept 2015 on should possibly worry about this, but not those earlier in the year.

Try simply emailing them at rcldining@rccl.com.

I got a response within a day that our party of ten had all been changed from MTD and confirmed for main traditional seating. This is for an August 2015 cruise.

Do you know if they will they still make changes even if I'm using a TA?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Can someone please explain the MTD in the easier possible way. I was on RCCL years ago but cant really remember what we did.

Is it just for the main dining area or all restaurants?

Is it just rock up at any time and if they have a table they will seat you?

Or do you need to book a time each day?

Can someone please explain the MTD in the easier possible way. I was on RCCL years ago but cant really remember what we did.

Is it just for the main dining area or all restaurants?

Is it just rock up at any time and if they have a table they will seat you?

Or do you need to book a time each day?

It is only for the Main Dining Room. Your choice to show up at any time, make a reservation, or any combination thereof.

Just today my Oasis cruise on 4/11 was changed back to 8:30pm traditional dining. :) I am SO relieved! Quite honestly, if we had been stuck in MTD we were going to cancel the cruise - we hate MTD THAT much!

Yet for months you thought you were going to have DD (you did know you were going to have DD didn't you?) and you didn't cancel?:confused:

Yet for months you thought you were going to have DD (you did know you were going to have DD didn't you?) and you didn't cancel?:confused:

Yep! To me DD would have been an entirely different dining experience, where as MTD is just an inferior traditional dining experience! Yes, I know that seems strange, but that is us and that is how we feel! Just my opinion, which I believe I am entitled to have. LOL! Personally I am very happy that DD has been postponed, and hope that they do not implement it for our Allure cruise this fall.

I must say, that what they did to the main dining room on Oasis - in MY opinion - looks just awful! They replaced that beautiful chandelier with this ugly one with a giant shade. The American Icon chairs are so uncomfortable - the arms of the chairs come to this strange skinny ridge that digs into your skin on your lower arms. Silk decor is over the top 'red'. It will look fine if they implement Silk, but just looks rather silly as a regular dining room. I think that the changes that they make or don't make to Allure during her dry dock will tell us which way the wind is blowing at corporate RCI regarding retrofitting DD into ships.