Beverages in Mini fridge in stateroom

We will be cruising for the first time in June. We are planning to get the drink package. Does this include the beverages that come in the mini fridge in our stateroom? Or should we have it cleared out by our steward to keep waters, etc?

None of the packages include the beverages in the stateroom cooler, or beverages from room service.

Weird rule considering your beverage package works everywhere else so why aren't the mini fridge/room service items included right? Sailed on Oasis 2 weeks ago we asked our steward/stateroom attendant if she could clear out the mini fridge for us and the answer was she couldn't, we would have to call guest services to request someone to come do so. Just ended up taking out all the items in the mini fridge and putting them in the closet until the last day, then filled up that mini fridge with beers and waters.

Weird rule considering your beverage package works everywhere else so why aren't the mini fridge/room service items included right? Sailed on Oasis 2 weeks ago we asked our steward/stateroom attendant if she could clear out the mini fridge for us and the answer was she couldn't, we would have to call guest services to request someone to come do so. Just ended up taking out all the items in the mini fridge and putting them in the closet until the last day, then filled up that mini fridge with beers and waters.

Guessing they figure there would be more potential for sharing.

We do the same thing,we remove all the items from the fridg.But on our last cruise[explorer]they come around to restock the frig and the did and we were charged for what we removed.We called guest services and had them come up to our room and remove what they restocked,when they cme we showed them what we took out so they removed the restock.On the last night of our cruise I went down and got a printout and Yup they charged us.I told the Pursers deck what I did and what happened and they removed the charge.

We do the same thing,we remove all the items from the fridg.But on our last cruise[explorer]they come around to restock the frig and the did and we were charged for what we removed.We called guest services and had them come up to our room and remove what they restocked,when they cme we showed them what we took out so they removed the restock.On the last night of our cruise I went down and got a printout and Yup they charged us.I told the Pursers deck what I did and what happened and they removed the charge.

On the Navigator in April, we cleared ut the mini-frig and left a note on it letting them know where we put everything in case we weren't in the room when they came to check it.

Edited by mistshar

On one of our recent cruises we put a sticky on the fridge for the person that restocks the mini fridge to remove the items. We did not want to do it ourselves because we thought we would get charges.

Sure enough on day 2 he cleared it. :D

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

The very first thing we do when getting to the cabin the first day is remove everything from that "fridge". Up into the above closet it goes. We have better stuff to put in the fridge. We tell the cabin attendant what we did and he usually replies, "I will tell the beverage guy".

We usually do B2B's and somewhere along the way we finally meet the "beverage guy". And we explain it all to him and tell him not to waste his time checking our fridge. He is always very cool about it. Seldom have had a problem.

Rick and Deirdra

We'll be taking our first RCI cruise next fall (on the Anthem). On other cruise lines we've sailed (including Celebrity), our cabin attendant has always removed the contents of the fridge at our request the first day.

It seems from reading this thread that on RCI, the attendant can't touch that stuff, is that right? So we should just remove the contents ourselves and tell Guest Services we did it? It would not surprise me if that produced charges for that stuff on our account, that we'd then have to take the time to dispute.

Is there no better way to have the contents removed the first day?

Thanks for any info.

There's a cabinet and a shelving area above the dresser. We just stowed the contents there when we go to the cabin. Took all of 2 minutes max. Told the steward where it was and put a sticky on the cabinet for the guy who comes by to see. We've done it on every cruise and never seen a charge on our account.

We'll be taking our first RCI cruise next fall (on the Anthem). On other cruise lines we've sailed (including Celebrity), our cabin attendant has always removed the contents of the fridge at our request the first day.

It seems from reading this thread that on RCI, the attendant can't touch that stuff, is that right? So we should just remove the contents ourselves and tell Guest Services we did it? It would not surprise me if that produced charges for that stuff on our account, that we'd then have to take the time to dispute.

Is there no better way to have the contents removed the first day?

Thanks for any info.

One one cruise with the beverage package our fridge was locked the entire time. We didn't have anything to put in there, so it was OK. We kept our water and sodas in the ice bucket which kept things much colder than that cooler they call a fridge.

Guest Services should be kept out of it, unless you get charged eventually. Bottom line it's between you and the "beverage guy", with any assistance the cabin attendant may give. We've been thru this many, many times. Leaving a written note for the BG may help. What we've posted above works for us.

Rick and Deirdra

We have gotten wine from our package via room service before.

I should have said none of the unlimited beverage packages include drinks from the stateroom cooler or room service. Your wine package was not unlimited, so they don't have restriction on room service.